It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: disregard

Because you can deal with civil matters in a religious way if you want to, do you have problems with Christians or Jews doing it? Because that happens plenty as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
So sad.

The genius gets hauled out of school in cuffs while I'm quite sure some Neanderthal football bully gets a free hall pass and a cheerleader.

so the kid is a genius cause he made a clock?
ok
this is probably the best thing that has ever happened to this 'genius'
he has been on the news. MIT had some astrophysicist on with him and they told him how super duper awesome he is and how they would love to have him as a student.
kid probably has a scholarship in his pocket now.

im still trying to figure out why this kid is a genius though

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I was expecting something different when I saw the picture. Regular double E, he is.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Generation9

originally posted by: Generation9
Doesn't anybody see how goofy this is? The kid didn't ''build a clock''. He just took the functioning guts out of an ordinary bedroom alarm clock and put them into another case. Some people are saying it is a small brief case or a pencil case. The kid is delusional to imagine that he built a clock. Is this special ed or something? No wonder police were questioning his actions and motives. He did not build a clock. Can anybody understand this?!!

(Facepalm)

Really?

What sort of clock has the digital readout facing inward, inside the case? The kid put a functioning clock inside another case which disguises the clock. If it was sitting under a desk you might think somebody left their pencil case behind. You wouldn't think, "oh, there is a clock."

The news photo shows that it is obviously an alarm clock put into some other case which conceals the clock mechanism as well as the display that makes clocks so useful in the first place. There is no battery attached to the battery backup 9V connector, or the police removed it. How does the clock alarm go off in class unless the boy plugged it into the wall. 9V battery back-up will not sound the alarm when the main AC power is absent. He plugged it into the wall in the back of the class or on the side of the class. Why would he do that? Perhaps the kid really is just a little bit goofy, but you can understand why the police are cautious about this. There is no explosive in the case so they don't evacuate the school. They are handling this kid with kid gloves because they really do question his actions and motives. They can see it is not a bomb, but they can also see that something a bit screwy is going on.

As for Obama's reaction... well.... that alone makes me think the whole incident was set up.

Ah, yes, of course. Obama's to blame! Naturally! I think that your tinfoil hat is on a leetle tight tonight.

At this point Obama is responsible for very much bs that many refuse to give him credit for. The u.s. is much worse off since he has had control.

(Facepalm#2)

I never really talked negatively bout him and his healthcare act and such that most did and I choose to give him the benefit of doubt but now we see his policies directly responsible for such that is happening in Syria with there refugees and his 5 man us trained fighting force i can honestly say now that he has blood on his hands and he is one of the most racist leaders we have ever had. He only cares about kids with dark skin and has proven this over and over again. It is not right in the least.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ok I have changed my position on this kid intentions, the cops and teachers had every right to question this kid and his family....

When I first saw this pic, I was like no big deal it's a programmable module.....

But now this, the actual pic of his "clock"..... this exactly looks like a miniaturized suitcase bomb, even used for paint ball bombs...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: disregard

originally posted by: Leonidas

Do you get fresh air in your bunker? You are kidding, right? Please?

if that kid was smart enough to make a clock then he is smart enough to know the terror level in the usa. That kid could have colsed an airport with that thing.
It was a dry run and he should be charged.

I see his female relatives dress modestly.....
Emily pankhurst will be turning in her grave.

So that is a "no" to the fresh air then... Got it.

Do you have a source of fresh water, or are you drinking your urine? I don't know if I should feel sorry for someone so afraid or to BE afraid that there are people like you out there that have such a skewed vision of reality.

This sort of racist response to a keen young kid is depressing.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: disregard

Do you get fresh air in your bunker? You are kidding, right? Please?

if that kid was smart enough to make a clock then he is smart enough to know the terror level in the usa. That kid could have colsed an airport with that thing.
It was a dry run and he should be charged.

I see his female relatives dress modestly.....
Emily pankhurst will be turning in her grave.

So that is a "no" to the fresh air then... Got it.

Do you have a source of fresh water, or are you drinking your urine? I don't know if I should feel sorry for someone so afraid or to BE afraid that there are people like you out there that have such a skewed vision of reality.

This sort of racist response to a keen young kid is depressing.

Thankyou for your concern. It really is appreciated.
Drinking my own piss hahaha

Racist? Do not make me laugh
Why are you attacking me? The muslim kid carried a lookalike berm to school. A berm?

edit on 17-9-2015 by disregard because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2015 by disregard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Never seen a bomb that uses a standard power plug.....that's a new one. There are obviously no explosives in it and there is a power plug.....I also don't think that a kid would be walking around with this showing it to teachers and everyone else if it was intended as a bomb. The entire point of a bombing is to go undetected and BOOM. This kid was proud of a clock he built in a short period of time...I would be proud of my kid if one of them did it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If that frightens you, may I suggest you avoid going into a Radio Shack at all costs.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Never seen a bomb that uses a standard power plug.....that's a new one. There are obviously no explosives in it and there is a power plug.....I also don't think that a kid would be walking around with this showing it to teachers and everyone else if it was intended as a bomb. The entire point of a bombing is to go undetected and BOOM. This kid was proud of a clock he built in a short period of time...I would be proud of my kid if one of them did it.

Standard plug no matter... after all a kid built it! The explosive doesn't have to be in the case to be triggered.... sure he could walk around telling them it's a clock... makes a nice trojan horse.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If that frightens you, may I suggest you avoid going into a Radio Shack at all costs.

No need to worry most Radio Shacks are out of business....
and by the way it's obvious the kid didn't use Radio Shack!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Pretty stupid...especially arresting him.

So any exposed electronics, wires and circuit boards look like bombs eh? Wow.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Here it is....

BOOM right?

he brought it in this box this is the clock.

That is not a thing like the one shown on the news. The one the kid had on the news story was much much more complex with many more wires and doohickies!

Personally before jumping to conclusions I would need to know, was he having any trouble with this teacher could the teacher have felt there was a reason the boy may have been angry?

What EXACTLY was said that the teacher came to the conclusion he meant to scare them and hoax a bomb?

People started calling the boy a genius? Where did this come from? In the news story he showed a book he copied the instructions from.

As someone else said what if the Teacher were correct in their assumption? Now the kid is well rewarded, I would like to have more facts before concluding anything.
edit on 17-9-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

9V battery back-up will not sound the alarm when the main AC power is absent. He plugged it into the wall in the back of the class or on the side of the class.

I had to think about that for a minute. But to the best of my recollection, when the AC mains is disconnected, the clock still functions normally. When the display is LED, the illumination is greatly diminished because LEDs are relatively high current components. The beep could have been an alarm, chime, or low battery warning.

I believe if he had it plugged into the wall, it would have been noticed much sooner.

-dex

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The teach hear a sound from it during class it was not shown to that teacher only his Engineering teacher who did advise him not to show it to anyone because it looked like a bomb. Not long ago after Colomine for isnstace people weee shouting better safe than sorry, I feel bad for the teacher, the Police could have figured it out without cuffs I am sure but she did the correct thing.

www.dallasnews.com... chool.ece

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

That is not a thing like the one shown on the news. The one the kid had on the news story was much much more complex with many more wires and doohickies!

That's interesting. Do you have a link to that news story?

FWIW, I'm beginning to think there's more to this than meets the eye.

-dex

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Honestly if students who draw pictures of guns can get in trouble, what do people think would happen if a student brings in a clock that could be mistaken for a bomb? It's not right nor is the whole you can't even draw a picture of a gun in school. Over reaction, in all these cases teachers seem to over react and since we have pushed this zero tolerance over sensitive reaction to anything is anyone surprised? We are seeing the results of what many people pushed for in 90's and early 2000's. If drawing a gun can set off a storm does anyone believe this would get less of a reaction? Be honest with yourself. From what I have read from a follow up article it started beeping in class and that's what drew attention. Not saying it's right, but the same people who pushed for this environment and over reaction in the school systems seem to be complaining the most.

It was a clock, we get that, over reaction, we get that. But people pushed for this zero tolerance over reactive environment so don't complain about it now. I can understand an over reaction here much more than a drawing. Especially by the teachers. I would have expected the cops to understand it wasn't a bomb and not arrest, either there's some policy we are not aware of or something happened we haven't seen reported.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I hope this school doesn't hold science fairs, or if they do they'll alert the local national guard of the incoming bomb threat reports. Or maybe kids will have to label their volcanoes and potato clocks with florescent name tags stating such.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The only sad part here is the 'outage' of what happened to the kid.

Taking something to school he most likely KNEW he could get in to trouble for.

Dunno what the 'complaints' are about.

He get's to meet the president now.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you've never made a clock for a school project? From what I hear it's pretty common.

I love that you assume he knew he would get in trouble because only true rebels sport NASA t shirts to high school.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join