It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope warns religious orders: Take in refugees, or pay property taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Just not really in his back yard, kind of funny how that works.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

As a Catholic , I Feel that when it Comes to Christian Virtues , this Pope is a Heretic by his Very Thoughts and Actions . He should be Excommunicated from the Catholic Church . An Abomination in the Eyes Of Our Lord and Savior !

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hey Mr Pope,

How bout you keep your priests on a leash or pay pedo taxes ?

seems fair, tosser!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
im unaccustomed to such remarkably Christian acts. Overturning the tables of the money changers at the temple...that is exactly WJWD.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
First, the Vatican should pay taxes on the child sex slavery ring they're currently in control of. Secondly, pay taxes on defending those pedophiles. As a matter of fact, who even cares what these satanists have to say? Who would allow such filth to travel their sovereign nation? Well, unless they're apart of those circles...
edit on 16-9-2015 by qwerty12345 because: typos like wtc 7 being reported it falling when it was still standing by european news

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I normally don't listen to what the pope says.

That separation of church and state, and all.

But as the Pope is parroting world leaders ?

I smell collusion.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The state is your God, it does at is wishes with you, it houses you, feeds you, medicate you, you are owned by the state, just like a zoo owns the animal.

Your 2nd amendment is built on ideals, made by a primate.

And i really need to work on diplomacy

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Marxism infiltrated the Church some time ago. I saw this guy's nonsense for what it is as well. He is so in with the UN World Council of Churches.

edit on 17-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I smell collusion.

Haha........Are you surprised?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Marxism infiltrated the Church some time ago.

Ya Jesus...

God forbid a man of religion talk about opening arms to people in need.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fireflysky

Just not really in his back yard, kind of funny how that works.

Two Vatican churches are not "his backyard"?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus according to you everyone's a Marxist.

Francis declared that “land, housing and work are increasingly unavailable to the majority’ of the world’s population,” but said “If I talk about this, some will think that the Pope is communist.”
“They don’t understand that love for the poor is at the centre of the Gospel,” he said. “Demanding this isn’t unusual, it’s the social doctrine of the church.”.

edit on 17-9-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Isn't the pope chosen by your God? Surely God doesn't make simple mistakes. I sense a lack of faith with many Christians on this site

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
He talks the talk but doesnt walk the walk, he lives in one of the richest countries in the world! Why doesnt he melt all the gold in the Vatican and buys a country to the refugees?! I only hear him talking and talking, he is quite different from his predecessors, but in the end he is just like all of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
He talks the talk but doesnt walk the walk, he lives in one of the richest countries in the world! Why doesnt he melt all the gold in the Vatican and buys a country to the refugees?!

Does any head of state has the power to sell their country's historical artefacts?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Wealthiest country in the world and he will take only two families?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

As I said before, it may be the wealthiest country in the world (I don't know if it is or not) but it has less than 600 citizens, two families of 3 each is 1% of their population.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I can only assume that the two families will be investigated to make sure they as not terrorists, even though they have the best security in the world.
Again, I am not against helping people in need, I have seen proof first hand that it can and does help make the world a better place. I just find that the popes tactics seem to not come from inspiring others to do good deeds, but shaming others to good deeds. This in my opinion is missing the mark.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fireflysky
I can only assume that the two families will be investigated to make sure they as not terrorists, even though they have the best security in the world.

That's one of the reasons they are talking about families, from a security point of view is less likely to bring problems.

Again, I am not against helping people in need, I have seen proof first hand that it can and does help make the world a better place. I just find that the popes tactics seem to not come from inspiring others to do good deeds, but shaming others to good deeds. This in my opinion is missing the mark.

From what I could see the ones he was shaming were part of the church itself, so he has the right to shame them.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Of course they do! They can sell whatever they want one way or another. Thing is, this pope is pretty much a demagoge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join