It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are a myth, so that the Government keeps you from knowing about this.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: imjack

Maybe they don't? Maybe a flying saucer is just an avatar? A 'window" to their desktop, if you will.

Gosh many old feels on this thread. Much of my new understanding of Quantum Interference has me interested in this again.

Essentially "observation" is one of the most critical roles in understanding Quantum Tech, as it removes interface patterns from OBSERVING it alone. Most cites attribute this to measurement, but I beg the question can something be measured without observation?

Basically: If a flying saucer is ignoring gravity in the forest, and no one is around to see it, is it ignoring gravity at all
?

edit on 3-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Theoretical Quantum TP snip

The main confusing concept of Quantum Teleportation is observation and if information can be classified as a physical transfer. The answer is no, it is not, but the interesting concept is that the information still can create physical matter objectively the same as the first object "from nothing" other than atomic instructions. The gold that was moved was destroyed and the information transfer recreated it on the other side. When they did this is was actually through fiber optics -_- almost making the entire thing unimpressive, but the same group has experiments that can move the same information "through the air".

It won't be very convenient for day-to-day teleportation, as the process would literally murder you, with generally only faith that you will actually come out of the other side, unaware you were never the same person that entered it.

The more realistic applications in my mind will be deep space exploration and travel, where the idea of dying won't be as heavily weighed to the brave people willing to use it.

Just like the general 'conspiracy' of Quantum Mechanics, interference observation again plays a critical role in this effect however xD. If the operator of a 'teleportation machine' is unaware of the inevitable self demise of obliterating himself, what's interesting is the "clone" that comes out of the other end will be equally unobservant, and will have felt like it was physically teleported, even though that's not the case.

Assuming a way is found to "copy" information rather than "send" it, the machine would be able to simulate the same effect without destroying the original copy, simultaneously creating a copy that believed it has been teleported, while the person that stepped into the machine would then just step back out.

The only real distinctions that qualify these concepts as teleportation, rather than super advanced cloning, is that the information itself is "faster than light" travel. Short of bending space, physical matter moved at high speeds would be destroyed regardless, so 'faster than light' travel is as useless as being able to travel the speed of light. But in a sense, the original consciousness is preservered.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

You forgot one, and it is the underlying reason/cause for all the others.

5 - Because it is in their nature to do so. If a gov't were comparable to a human, I'd say it is in their genes. They simply can't help themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
***** ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS *****

Please stay on topic. The thread is not about who is who or what has been discussed in other threads. Further off topic posts will be removed and posting bans put into place if you continue with discussions that do not pertain to this thread subject.

Thanks.

****** Do Not Reply To This Post *****

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

But mostly I wonder at what you think might be the motive, the reason for all this hidey hidey you suggest they are pulling off. Why hide all this stuff from the public at all?

'Free' energy maybe ?

Remember back in 2014 :

Lockheed says makes breakthrough on Fusion Energy project

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ask yourself a question. Suppose you helped an old lady cross a street. There's no traffic except maybe a couple of speeding cars, and one or two pedestrians. You carry the old lady's shopping and arm-in-arm, you lead her to the otherside of the street safely. Job done. Do you then go to a government agency and tell them what you have just done, and ask them to validate it?

Of course, you don't. Who gives a damn what the government think? No government is the arbitrator to experiences. No government can determine the veracity of whatever you experience, so stop asking for it, and determine your own experience for yourself.

Back in the seventies I had a 'UFO' experience. It was just a visual sighting of one large and two smaller globes doing manoeuvres thought to have been impossible fro any craft we could build at the time, so obviously, one of the many thoughts I had of what they could be entertained the possibility that they were extraterrestrial, but I couldn't prove it, no could the other witnesses who were with me.

The point being is that I had the experience, and I don't need a government telling me what it was when no one from the government witnessed it. I am not waiting for government disclosure, precisley because of the OP's suggestion, that they can take an experience you have and run with it to use it exploitatively against you to further an agenda of their own.

I absolutely have no idea if there is life on other planets, and nor do I have any idea if they have or are visiting earth, but I and others had a visual sighting we cannot explain as traditional craft that we would build at the time

By wanting and expecting some kind of disclosure from a government source, we are empowering government too much, and that helps them to make playthings of us. We should never empower any government beyond that which we would willingly consent to.
edit on 6/4/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ask yourself a question. Suppose you helped an old lady cross a street. There's no traffic except maybe a couple of speeding cars, and one or two pedestrians. You carry the old lady's shopping and arm-in-arm, you lead her to the otherside of the street safely. Job done. Do you then go to a government agency and tell them what you have just done, and ask them to validate it?

Of course, you don't. Who gives a damn what the government think? No government is the arbitrator to experiences. No government can determine the veracity of whatever you experience, so stop asking for it, and determine your own experience for yourself.

Back in the seventies I had a 'UFO' experience. It was just a visual sighting of one large and two smaller globes doing manoeuvres thought to have been impossible for any craft we could build at the time, so obviously, one of the many thoughts I had of what they could be entertained the possibility that they were extraterrestrial, but I couldn't prove it, nor could the other witnesses who were with me.

The point being is that I had the experience, and I don't need a government telling me what it was when no one from the government witnessed it. I am not waiting for government disclosure, precisley because of the OP's suggestion, that they can take an experience you have and run with it to use it exploitatively against you to further an agenda of their own.

I absolutely have no idea if there is life on other planets, and nor do I have any idea if they have or are visiting earth, but I and others had a visual sighting we cannot explain as traditional craft that we would build at the time

By wanting and expecting some kind of disclosure from a government source, we are empowering government too much, and that helps them to make playthings of us. We should never empower any government beyond that which we would willingly consent to.
edit on 6/4/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
my 2 thoughts:

- as i understand it, what happens is amounting to angular momentum creating the "antigravity"

- in space, its incredibly easy to get superconductors cooled to the point that is needed to find their unique properties.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

First question I have is: Is the quantum levitation effect a relative temperature effect? By that I mean does it only work if the superconductor is cooled relative to its surroundings? If that is the case, it would not work in space. If not then cool.

Second question: Is the angular momentum relative to the gravity field it is in, or is it independent of any gravity field? If the former, again space would be a no no. If not, again, cool.

I am asking because I don't know, and I feel in this case that Google would NOT be my friend, as I don't have the knowledge of quantum physics required.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

interesting post big furry.

along with what you said I'd add poynting vectors and gauge physics to the mix.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

First question I have is: Is the quantum levitation effect a relative temperature effect? By that I mean does it only work if the superconductor is cooled relative to its surroundings? If that is the case, it would not work in space. If not then cool.

Second question: Is the angular momentum relative to the gravity field it is in, or is it independent of any gravity field? If the former, again space would be a no no. If not, again, cool.

I am asking because I don't know, and I feel in this case that Google would NOT be my friend, as I don't have the knowledge of quantum physics required.

LOL, im an accountant, not a physicist.

But you might try googling the term "Lattice Ions", or maybe go through the following thread of mine from a few years back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
my 2 thoughts:

- as i understand it, what happens is amounting to angular momentum creating the "antigravity"

- in space, its incredibly easy to get superconductors cooled to the point that is needed to find their unique properties.

Yall might want to check this:

www.hpcc-space.de...
and
www.hpcc-space.de...

There is a great deal of science there that explains how the 'artificial gravity field stuff' works. The idea of using superconductors, and angular momentum to generate a gravity like field that is reasonable controllable, is well covered.

I like that though...this went from being "fantasy science" to "quantum levitation" in only 3 - 4 years...funny!
It of course is something like 20 year old science..., and is probably a technology by now...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join