It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
The problem is, he didn't really build anything. He removed the innards of an electronic device and put them in a new container. Soldering? Really? How many parents help their kids with a science project and put things together for them? Sure the kid 'participates' in the assembly but I would be extremely surprised if any science project is done without considerable help from a parent. I would have been far more impressed if he had taken an old fashioned clock completely apart and put it back together and it still worked.

My parents never gave me any assistance on science projects other than buying materials. Their opinion was that if they did it for me I wouldn't learn. I honestly had never even considered that parents would do a project for their kid, it's in the same category as doing their homework.

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I noticed something about this kids "home made" clock, it is not "home made" at all, it is very much a cheap walmart large LED alarm clock he dissembled and then mounted, poorly I might add in to a case. fubar.ga...

You will notice the 9 volt backup batter connector (anyone who owns an alarm clock knows this is so you don't have to reset the darned thing is power goes out), the surface soldered ribbon to the LED display, the transformers inclusive wiring from the AC power cord to convert this to 12 volt DC system. The is kid is as about as much a "genius" as I am jesus.

You have to start learning somewhere, right?

originally posted by: Citizen47
The boy did make a clock, that's the truth! The problem is that when the "Clock" is connected to an amount of C4 or another type of explosive it becomes a real bomb. The devise in question does in fact look like a bomb and the "Boy Genius" knows this and it would most likely work if explosives were added. The boy should be taken away from his parents or... The whole fam-damally should be deported back to Sudan!

You watch too much TV. Do you know what an explosives detonator looks like these days?

Clocks, especially clocks that audibly tick down aren't how bombs are built anymore. Then there's the issue that this clock wasn't connected to anything so there's no possible explosives chance.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
These bricks for brains know why they didn't,but like the cowards they are,they won't admit their bigotry..

edit on 18-9-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's cyclical. Black people, brown people of various origin... round and round we go!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: Sremmos80

A clock is a clock... that thing did not look like a clock (the one that the average person recognizes). And it probably didn't help that it was inside a case either. Regardless, I believe the teacher played it safe and did the right thing. Always report everything AND anything.

I agree, how anyone can not see that in the age of see something say something that a teacher would hear something strange that the kid then brings out a box and inside it looks like this and not be worried is beyond me:

Apparently, when questioned by the teacher and the police all he would say is "it's a clock". They also said he acted uncooperative, actually "passive aggressive" was the term used. Kids have been kicked out of school for just talking about guns and violence. They have been taken from families and ordered into mandatory counseling, and this kid brings in a homemade box that ticks and gets a trip to the white house. Seems like a good opportunity to take advantage of a crisis.

This sort of seems like a set up. It makes me think of the Muslim terrorist who says he found the gun in the children's playground and wasn't planning on harming anyone when the brave men took him down! "Honest, I was just walking through the park and I saw an assault rifle under a bush, so I thought I would pick it up and get on the train to take it to the police, honest officer".

I can hear Obama now, "If I had a son, he'd build hoax bombs"

French train gunman LAUGHS as he denies terrorism and says he found his guns in a children's playground...while his father says he is 'a good boy' who'd never kill anyone

edit on 18-9-2015 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: disregard
WoW! How original...You're a follower,and nothing more...You quoted somebody's post?/words.Tell me,how does it feel to be a parrot?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

While I agree that kids should do their own projects, my experience has been otherwise. My partner has 4 kids. They all had projects over the years. Going to the science fair was very interesting. It was always very obvious which kids had help and which didn't. Most had major help from parents and it always chapped my ass that those kids won the prizes.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: disregard

Yes its proof of that misconception.

I believe one say say that Middle Eastern
Muslim immigrants bring with them
cultural values of misogyny and
hate for people not like themselves,
without being a a bigot toward all
Muslims. Because it is the truth.

This is not the truth, it is a an OPINION.
Everything that is stated as truth in that is not true but merely that posters OPINION.
You know there is a difference right?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

You're missing the sense of scale in that image, what the kid brought was in a pencil case, not a suitcase. A pencil case holds 5 or 6 #2 pencils. Just where exactly was he going to put the explosives?

edit on 18-9-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

(post by disregard removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

And the the actually suit case bomb would be two, three times larger then the PENCIL CASE.

Save your comparison of a man walking around with rifle, not even close to the same thing.

They also said he acted uncooperative, actually "passive aggressive" was the term used.

Second time I heard this, who said that?

Kids have been kicked out of school for just talking about guns and violence. They have been taken from families and ordered into mandatory counseling, and this kid brings in a homemade box that ticks and gets a trip to the white house. Seems like a good opportunity to take advantage of a crisis.

And we talk about how ridiculous that is, if you are for this kid getting arrested and treated the way he did in the name of better safe then sorry then you are ok with what you just said.
Or explain to me how it is different.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

edit on thFri, 18 Sep 2015 19:36:10 -0500America/Chicago920151080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What the hell did you listen to?

The only time he even said suspicious was that he said he took steps to make it NOT look so.

Not really admitting guilt.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I guess you are not looking much online for the stories.

Police say Mohamed did not handle the interrogation well.

The 14-year-old boy’s attitude was “passive aggressive,” according to officers on the scene. The cops also said Mohamed failed to provide a “reasonable answer” for why he had shown up at a school with a homemade electrical clock in a pencil case.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

I have a problem with the President sending an invite to the white house before any facts are found out. They take every opportunity to side with thugs and muslims. I am tired of double standards. The fact is had this been any other kid doing something suspicious, disrupting the school day and causing mayhem, they would have already been suspended and the family facing child protective services and counseling for their misguided child.

You can put a nice size chunk of C4 or Semtex in a case that size and do much damage. It might only kill 3 or 4 nearby children, but if it's your child, you won't care it was in a small case!

Here is what a golf
ball size 25 grams of semtex will do:

Here's 400 grams of C4

Here's what even half that amount does, so don't tell me it's a small box!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Here is a quote of the relevant statement:

“I closed it with a cable, so… because, I didn’t want to lock it to make it seem like a threat so I just used simple cable…. so it won’t look that much suspicious”.

Seems to me he knew it could possibly look suspicious. He may not have intended it to be a hoax bomb, but he was certainly aware of what it looked like according to that statement.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

A clock is a clock... that thing did not look like a clock (the one that the average person recognizes). And it probably didn't help that it was inside a case either. Regardless, I believe the teacher played it safe and did the right thing. Always report everything AND anything.

I agree, how anyone can not see that in the age of see something say something that a teacher would hear something strange that the kid then brings out a box and inside it looks like this and not be worried is beyond me:

Apparently, when questioned by the teacher and the police all he would say is "it's a clock". They also said he acted uncooperative, actually "passive aggressive" was the term used. Kids have been kicked out of school for just talking about guns and violence. They have been taken from families and ordered into mandatory counseling, and this kid brings in a homemade box that ticks and gets a trip to the white house. Seems like a good opportunity to take advantage of a crisis.

This sort of seems like a set up. It makes me think of the Muslim terrorist who says he found the gun in the children's playground and wasn't planning on harming anyone when the brave men took him down! "Honest, I was just walking through the park and I saw an assault rifle under a bush, so I thought I would pick it up and get on the train to take it to the police, honest officer".

I can hear Obama now, "If I had a son, he'd build hoax bombs"

French train gunman LAUGHS as he denies terrorism and says he found his guns in a children's playground...while his father says he is 'a good boy' who'd never kill anyone

Oh, yeah....looks just like a clock...right. I guess if us silly Americans were used to seeing 14-year olds with bombs on a weekly basis strapped to themselves or in their backpacks, we would know what this gizmo is.

I hope this does not dissuade teachers from reporting unusual-looking gizmos in backpacks of 14-year old muslim kids because they are afraid of being accused of being Islamaphobes.

Of course, they are still expected to report 5-yr. olds that use pop tarts as a "gun". That's okay and so cool and progressive.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Ya, he knew it might be so he tried to make it look less. Doesn't show he meant to bring something that was going to look like a bomb.
Shows the opposite.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

It seems the kid knew it could look suspicious so he said he took steps to make it seem less so. People want to defend this kid for his actions. His father has been looking for a fight to be able to scream "Islamaphobes" and already has a lawyer lined up for this! Personally, I hope they get booted from the country. Of course that won't happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I am tired of double standards. The fact is had this been any other kid doing something suspicious, disrupting the school day and causing mayhem, they would have already been suspended and the family facing child protective services and counseling for their misguided child.

Then don't be ok with this if you are ok with other kids getting punished by these zero tolerance polices.

By your logic all the backpacks need to be searched and considered bombs because you can fit C4 in there.

You can put a nice size chunk of C4 or Semtex in a case that size and do much damage. It might only kill 3 or 4 nearby children, but if it's your child, you won't care it was in a small case!

Lets leave the appeal to emotions out of this, not productive.

Everything with wires IS NOT A BOMB.
Lets get out of that thought process.

Personally, I hope they get booted from the country. Of course that won't happen.

Classy.

Do you want zero tolerance or not?
You are preaching you are for it here but against it in other cases.
Is it because this kids dad?
edit on thFri, 18 Sep 2015 19:49:04 -0500America/Chicago920150480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join