It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wal-mart Account was hacked...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hi guys!

Yesterday my Wal-mart account was hacked, I caught it early by the e-mail they send you letting you know your stuff was updated. Customer Service put a lock on my account, gave me the new e-mail addy used and a new password so I can change it back. The e-mail addy that the hacker used was a .ru account. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I close the account when I get it back?(I have to wait 24 hours, so tonight at 9:30pm I can change it back.) Should I change my e-mail address completly? I'm running my anti-virus and malware programs but nothing is coming up.

I don't know how this happened, only thing I did was use an app called CareZone on my phone. I use the Wal-mart pharmacy and put one of my meds on the app to remind me to take it. A few days ago I had to change my Google password cuz it wouldn't let me in, but yet no other activity was showing up other than mine. About a month ago someone was using my Netflix account from Mexico.... but that could have been from a program called Hola(which I tried out cuz everyone said it was good, but I didn't care for it so uninstalled it.) Also when all the stuff was going down like a year ago at Home Depot, etc I had to get a new card and change my banking password, and I got a notice from gmail that it was recommended I change my password. Plus other various sites recomened to change them(which I Did.) I'm rambling, I'm frazzled and just kinda scratching my head hoping that it's just the Wal-mart account. What would you guys do in my shoes? Thanks for listening to me mainly ramble.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
May have been the victim of a phishing app or website.

Make a completely new email address.
Update all accounts and change every password.
Keep an eye on bank statements.
Don't reuse passwords! EVER

Hopefully it was just the one account.

Good Luck.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Something similar happened to me recently but it was my Debit card and someone had attempted to purchase $200 dollars worth of stuff at wal mart.com
I was never able to get to the bottom of it but was so grateful (oddly) that my bank tracks my personal spending habits to such a degree that that particular transaction caused them to lock down my accounts.

Good luck to you!
As the poster above has stated and you yourself I believe. wipe everything clean and start fresh.
THAT may be enough...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MacSen191

It was Target.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I sympathize.

My Target, Kmart, Staples, Home Depot, Anthem, and UCLA accounts were all hacked.

Welcome to the new reality.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I dont have such an account...nor in fact...any of the accounts any of you mentioned....
Hmmmmmm....?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Everything can be hacked

We are getting to the point were it could even be possible to hack without Internet connection

If you want details than pay me for 2 hours it would take to explain

I am not sitting here typing for that long

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That's why I look from time to time at this site.

From all my email addresses only two are listed, as they were part of the big Adobe "incident".

top topics

join