It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land of the Free = Biggest Threat to World Peace!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The people polled are full of it.

It seems like the hate for America you have should be put on a shelf.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The people were polled and they resoundingly agreed that the U.S. was preventing the rest of the world from existing in peace. I

And they are so epically wrong.

There has never been an era of 'peace'. There has always been someone fighting over something somewhere.

Take the older countries like Europe.Asia, and the Middle East. Centuries of warfare.Centuries of empires.

Now your telling me the 'new' kid on the block is causing all the problems?

Uh no.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura
Off all the wars in the past 100 years, why is it that every nation involved asked the US for help? I can only remember going back to Vietnam.

I agree that we the U.S is and should not be the world police. I can remember other soldiers saying this " The ones that don't want to go to war are those in uniform"

LETS PUT THE POLITICIANS ON THE FRONT LINE, and see how many wars or conflicts we have

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't need to watch a video to know that!

It's called MANIFEST DESTINY + AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM = USA believing it has a Divine mandate to rule the world!

Obama is wedded to these delusions with a passion that was all too evident in his 2014 West Point speech when he proudly declared that he believes in American Exceptionalism literally with every fibre of his being. That speech made my blood run cold - you should find it on youtube - virtually the entire thing could have been spoken by Hitler all about how superior the USA is and how it has a duty to spread its values across the globe.

What Americans need to bear in mind is that no other nation on Earth has ever dropped an atom bomb on a city full of people - and the USA did it TWICE! There is no justification for that whatsoever - it's sickening that the USA govmnt and many still think it was a good thing to do.

The USA govmnt has historically done such a vast array of the most evil things; not only to the world by invasion and destabilising govmnts and being complicit in every conflict, but to its own people by secret mass experiments and torturing its own prisoners and the mentally handicapped in hospitals. The speech that Clinton gave apologising for thousands of radiation experiments is unbelievable - find it on youtube.

I hated the way Obama so casually anounced "Yes, we tortured some folks" like it meant nothing - imagine a muslim leader or Mr Putin saying that! The whole thing was dropped by the media as though Obama had been taking about a walk in the park - this man with a Peace Prize - it's a #ing joke!!!

The USA govmnt is so utterly and entirely despotic - and the worse thing is that it believes to the core that it has the Divine right/support to be that way and if you don't agree then you're wrong, because they are always right!

Of course the USA is the most dangerous country on Earth - they are a threat to everyone both within its borders and outside its continent. When those in power realised after WW2 that they could get rich and more powerful because of war, something mentally snapped and ever since they have grown ever richer from selling weapons and stealing resources out of the chaos of conflict.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PersonneX
Try Google image search it, because I grabbed it from a political discussion, on a moving (non stored) image board. It's source was cited there, but I did not think to reference it...

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: aorAki

I do not take action. I did not follow my family into military service.
If we channeled the military money into only social good, we would have more terrorist attacks to pay for.

The "War on Terror" didn't come into existence until after America started arming the Mujahideen in the 1980's Russia/Afghanistan war.

Everything your seeing today is a direct result of what happened in the middle east 10 years ago. All those kids who had to grow up seeing US tanks patrolling the streets, US soldiers pulling people out of their houses at night, are all grown up to adulthood now and you can imagine exactly how they perceive America.
edit on 16-9-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I do not see the US of A as being a protagonist.

See that's the problem, you don't see it, even though its very clear to everyone else in the entire world
Here's the proof
Military expenditure

Corporate greed demands that you be the antagonist,
edit on 16-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I can't argue with that.

originally posted by: anticitizen
well, the US is one of the biggest arms dealer.
no war - no profit.
threfore war is disirable and provoked.

oh yeah, and it's an extra bonus if there's oil in the land that "needs to be democratized".

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I agree. You can’t get peace while creating violence.

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I think it's time to admit that freedom drones and democracy missiles do not create peace and instead create more chaos and death.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've advocated this for years: the moment the president or the Congress and the Senate votes to go to war, they have to pre-designate a family member who at the point of that vote, no matter what, begins military service.

Now it can be a nephew, it can be a niece, it can be a son, it can be a daughter- whatever. But someone related to the person that votes to take this country to war must begin active military service. What's so outrageous about that?

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
a reply to: JesseVentura
Off all the wars in the past 100 years, why is it that every nation involved asked the US for help? I can only remember going back to Vietnam.

I agree that we the U.S is and should not be the world police. I can remember other soldiers saying this " The ones that don't want to go to war are those in uniform"

LETS PUT THE POLITICIANS ON THE FRONT LINE, and see how many wars or conflicts we have

top topics

<< 1   >>

join