It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Austin: Only '4 or 5' US-Trained Syrian Rebels Fighting ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

General Lloyd Austin, the commander of U.S. Central Command leading the war on ISIS, told Congress today that only "four or five" of the first 54 U.S.trained moderate Syrian fighters remain in the fight against ISIS.

Christine Wormuth, the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, also told the Senate Armed Services Committee that there are currently between 100 and 120 fighters in a program that was slated to have trained 5,400 fighters in its first 12 months.

ABC News

Very sad news if true. Millions of dollars being spent on training but the question is what the heck is going on and why do we keep dumping money into a failing program. Let's hope that after this news perhaps some accountability will take place. I wonder how many refugees could have been helped if people were doing their jobs instead of covering up?

edit on 16-9-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Fixed source link...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All going according to plan I see.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I guess someone got their feelings hurt with the back and forth between us. I guess we can assume their was a certain amount of truth to the removed thread along with much speculation.

This topic really caught me by surprise to have a general stating the fact that only 5 at most us trained fighters were on the ground and the price tag so far was 42 million.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

On the downside It looks to be the enemies plan..

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well I for one believe this info is worthy of at least a S&F and I do appreciate your time in posting. I personally think America and their allies are on the wrong side when it comes to Syria and are/have pushed an agenda that is destabilizing the entire world.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am impressed by the estimation. Thinking of all these numbers we hear these days one can wonder how exact they are.

4 or 5...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
That agenda seems to be appiezment by way of ear massages long enough to get away with their goals.

It is becoming clear that this admin learned long ago to say one thing and do another.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
I am impressed by the estimation. Thinking of all these numbers we hear these days one can wonder how exact they are.

4 or 5...

in the end we will learn that it was really 6 and the admin will come out and say that the general was completely wrong.

brings a whole new meaning to the term a few good men
edit on 16-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Another example of our Deceiver in Chief.
Say one thing and do nothing.
His lack of readying the Iraqi security forces in the first years of his sitting is another example.

Extreme negligence or well thought out and executed treachery, take your pick.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It cost $500 million to train those Syrian fighters, too.

This is just further proof the Pentagon's "war" against ISIS is a charade.

PS: other US-trained Syrian troops have had their information (names, addresses) leaked to ISIS by our "ally" Turkey, and have been killed.

So what do you get when the United States, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Turkey all have designs on toppling Syria's Assad? You get ISIS.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
does that mean that putin is anti nwo?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yall. The general is just trying to say that the men they trained are way better than the six million dollar man.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Well I for one believe this info is worthy of at least a S&F and I do appreciate your time in posting. I personally think America and their allies are on the wrong side when it comes to Syria and are/have pushed an agenda that is destabilizing the entire world.

I dissagree with that assessment, I'm certain they know exactly what they are doing and why the are doing it. I would suggest that they want to turn Syria into a puppet state so they can put an oil line from across the water, thru syria and into europe and squeese europe into buuy off them.

This is also ensure they continue to use the US dollar as a reserve currency too.

In the mean time Israyhell has another country nearfy which as been bombed back into the stone age for them to slowly take control off.

Have a look at a map and see how many countires near israyehell have been bambed back to the stone age.

ISIS is serving a useful purpose isn't it?

ISIS is just a tool

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The fight against ISIS is a facade, i reckon Americas real plan is for ISIS to defeat Assad, then America comes in takes out ISIS and acts like the hero.

just my 2 cents.
edit on 17 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I remember tunIng into to BBC world service what must be almost two months ago now and listening to a lady involved in some sort of monitoring in an official role, not a Syrian government representative.

She was adamant that what was considered the moderate opposition had become practically non existent even some four or five months before the interview. She said the opositionhad been very small even then.

So it doe beg the question where has all the money been going.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
It cost $500 million to train those Syrian fighters, too.

This is just further proof the Pentagon's "war" against ISIS is a charade.

PS: other US-trained Syrian troops have had their information (names, addresses) leaked to ISIS by our "ally" Turkey, and have been killed.

So what do you get when the United States, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Turkey all have designs on toppling Syria's Assad? You get ISIS.

Nothing I can add, all true

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I am not sure that they can control the isis they have created. It seems that most here agree that isis is a creation but to me I think this monster may break bad soon on the controllers. The fake beheading videos tell of a group that thinks and that is the last thing tptb want.

new topics

top topics

join