It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are a myth, so that the Government keeps you from knowing about this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Magnetic Levitating Bed, would not be comfortable if it was freezing.
Right, because it is the object which is being "levitated" which must be superconducting.

That said, it's only a limit of how cold you can go.
Not really. Superconductivity is superconductivity. Once you're there, you're there. You can't really have more "no electrical resistance."

The "limit" you seem to be talking about is the strength of the magnetic field in which the superconductor is suspended. The Earth's is not very strong. Else those toys would not need the magnetic tracks.

edit on 9/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You're missing the point. There is literally a bed, that does not use a super conductor, that literally floats with magnets using Magnetic Levitation. It's not hypothetical, they are two real different things. One WITH super conductors, and one without.

hight3ch.com...

In the case of the UFO, the UFO is the Superconductor, to the Earths magnetic field.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You're missing the point.
No. I'm not.
The "bed" consists of magnets which create a magnetic field in which the superconductor is suspended. Magnets which are many times stronger than Earth's magnetic field.

In the case of the UFO, the UFO is the Superconductor, to the Earths magnetic field.
The Earth's magnetic field which is very weak. Magnitudes weaker than a refrigerator magnet. If that were not the case, the "bed" of magnets would not be required, the superconductor would just start floating.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

No, they wouldn't be Toys, if their Mass wasn't already hard enough to superchill. Forget the track, you need different coolant.

A UFO that could 'with alien technology' reach absolute 0, would 'lock' with any magnetic field of any size with the right temp.

You're blowing my mind still saying that bed, I JUST LINKED YOU TO has a superconductor. It's two COMPLETELY PLAIN magnets, tethered to simply 'oppose' each other. No-Super-Conductor

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

AGAIN please read my first post. The earths field is not strong enough to activate a superconductor.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

A UFO that could 'with alien technology' reach absolute 0, would 'lock' with any magnetic field of any size with the right temp.
But if that field is not stronger than the force of gravity, guess what?

You're blowing my mind still saying that bed, I JUST LINKED YOU TO has a superconductor. It's two COMPLETELY PLAIN magnets, tethered to simply 'oppose' each other. No-Super-Conductor

You're the one who started talking about a "bed". But would you like to rephrase that last bit?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Yeah because it's a freaking demonstration.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Mods please stop deleting my threads I only care about the truth and the future of our species, Stop sending me Pictures of JFK.

edit on 16-9-2015 by Gestas because: ffs

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The bed is Magnetic Levitation.

"The same thing as"

Well, you said it many times.

That would be what Jade called it also.

Respectively you don't think absolute 0 achieves this is what you're saying? If the Earth was a track? And a plain magnet, with a cheap tether, can already 'float'?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

"The same thing as"
Yes. Magnetic levitation. Suspension due to a balance of magnetic fields with gravity.

Respectively you don't think absolute 0 achieves this is what you're saying?
Absolute zero is not required to obtain superconductivity.

If the Earth was a track? And a plain magnet, with a cheap tether, can already 'float'?
No. And neither can a superconductor because the Earth's magnetic field is not strong enough.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

And the Sun's magnetic field that is 2x as strong and 12,000 times as large, and extends to Pluto?

Or did you think it's not possible?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

bal·ance
ˈbaləns/
noun
noun: balance; plural noun: balances

an even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady.
"slipping in the mud but keeping their balance"
synonyms: stability, equilibrium, steadiness, footing
"I tripped and lost my balance"
antonyms: instability
stability of one's mind or feelings.
"the way to some kind of peace and personal balance"
Sailing
the ability of a boat to stay on course without adjustment of the rudder.
a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.
"overseas investments can add balance to an investment portfolio"
synonyms: fairness, justice, impartiality, evenhandedness, egalitarianism, equal opportunity; More
parity, equity, equilibrium, equipoise, evenness, symmetry, correspondence, uniformity, equality, equivalence, comparability
"political balance in broadcasting"
antonyms: imbalance
Art
harmony of design and proportion.
the relative volume of various sources of sound.
"the balance of the voices is good"
an apparatus for weighing, especially one with a central pivot, beam, and a pair of scales.
synonyms: scale(s), weighing machine
"the food was weighed on a balance"
the zodiacal sign or constellation Libra.
singular proper noun: Balance; noun: the Balance
a counteracting weight or force.
synonyms: counterbalance, counterweight, stabilizer, compensation
"this stylistic development provides a balance to the rest of the work"
the regulating device in a mechanical clock or watch.
noun: balance wheel; plural noun: balance wheels
a predominating weight or amount; the majority.
"the balance of opinion was that work was more important than leisure"
a figure representing the difference between credits and debits in an account; the amount of money held in an account.
"he accumulated a healthy balance with the savings bank"
the difference between an amount due and an amount paid.
"unpaid credit-card balances"
synonyms: remainder, outstanding amount, rest, residue, difference, remaining part
"the balance of the rent"
an amount left over.

verb
verb: balance; 3rd person present: balances; past tense: balanced; past participle: balanced; gerund or present participle: balancing

keep or put (something) in a steady position so that it does not fall.
"a mug that she balanced on her knee"
synonyms: steady, stabilize, poise, level
"she balanced the book on her head"
remain in a steady position without falling.
"Richard balanced on the ball of one foot"
offset or compare the value of (one thing) with another.
"the cost of obtaining such information needs to be balanced against its benefits"
synonyms: weigh, weigh up, compare, evaluate, consider, assess, appraise, judge
"you need to balance cost against benefit"
not
nät/
adverb
adverb: not

used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative.
"he would not say"
used in some constructions with other verbs.
"he has been warned not to touch"
used as a short substitute for a negative clause.
"maybe I'll regret it, but I hope not"
used to express the negative of other words.
"not a single attempt was made"
used with a quantifier to exclude a person or part of a group.
"not all the poems are serious"
less than (used to indicate a surprisingly small quantity).
"the brakes went on not ten feet from him"
used in understatements to suggest that the opposite of a following word or phrase is true.
"the not too distant future"
informalhumorous
following and emphatically negating a statement.
"that sounds like quality entertainment—not"

nounElectronics
noun: not; noun: NOT

a Boolean operator with only one variable that has the value one when the variable is zero and vice versa.
a circuit that produces an output signal only when there is not a signal on its input.
plural noun: nots; noun: not gate; plural noun: not gates

adjectiveArt
adjective: Not; adjective: not

(of paper) not hot-pressed, and having a slightly textured surface.

re·quired
rəˈkwī(ə)rd/
adjective
adjective: required

officially compulsory, or otherwise considered essential; indispensable.
"eight editions were published, each required reading for trainees"
in keeping with one's wishes; desired.
"the corset, the garment that ensured the required female shape"

So this is not possible because the Earth is not in space is your Arguement?

edit on 16-9-2015 by Gestas because: ...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gestas

Idk. I only tried to say 1,000 times, the cold is respective to the field, and it doesn't matter how cold, or how non-magnet it was. As long as it was a magnet.

Yes, the key would be balance.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What are you all talking about?!

Phage said it like it is:

IF you want to "levitate" an object via magnetic fields, those fields have to be strong enough to counter the gravitational forces.

The earths magnetic field does not have a strong enough magnetic field strength, the B-value isn't high enough.
So, if you want to levitate, you have to have strong magnets inside the TRACK.

Example: Lexus' "flying" skateboard. Google that.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

And the Sun's magnetic field that is 2x as strong and 12,000 times as large, and extends to Pluto?

2 times as strong as what? As weak as it is, the Earth's magnetic field vastly overpowers that of the Sun in the Earth's vicinity, just as a refrigerator magnet overpowers the Earth's magnetic field. Try holding a small magnet near a compass. Which is stronger, the Earth's field, or the magnet?

Yes, the solar wind carries the remnants of the Sun's magnetic field to the edge of the Solar System. It is still very, very weak. It's extent is irrelevant.

Or did you think it's not possible?
To free fly using magnetic levitation? No, it is not possible unless you are in a very, very strong magnetic field or very light in weight. Which we are not.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The method to achieve this, is a superconductor, that is chilled to a temperature, to match the magnetic field of the magnet, for trapping to take effect.

I'm sorry to spoil your party...I'm completely out of the loop on most scientific stuff...but I've known about this for at least 10-years...so it's no secret. Everybody who wants to know...can look it up online.

so the entire premise of your thread is invalid.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

That's the strawman. Basically, if you are a HUGE sized object, verses a SMALL object you need to be a different temperature AND field. It's the argument that's been avoided the whole time.

The way I basically punch a hole in his argument is easy, a HUGE superconductor would flatten the track. Because it's huge.

Now, if with small magnets, in the video demonstration, with MAGNETS, that are, ON EARTH, you would assume, by the amount of mass they are lifting, with the aide of supercoolant, you could easily replicate this with large, ever colder, superconducting hyper-magnets.

It's about the balance between each field and the temperature itself. Being smaller can lift something bigger. Something Colder, can require less field.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Something Colder, can require less field.

1) It is the field which levitates the object. If the field is not strong enough the object will not levitate. Otherwise, a piece of superconducting material would start floating with no need for any "bed."

2) Once superconductivity occurs, it does not matter how much colder the superconductor gets. Superconductivity is superconductivity. There is no such thing as "very superconductive." Superconductivity is the loss of electrical resistance (super conductive). The appearance of the Meissner effect shows when superconductivity is occurring.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The premise of the thread is that Aliens Spacecraft have existed for at least 50 years, and that the conspiracy is that "Aliens Exist" because the Goverment want's to divoid attention from their new elite stealth fighter air/space craft.

So 10 years isn't really that up to date. It's not a secret, because it's a secret, it's a secret because the question is Aliens?

And the assumption they would ever be sighted in a UFO.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The premise of the thread is that Aliens Spacecraft have existed for at least 50 years, and that the conspiracy is that "Aliens Exist" because the Goverment want's to divoid attention from their new elite stealth fighter air/space craft.

So 10 years isn't really that up to date. It's not a secret, because it's a secret, it's a secret because the question is Aliens?

And the assumption they would ever be sighted in a UFO.

I have to admit...you're quite incoherent.

Let me ask you one thing...which church do you belong to ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join