It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Shooting Avoided & De-Escalated: Pastor Thankful Everyone Is Safe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
He was charged with felon in possession of a firearm. On Tuesday, Aziz was also issued a charge for making a terroristic threat or impairing public/government service by Cherokee County officials.

(I think the Helmet, Tactical Vest, and Gun might have telegraphed the intent, what do you think?

News Video at link.
www.kltv.com...

BULLARD, TX (KLTV) -

Forty-year-old Rasheed Abdul Aziz was arrested Sunday for allegedly threatening the Corinth Missionary Baptist Church in Bullard. Aziz had a gun, was wearing a camouflage helmet, camo pants, tactical vest and boots when entered the church around one o'clock.
According to Pastor John Johnson, Aziz appeared distressed and said that god had told him to "slay infidels."

"He said people are going to die today, that's what he said to me," says Johnson.

Johnson says Aziz entered the church through a side door, ended up in the conference room where Johnson and others were.

The conversation with Aziz lasted about 5 minutes, and in those five minutes, Aziz reportedly told Pastor Johnson he was representing Allah and god had sanctioned him to kill and slay people. During that conversation, Johnson says that he was able to see that Aziz had a gun.

"Immediately my mind went to the fact that I knew we had several children and young members that were playing and running in the fellowship hall, I mouthed to them, this man has a weapon, I need you guys to go."

Johnson believed that the only key to getting out alive that day was to calm Aziz down.

"I believe that his intent was when he came to our church was to actually kill somebody," says Johnson.

www.kltv.com...
edit on 15-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The place is going crazy out there! Gods sending messages to kill the infidels? lol not funny.. Good to know, nobody was killed! I mean people smh... Thanks for posting one with a decent ending.. S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm glad everyone involved is safe.

Forgive if the following is somehow offensive to some.

Since this individual was told by 'god' to "slay infidels" and he went to a church, would this have qualified as workplace violence had he carried through?

Will the fact that he changed his mind (or was talked out of committing the act) have any affect on others who may have received the same mesasge?

In Texas, he is lucky he didn't get shot himself.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nothing is more frightening than a man who believes he has god in his corner.

I hope the EU takes a good look at these refugees pouring over the borders. Only a matter of time before these people decide to kill non-believers in the name of Allah.

This is why I am always packing heat. At the store, the movies, walking my dogs, anywhere. You never know these days when some loony or religious radical will start killing people while you're enjoying your Denver omelet.

Be a victor, not a victim people.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So a pastor armed with nothing but words was able to talk the guy down. How many bullets would the cops have used to resolve the situation?

Major props to this pastor.

a reply to: PraetorianAZ

In the US I fear the Christian extremists much more than the Muslim ones, not that both of those groups don't have their crazies all over the world, but only one of those groups holds political influence in the US.

Also, since this guy never fired a shot I'm not sure someone who was armed could actually get away with a self defense plea.
edit on 15-9-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Dressed as he was and his stated intent was to kill the people in the church, "fearing for your safety or the safety of others" would have been a valid reason to shoot.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yup another religious nut with access to guns , mental disorder + Guns = tragedy.. smh.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thank god everyone is ok

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Finally some good news out of america .
This pastor has a cool head and has
thwarted a minion with his faith .

Another example of a person who should NEVER
have been trusted with a gun .

S'n'F !