It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops go next level on two guys waiting for ride to work

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hi folks, sorry to post and run but it's late and I have to be up for work in the morning.
I just watched this on LiveLeak and it really pissed me off. A situation where two men waiting for a ride to work are assaulted by the boys in blue for no reason whatsoever. This situation did not need to turn out the way it did had the female officer just walked away after getting an explanation as to why these two men were sitting outside a closed shop. Disgusting. I hope all the police in this video are fired as they are unfit for duty and give the good guys a bad name.

Six Apopka police officers are under investigation after video was posted online showing cops roughing up and berating two men who were simply waiting for a ride to work.
A video of the incident shows extremely aggressive and unnecessary actions by the officers involved, which are indicative of the increased calls for police oversight and accountability by the American public."

LiveLeak

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentE

I watched the liveleak video a couple of hours ago. While I don't agree with the way the officers handled the situation, I wonder what may have been said before the video started.
I am guessing that there was attitude on both sides.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

A well spoken respectful man ...and it got him ? I guess the moral of the story is don't do anything... to piss a female cop off..

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I watched the liveleak video a couple of hours ago. While I don't agree with the way the officers handled the situation, I wonder what may have been said before the video started.
I am guessing that there was attitude on both sides.

I'm not convinced. I have a feeling he started recording because she was being awkward and wasn't recording from the moment she arrived. That is a guess of course.
Regardless, it still doesn't justify the actions of the police.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

A well spoken respectful man ...and it got him ? I guess the moral of the story is don't do anything... to piss a female cop off..

What's that old saying....

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned....

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I looked for more information on youtube, hoping to find one with comments that might give more details, but I found repeatedly that was getting this message, for the very same video above.

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.
Seemed like a strange coincidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy I am guessing .

i'll go with the actual available evidence. bad cops. go figure.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
WFTV

I found something on the local news site.

I used to live in Apopka.

There used to be a swat type/drug squad called the "Duke Boys".
You certainly didn't want to get caught after dark by them!

Anyway here's the link.

ETA:Cell phone video at bottom of link...
edit on 16-9-2015 by TNMockingbird because: see above

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: butcherguy I am guessing .

i'll go with the actual available evidence. bad cops. go figure.

As I said, it wouldn't justify the actions of the police.

I have watched bar fights that resulted in people going to the hospital for surgery, and I have also walked away from situations where I could have just as easily been in surgery later... or cuffed up and arrested. A lot of bad things happen because of that testosterone flowing through a man's veins.

I wonder if the lady cop didn't just politely ask them to find another place to wait for their ride and they got huffy and refused.
I am not saying they were in the wrong, I am saying that it is possible that their words and actions made things worse.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No idea what was actually happening but I have a guess.

She approached, they dismissed her, she felt pissed/scared and overreacted creating a situation where neither side wants to back down and at that point the cops can't (or won't) walk away and just leave it. She had no control in that situation, it was obvious.

In a situation like that, walk up and make up some lie "The business has been having trouble so I just want to check up, nothing personal at all just don't want any more calls from the manager". Two people sitting outside a business does warrant the police checking in, but this situation blew up needlessly.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

That woman has a inferiority complex or something. I liked how he stated " i dont trust you, have you seen the internet lately"? An sure enough those idiots made themselves the center of attention. Not only cell phone video, but the guys mother was also a witness.

Unreal, complete pieces of s#

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

To me it looks and sounds like they had just finished hitting up a meth bong... While genuinely waiting for their boss...

She was just doing he job... But at the same time she probably could have done it a bit differently perhaps

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

In a situation like that, walk up and make up some lie "The business has been having trouble so I just want to check up, nothing personal at all just don't want any more calls from the manager".
That would be e smart thing to do.

Two people sitting outside a business does warrant the police checking in, but this situation blew up needlessly.

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Unreal, complete pieces of s#

I dunno. That woman completely lost control, the other guys show up with no real knowledge of the situation (they don't get to watch the video en route) and figure the two guys are being non compliant. They show up as backup because the female was unable to handle the situation, the guys were being mouthy so they got aggressive. Cops can't just let people walk all over them, and good cops don't make it some ego competition like this female officer.

The situation could have gone a lot better, but I don't really think anyone was all that innocent. If everyone could just be polite in this situation and measure their dicks (or whatever) at home, things would go a lot better. There is a lot of BS you have to deal with as an adult, giving a cop your ID or moving when they ask you isn't the end of the world, and it's not some horrible breach of freedom either.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Hmm....

I remember getting stranded in Holland when they closed the rinky-dink town train station on me in 1991.

I had to sleep outside the train station on the steps because there was nowhere else to sleep as all the hotels where full.

To make a long story short. ....2 cops approached and eventually after letting them know what happened, they made sure I was ok the remainder of the night until the station opened.

Too bad cops in the USA couldn't act like that. I had (and still do) HUGE respect for those officers in Holland looking out for a foreign kid from the USA.

edit on 16-9-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

On my way home to see my step-dad (who had just had a heart attack) while backpacking on foot cross country....I found myself in a small town stranded at the AMTRAK station for nine hours in the freezing cold without a good jacket while I was waiting for the next train.

I had been sitting there for several hours...road worn rough and shaken because of the family news and rushing to get home. An officer rolled by around 10pm, noticed me sitting there in the dark and checked in on me. Once he knew the score, he opened the trunk of his cruiser and handed me one of the army blankets they kept in the back for emergencies. He told me he'd check by every hour to make sure I was safe until sunrise.

That...my friend....is America.
THAT is proper American Police protocol.

Conversely, several years prior to this I was working freelance social work with homeless and drug addicted runaways. I have been around many of them during police interactions, and did my best to defend their position when police encounters happened. You know what? Almost 90% of those kids escalated the matter by being indignant brats instead of just being polite.

Every.
Single.
Time.

Only thing new is that they have cameras and shill sites like "LiveLeak" to showcase their edited encounters instead of just bitching about the man over a few 40's down at the park over an illegal campfire and needle littered campsite.

Waiting for a ride in that location?
Pretty deserted and yeah....slightly suspicious.

What was their job again?

Come on, man.
Think about it.

And please don't play dumb about it - I've been around the block so many times my shoes are worn out over this type of thing.

edit on 9/16/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply button broken for this thread for some reason to me. The middle class is dead to be honest. I mean poor people are not allowed to live in tents already. Now you got middle class who are not allow to wait outside or even work outside. Just imagine the cops starts telling students they are not suppose to be outside doing homework.

You can even hear what the person said on the video he is doing some sort of work "Drafting".
edit on 16-9-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

To me it looks and sounds like they had just finished hitting up a meth bong...

I don't know, sounds more like they injected 3 whole marijuanas.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

In a situation like that, walk up and make up some lie "The business has been having trouble so I just want to check up, nothing personal at all just don't want any more calls from the manager". Two people sitting outside a business does warrant the police checking in, but this situation blew up needlessly.

Yep. I dealt with a situation similar to this a couple of weeks ago. I was standing outside of my public storage unit, at about 2:00AM, and was about to get in my car and drive away. A police officer was driving by and quickly threw on his brakes and pulled into the parking lot. I figured he wanted to talk to me, so I politely waved and just stood there. He started out with a comment almost word-for-word that you quoted. He was polite and respectful and so was I. He could see that I wasn't breaking into the unit because I had my keys and the lock obviously wasn't cut. He asked to see my ID, and I complied without hesitation. He ran a check on it with dispatch and of course it came back with no warrants. During our conversation he asked me all of the standard questions: "Where are you staying?" "Thinking about moving back here?" etc. He looked me over and made sure my picture matched the photo ID.

Finding no cause for alarm, he thanked me for my patience and left.

Now I did surprise him a couple of times. The first time was when I reached in my side pocket to get my wallet. Most people keep their wallets in their back pockets. He subtly moved back a little until he realized I wasn't going for a gun. The second time I surprised him was when I thanked him for his service!

Now I'm not saying that all encounters with LEO will unfold this way. But a little respect, and sometimes swallowing your pride for a few minutes might just keep a few of these incidents from escalating out of control.

-dex

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentEHeaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scored- William Congreve

<<   2  3 >>

join