It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perspective is Subjected to Perception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Truth is what we want it to be.
There is absolute truth, based in fact.
There is perceived truth based on faith.
The truth based on fact is still what we perceive.
The truth based on faith is not what others believe.

If I tell you the truth, is it really the truth and the whole truth?

If I swear on a Bible, does this make it the truth?

If I read it in a book, does it make it the truth?

If I see it in a movie, does it make it the truth?

We believe and we perceive what we want to believe and perceive. I can tell you what the truth is from my perspective and it is your choice to believe it or not.

If I shoot a video of something and post it anywhere, there will be those that say, "oh that's photo shopped" or "hey that's a planet", etc.

If I write a first hand account of an experience as the truth, there will be those that say, "that was in your head" or "you were drunk", etc.

The truth is...it really doesn't matter what others believe or perceive, it is the "FREE WILL" of all to decide what they want to recognize as truth.

It doesn't change the "TRUTH", because in any reality there can only be one truth, the rest is all subjective conjecture based on perception and belief.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The truth is, I'd be lying if I said I knew the truth. If I told you I was lying about that, does it mean I'm telling you the truth?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The truth will set you free.

Knowledge is power.

Knowledge needs to be true.

You can only decide what is true by believing your own senses, because they are all we have to perceive what is external to ourselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
See my sig.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

~~~ Perspective is no more subjected to perception than water is 'subject' to wetness!
Perspective IS 'perception'. One.
One unit of 'perception', one 'percept' = one unique momentary Perspective!
A 'Planck moment is not a measurement of 'time', it is a unit of 'perception'. There is no 'time' in a moment!

Truth is what we want it to be.

~~~ In your imagination/ego perhaps.
Truth like Reality is ALL inclusive!
There is One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality/Truth that we all uniquely perceive every unique moment of existence!
'Wants' and 'desires' are all ego/imagination.
If your entire Reality is imaginary, then your assertion is surely true!
If you have ever experienced Reality sans 'thought/imagination', you know that your statement does not extend beyond the vanity of the imagination!

There is absolute truth, based in fact.

~~~ Again nonsense (beyond the schizophrenic duality of the imagination/thoughts)!
There are no 'facts' in science, there are no 'facts' in philosophy!
There is no difference between a 'fact' and a 'belief'!
Same imaginary coin!

"New study of the brain shows that facts and beliefs are processed in exactly the same way."

www.newsweek.com...

And a 'belief' is not a rational logical thing, it is a pathologically symptomatic infection of the imagination/ego, emotionally powered!
Same with something accepted as a 'fact', it no longer requires critical thoughtful examination, it is a 'fact'/'truth'!
There is more to Reality then fits in your tiny imaginary concept boxes.

There is perceived truth based on faith.
The truth based on fact is still what we perceive.
The truth based on faith is not what others believe.

~~~ I'm sure that you understand that garble.
You seem to conflate 'Faith' with 'belief', which are complete opposites.
And any and all 'beliefs' are imagination, one feature of Reality; hardly the entirety!

If I tell you the truth, is it really the truth and the whole truth?

~~~ "All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense." -Robert Anton Wilson

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics

"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." - Alfred North Whitehead

"You don't need to take drugs to hallucinate; improper language can fill your world with phantoms and spooks of many kinds."
-Robert A. Wilson

If I swear on a Bible, does this make it the truth?
If I read it in a book, does it make it the truth?
If I see it in a movie, does it make it the truth?

~~~ Yes!
There is not anything BUT Truth to be perceived!
Schizophrenia is the fragmentation of that which is One!

An illustration;

'Point to the left'.
Easy.
Note where you are pointing.
Now turn 1 degree and point to the left.
Again note the results.
Now another degree, etc...
And another 1/4 of a degree...
Turn in every possible direction, on every possible axis!
It turns out that every direction is 'left', 'left' is a 'cloud needing a particular Perspective to have any 'direction' at all!
Now point to the 'right'!
Same drill!
Note that the exact same cloud of 'left', is also, at the same moment, a cloud of 'right'!
Do the experiment!

The only 'distinctions' that can even be called 'left' or 'right', are a matter of Perspective!

Ultimately, We are One (unchanging (motionless), all inclusive) 'Cloud'/Reality/Truth!!

We believe and we perceive what we want to believe and perceive.

~~~ Again, that is just vanity.
Taking credit 'after the fact'.

I can tell you what the truth is from my perspective and it is your choice to believe it or not.

~~~ You can tell me, Honestly, what you 'perceive'.
It's ALL Truth!
And I need not 'believe' anything to tentatively accept a theory!

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

If I shoot a video of something and post it anywhere, there will be those that say, "oh that's photo shopped" or "hey that's a planet", etc.
If I write a first hand account of an experience as the truth, there will be those that say, "that was in your head" or "you were drunk", etc.
The truth is...it really doesn't matter what others believe or perceive, it is the
"FREE WILL" of all to decide what they want to recognize as truth.

~~~ Again, nonsense.
You can hardly support the vain motion of 'free-will/choice' either scientifically or philosophically.
They are impossible to exist beyond your ego/imagination!
And you cannot even have 'free-will/choice' in what you think/imagine!

It doesn't change the "TRUTH", because in any reality there can only be one truth, the rest is all subjective conjecture based on perception and belief.

~~~ That Aristotelian true or false nonsense has poisoned Western minds for 2 millennia, until quantum mechanics refuted all of his 'laws of logic', definitively!
Reality IS Truth, there is no 'the rest' floating around somewhere (beyond the imagination, that is).
The 'thought/imagination/ego' is a very tiny box, indeed. In it are ALL 'limitations'; 'time/space', 'life/death', all 'dualities', 'good/evil', 'bad/good', all 'values', all 'meaning', all 'identity', all boundaries!
To transcend the ego is to Know this!
Knowledge = experience/perception.

"There are two paths leading to oneness with the Tao.

The first in the path of acceptance.
Affirm everyone and everything.
Freely extend your goodwill and virtue in every direction, regardless of circumstances.
Embrace all things as part of the Harmonious Oneness, and then you will begin to perceive it.

The second path is that of denial.
Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth.
Peel all the veils away, and you will arrive at the Oneness.

Though these paths are entirely different, they will deliver you to the same place: spontaneous awareness of the Great Oneness." - Lao Tzu

Some 'food for thought', perhaps... *__-

edit on 16-9-2015 by namelesss because: Reason? Reason? I don' need no steenkin' reason!

top topics

join