It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders. Worse than Isis?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
DEAR OP

THANK YOU for the best laugh I have had on ATS since these greatly amusing threads:

Post your dating History
and
Is Morgan Freeman the antichrist?

How you made that stretch to ISIS is a sign of a disconnection to the reality of Bernie Sanders and what he represents, or you are simply the funniest critter on ATS with a great sense of humor, as your points in the OP must surely be just a joke.

edit on 15-9-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Just an observation:

It occurred to me as I read the various threads on ATS regarding politics, rights and the constitution, that those whom claim to uphold the constitution and believe in it, know very little about it's history, what rights are protected and how it is applied to current issues.

It's very disconcerting.

Someone else in the thread already pointed out that Sanders is not comparable to ISIS is the slightest, yet the extreme right wing Christians in the country actually are. They wish to and openly advocate for the suppression of freedoms granted by the constitution by claiming another authority in their religious documents.

We are treading on dangerous ground here. We actually have a group of people in our country that have become radicalized through lies and propaganda, and wish to force their ideals over the rights granted by the constitution. Also the very document that gives them the right to worship as they wish.

Sanders on the other hand is not trying to take any rights away. He recognizes that as the country and the world evolves it makes more sense to use the collective wealth of the nation to provide the services needed to ensure basic priorities are met. Such as healthcare. We can do this easily if we reevaluated our priorities and stopped using the collective wealth of the nation to make war.

In all honesty, Sanders does not want to drastically change how government works. He wants to change what it "works on".
edit on 15-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
In all honesty, Sanders does not want to drastically change how government works. He wants to change what it "works on".

And who it works for. As in the people.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Actually, I do find it amusing. All the ado, protest and eye rolling. Not a one of you have addressed the point of the thread.

The destruction of an 'idea'. THAT is the commonality between the left, at least this latest version of it, and Isis/fundamental Islamists. One does it via violent acts, the other by direct invalidation of that idea, via denigration of the founding fathers or this latest label of being racists.

Destroying the idea is the point anyone care to address it...or just keep on with the irrelevant diatribes.....

edit on 15-9-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: introvert

And who it works for. As in the people.

Exactly. We seem to forget that government exists solely to benefit and protect the freedoms of the people. It was not designed to allow corporate lobbying, perpetual war, election manipulation through money and a very long list of other things that were specifically forbidden by the founders and early representatives.

Government is by the people and for the people. We need to remember that when we criticize and vet our politicians.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Actually, I do find it amusing. All the ado, protest and eye rolling. Not a one of you have addressed the point of the thread.

The destruction of an 'idea'. THAT is the commonality between the left, at least this latest version of it, and Isis/fundamental Islamists. One does it via violent acts, the other by direct invalidation of that idea, via denigration of the founding fathers or this latest label of being racists.

Destroying the idea is the point anyone care to address it...or just keep on with the irrelevant diatribes.....

I think that myself and others have done that. The "Idea" is not applicable to what Sanders wishes to accomplish. If you want to find a group that is, look at the extreme right wing that advocates for the suppression of rights in the name of religious superiority.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be in the jokes forum? Gave me a good laugh

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Actually conservatives are closer to ISIS than Bernie.

Conservatives want to force women to give birth to the child of their rapist
Want to force religious indoctrination at schools and want to transform the U.S. into a theocracy

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

hahahaha, I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet, but I bet I could guess who MANY are going to vote for. Not sure Sanders is as bad as ISIS, but I'm still reading and learning about the candidates. All I know is that we have Trump, Carson and politicians running for president. It's a 3 man race as far as I'm concerned, because I don't see a difference between Cruz/Sanders/Clinton/Bush/etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

First of all, I'm not a Christian. Second, the point was the destruction of the 'idea' that is the Constitution.

That is the perceived intent of Sanders, Obama by multiple acts, the general redefining of concepts that defined western culture by the left in general.

That is the common link with Isis/extremist Islamists. Not the means, although the chances of success are far higher with the internal actions of the left than Isis' chances of success, In my opinion.

If you want a person to run this nation who believes the founding fathers are 'racist' and has no further comment on the attributes of that Constitution, all in the name or a 'free' universal health care?? Well, go for it.

I for one would prefer a nation that ran based on that Constitution long before a 'universal health care. If that makes me an extremist? Well, that says something about you, doesn't it....

edit on 15-9-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The extreme right as you label it, has bent over backwards for your 'rights' on a non-stop basis. I have yet to see a Christian who wants a theocratic nation. Surely none running for office.

In fact any candidates who invoke 'God' or Christianity as their basis or personal morals is vilified by the left and the media. Unless it's Islam, that is, hmmm, a coincidence? I think not.

Maybe not at your level, but the higher end in the political left establishment? I'm not so sure.

Hillary say 'free college', Sanders 'universal healthcare' also 'free' cough, cough. I will pay for me and mine. All I ask is respect MY Constitutional rights, not just yours....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

If you want a person to run this nation who believes the founding fathers are 'racist' and has no further comment on the attributes of that Constitution, all in the name or a 'free' universal health care?? Well, go for it.

How many of the founding fathers owned slaves? That should solve the racist problem....I would think owing slaves would be considered racist by some.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What would you call a bunch of people that labeled a whole race as 3/5ths a person? Also if everyone doesn't have the right to the same kind of healthcare then how can you think that the people are being treated equally like the Constitution says we should be?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

In fact any candidates who invoke 'God' or Christianity as their basis or personal morals is vilified by the left and the media. Unless it's Islam, that is, hmmm, a coincidence? I think not.

No they are not the only Christians that are vilified are the ones that think their religion places them above the law like that idiot in Ky. How many Muslims do you see using their faith to be above the law? Cry about Christians in one breath and whine about Islam with the next why am I not surprised?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

First of all, I'm not a Christian

Never said you were. I was making a comparison between extreme right wing Christians and ISIS.

Second, the point was the destruction of the 'idea' that is the Constitution.

There are representatives on both the Left and Right that destroy the very spirit and "idea" behind the constitution. That would include support for war, corporate superiority and the continual grab for our individual liberties.

How is that just a "Left thing"?

That is the perceived intent of Sanders, Obama by multiple acts, the general redefining of concepts that defined western culture by the left in general.

Culture evolves as it's people, among many other things, evolve. That's the main problem with conservatives is that while they claim to uphold constitutional rights, they cannot fathom the idea that those rights apply to the people that break norms while culture evolves.

Things change. Too many are not willing to flow the change.

That is the common link with Isis/extremist Islamists. Not the means, although the chances of success are far higher with the internal actions of the left than Isis' chances of success, In my opinion.

There is no link. A better link to their ideology has been made with the actions and words of the extreme Right wing Christians.

That's not what he said. Context is key, but a nice attempt at an emotional plea.

I for one would prefer a nation that ran based on that Constitution long before a 'universal health care.

What if a universal healthcare plan was found to be constitutional under the General Welfare Clause? Would you accept it then? Do you agree with the basic premise of UHC?

If that makes me an extremist? Well, that says something about you, doesn't it....

I didn't say you were and extremist. Stop with the emotional crap.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Mike Huckabee

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

A theocracy? Really? Link please...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The extreme right as you label it, has bent over backwards for your 'rights' on a non-stop basis

How's that? My rights are protected by a constitution and the courts that interpret it. Did the extreme Right bend over backwards to protect the rights of women when it comes to abortion? How about the right for equal application of the constitutional law when it came to gay marriage?

Might want to rethink that.

In fact any candidates who invoke 'God' or Christianity as their basis or personal morals is vilified by the left and the media.

Damn straight! Religion has no place in government. It's ok to have a belief, but my rights are protected by the constitution, no matter what their religion says or what they want to force on us.

Unless it's Islam, that is, hmmm, a coincidence? I think not.

Islam is not a problem in the US. If it was, myself and other like-minded people would be saying the same things. Islam does not get a free pass either.

Hillary say 'free college', Sanders 'universal healthcare' also 'free' cough, cough. I will pay for me and mine.

Sounds better than paying for war and "Homeland Security".

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
DEAR OP

THANK YOU for the best laugh I have had on ATS since these greatly amusing threads:

Post your dating History
and
Is Morgan Freeman the antichrist?

How you made that stretch to ISIS is a sign of a disconnection to the reality of Bernie Sanders and what he represents, or you are simply the funniest critter on ATS with a great sense of humor, as your points in the OP must surely be just a joke.

Your absoluately right, this here has got to be the funniest thread by far on ATS.

"Harmless Bernie is the new babaric gun slinging extremist entity"

Rejoice folks for this kind of threads popping up is indicative of the treat Bernie has on the Oligarchs and their minions.

They are feeling the BERN!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Worse than ISIS, no.

Worse than Obama, definitely. That's bad enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join