It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are a myth, so that the Government keeps you from knowing about this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

It's progression nullifies, it's already-existence. Not aliens.

Basically, "We've almost solved it!" for 50 years. It probably took a week to actually make one.
(With the right tools. We have plenty of tools.)
edit on 16-9-2015 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Why does this technology nullify the existence of aliens? I'm unclear on that.

It is funny how it seems that alien belief is based on the assumption that humans are not capable to achieve without alien help. I guess people do not have much faith in their own race...

I think the two are apples and oranges in aliens is a concept created by society influences in wanting to believe we are not alone, or maybe more simply, allowing our imagination to evolve to a point that people believe it is all true. It is basically the tail wagging the dog in we get science fiction that people love, and so Hollywood follows what people love and then society evolves their beliefs as does all the influences, such as authors and Hollywood, that become circular in nature. Society feeds these influences and these influences feed society in the old vicious cycle scenario.

One just needs to look at the evolution of aliens from simple flying saucers to the complex ideals we have today to see how this whole phenomena has evolved. I truly doubt that aliens have evolved as we see them today from a mere 100 years ago...

edit on 16-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Hey just wanted to clarify something the material being "locked" is a superconductor. There is no material known to man in it's natural state that is a superconductor. The freezing of the material to negative 196 degrees Celsius cause`s the material to have a property that causes it to have zero electrical resistance. Not everything can be frozen and act like that material does.

Technology like this could be used in aspects such as mag lev trains, but can not be used in things such as aircraft as the strength of the worlds magnetosphere isn`t strong enough to activate the locking.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
www.youtube.com...

This is a video of Quantum Levitation.

Essentially, using Quantum Trapping, any object can ignore gravity.

The method to achieve this, is a superconductor, that is chilled to a temperature, to match the magnetic field of the magnet, for trapping to take effect.

This means, that anything, if cold enough, can be suspended in gravity, in a magnetic field, if it also has a magnetic field.

Anti-Gravity, is extremely simple science, testing the limits of 'cold', it is not sophisticated, innovative or creative. The extent to the sophistication of these aircraft have been heavily overplayed, for decades.

Magnetic levitation is not "anti-gravity".

As for the government trying to keep us from knowing about superconductors and magnetic levitation, they are doing a poor job of it since we did experiments with super cooled superconductors and this stuff in high school.

They haven't cracked down on this hoverboard which uses it either:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Malynn
Why does this technology nullify the existence of aliens? I'm unclear on that.

It is funny how it seems that alien belief is based on the assumption that humans are not capable to achieve without alien help. I guess people do not have much faith in their own race...

I think the two are apples and oranges in aliens is a concept created by society influences in wanting to believe we are not alone, or maybe more simply, allowing our imagination to evolve to a point that people believe it is all true. It is basically the tail wagging the dog in we get science fiction that people love, and so Hollywood follows what people love and then society evolves their beliefs as does all the influences, such as authors and Hollywood, that become circular in nature. Society feeds these influences and these influences feed society in the old vicious cycle scenario.

One just needs to look at the evolution of aliens from simple flying saucers to the complex ideals we have today to see how this whole phenomena has evolved. I truly doubt that aliens have evolved as we see them today from a mere 100 years ago...

Yes. I work in TV. But, did we invent the Hoverboard in 'October 2015' because it was inspired by Back to the Future, or would we have made it then anyway?

The same could be possible about the Singularity. Maybe they don't exist, and it's us. Helping spook ourselves into learning timetravel. Only to learn we are still truely alone.

You can easily make theories for any phenomena, but the point is the occurrence of any theory has a source. The main question should be, why is the biggest association of Aliens, the UFO? Kind of like, why do other Celebrities make Bob Saget is gay jokes xD? I still don't understand if there is any real public information, other than EVERY celebrity knows.

My theory is, the UFO=Alien phenomena is the Government hiding their stealth fighters.

I know none of that was your direct angle, but I am OP

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Quantum Levitation isn't the same as Magnetic levitation.

Magnetic levitation is when a magnet is repelling the other force of another magnet, like the magnet bed.

Quantum levitation is when two magnetic fields become 'entangled', it's technically not even levitating, as seen in the first video where it rides underneath a track.

Any two magnetic fields, can become entangled. A magnet is used as demonstration, because freezing a human, to demonstrate, would be difficult to persuade.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: openeyeswideshut

It would be a pretty amazing technology creating the 'cold', but scientists currently know about absolute 0. Not exactly out of range.

Only the object suspended needs to be cold, retaliative the the field it's entangling with.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Quantum Levitation isn't the same as Magnetic levitation.

Magnetic levitation is when a magnet is repelling the other force of another magnet, like the magnet bed.

Quantum levitation is when two magnetic fields become 'entangled', it's technically not even levitating, as seen in the first video where it rides underneath a track.

Any two magnetic fields, can become entangled. A magnet is used as demonstration, because freezing a human, to demonstrate, would be difficult to persuade.

Ok so it's like the video of the frogs levitating over a super cooled superconductor.

Its still not a groundbreaking supersecret thing.

It's not anti-gravity either.

It's the same thing that my high school science teacher demonstated with a superconductor, some liquid nitrogen and magnets.

He called it magnetic levitation. Shame because he was a pretty smart guy. Oh well.

It is called quantum locking.
See also: www.ted.com...

How can a super-thin 3-inch disk levitate something 70,000 times its own weight? In a riveting demonstration, Boaz Almog shows how a phenomenon known as quantum locking allows a superconductor disk to float over a magnetic rail — completely frictionlessly and with zero energy loss. Experiment: Prof. Guy Deutscher, Mishael Azoulay, Boaz Almog, of the High Tc Superconductivity Group, School of Physics and Astronomy, Tel Aviv University.

edit on 16-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

No it`s not, it`s locking, and it does need a magnet and a superconductor, not two magnets. I`ll try and find a good video that explains it properly, or Defer to my above post.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

edit on 16-9-2015 by openeyeswideshut because: fixing link

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Ok so it's like the video of the frogs levitating over a super cooled superconductor.

No, that one is about an extremely strong magnetic field.

"Quantum levitation" is exactly the same thing as magnetic levitation. Meissner effect. It just sounds wooey and cool because...quantum.

edit on 9/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The same thing? Or is Magnetic levitation just not a thing anymore?

There is a Bed, it has tethers, and uses Magnetic Levitation to 'work'.

Quantum Locking can have a magnet, hang from another magnet, from the ceiling, something that Magnetic levitation can not mimic, because of Gravity.

link   

originally posted by: Phage

No that one is about an extremely strong magnetic field.

"Quantum levitation" is exactly the same thing as magnetic levitation. Meissner effect. It just sounds wooey and cool because...quantum.

Yeah because calling it Superdiamagnetism while sounding "sciencey" doesn't have the mystical "quantum word"
Now I get it.

Thank you Phage.

link   
If the tech for anti-gravity and teleportation in space is as simple as claimed, if it is perfected and went mainstream, would we not see a massive rise in civilian space projects? We'd take to space in droves. How can we be controlled by earthly governments when we're zipping around in the lawless unknown? We would cease to be worker slaves and return to being true explorers.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Quantum Locking can have a magnet, hang from another magnet, from the ceiling, something that Magnetic levitation can not mimic, because of Gravity.

Watch the first video, where the magnet floats under the track, and explain the difference to me.

it's clearly what I said correct?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
If the tech for anti-gravity and teleportation in space is as simple as claimed, if it is perfected and went mainstream, would we not see a massive rise in civilian space projects? We'd take to space in droves. How can we be controlled by earthly governments when we're zipping around in the lawless unknown? We would cease to be worker slaves and return to being true explorers.

There is a massive rise in civilian space projects (browse the Space Exploration forum). And I'm convinced people will take to space in droves when the cost of doing so is driven down to the point where it costs no more to go into space as taking a cruise.

However none of that requires anti-gravity nor teleportation.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

It's the same thing. The expulsion of a magnetic field by a superconductor. Because of this phenomenon, when a superconductor encounters a magnetic field eddy currents are created within it. Those eddy currents produce their own magnetic fields which create an equilibrium with the ambient field.

Meissner.
books.google.com...
edit on 9/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Watch the first video, where the magnet floats under the track, and explain the difference to me.

it's clearly what I said correct?

It's called Superdiamagnetism aka the Meissner effect.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

But one doesn't require a SUPERCONDUCTOR. and It's also ONLY required, to be still any direction not basically Right Side Up.

Magnetic Levitating Bed, would not be comfortable if it was freezing.

They are not the same thing.

That said, it's only a limit of how cold you can go.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Yes. That is not Magnetic Levitation. The one with many names. Not Magnetic Levitation. Now that it's established all I'm saying is it is not that, because that one is not Anti-Gravity, because if you Turn it Upside Down, it falls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join