It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B Will be Much more that Just a Bomber

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Looking at the articles and some of the things said and not said I'm betting next week.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why does everyone seem so sure NG won't win? Any specific reason? I mean, LM got the F35 and Boeing got the KC-46.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It makes sense to have it on a friday. As others have noted, this is going to have a huge impact on the companies involved.

I do bet they have spread around the work a bit for the subs. If NG wins, then I bet Boeing gets a chunk. That would satisify the industrial base folks.

I'm also willing to bet the 6th gen fighter gets accelerated as soon as the F-35A is IOC. That's when I'd mark it. 2017? A more hawkish president, whether Clinton or a Republican, will want to have something to stay ahead of the curve of the Chinese and Russian 5th gens.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Animalm0ther

I think partly because NG had a pretty big screw-up which grounded their demonstrator half-way through the fly-off. Never good.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

True, however, it was stated in another thread that those issues haven't been issues in a long time.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
until humanity quits it's obsession with killing each other in ever more technologically 'advanced' ways, we will never be much more than apes.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

This isn't the tree-hugger section bud.

Street's closed pizza boy, find another way home.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: anzha

Looking at the articles and some of the things said and not said I'm betting next week.

Examples?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

They moved their engineers and a very large chunk of money out of the bomber program, they had issues with their aircraft during a fairly critical phase of testing, they're buying their stock back....

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Articles talking about the selection coming very soon now, the AF preparing for more stealth bombers, etc. Do a search in the news section and suddenly there are all kinds of articles about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
until humanity quits it's obsession with killing each other in ever more technologically 'advanced' ways, we will never be much more than apes.

Apes in stealthy black triangles please! The bleeding edge of computer control, materials, aerodynamics, propulsion, communications...damn these clever apes advancing our technology.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Buying back stock can be seen as confidence in your company and believing that your stock is undervalued. And do we have sources for moving resources and the issues during testing? Not discrediting you, just looking for substance.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The aircraft hasn't officially flown, so how can there be sources about issues during testing? As for moving resources around, no, it was mentioned in an article that several people saw, but I don't remember where and can't find it again.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It's on the net in other forums/discussions/articles if you know where to look for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

It's on the net in other forums/discussions/articles if you know where to look for them.

And where would that be? You say it's out there but refuse to document the location of the discussion? why is that? Link?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Wǒ bù zhīdào

translates to roughly "I don't know"

"It's on the net in other forums/discussions/articles if you know where to look for them. "

do you know or don't you know - Is that Chinese double-speak?

Put up or shut up...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Let's just sit back and watch this baby-----

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'd swear on a stack of bibles [ and I am not remotely religious] I saw a fleet of these at McConnell AFB in the mid to late "80's when it was a SAC base....

edit on 19-9-2015 by LeslieD because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by LeslieD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LeslieD

Probably B-1s with the 28th bomb squadron
edit on 352Saturdayam2015-09-19T02:27:50-05:00kSat2015210 by BlackDog10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LeslieD

Chill out mate. If you read these forums on a daily basis then you'll end up clicking on hundreds of links with similar but slightly different information, and reading loads of threads on similar topics. To me it's completely justified to say "the information is out there somewhere in this forum but I don't have 5 hours to reread all the threads and find it".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join