It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Get It..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
eta: And the whole "I can't be bought" thing. Of course, if's that's true, I like that too. But I don't believe it. Donald Trump can't be bought? I mean, he's always been about money. Why should we expect that to change? Money defines him. He admits it. Always has.

Agree that this claim is scoffable. He throws a public fit if anyone dares to value his financial portfolio one dollar less than he says it is.

Trump can be bought.

And he is. That's the missing piece you're looking for. The key to Trump's candidacy is that he is intended to split from republicans and fracture the conservative vote so badly, that Bernie Sanders will win with a mandate. That's why his numbers are big. Congress wants their $13 trillion check to *ahem* invest. There was no oversight under Obama and Bush...America's financial resources will be beautifully exploited under Bernie.
edit on 16-9-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I am setting up to watch debates. I will just say it. Not the first time I have been in trouble on ATS and FB. I have been through many election seasons at 65. Trump is useful because the Republican Party is in tatters. The most avid, loyal group of voters are the ones called by different names over the decades. Religious right, moral majority, the silent majority, the tea party. Not the entire group, but the racist sub group in the larger group. They are important because they always vote. THEY WILL NEVER VOTE for Ben Carson or Jeb Bush. Get it?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

OP...I'll tell you the truth and actually answer your question instead of making jokes. Trump speaks the words that many right-wing Americans wish they could...but can't, won't or are ignored. Our representatives don't do what we elected them to do. The President is a criminal and is forcing a far left-wing agenda including support for a welfare society, political correctness, illegally allowing illegal immigrants to enter, stay and mooch off our assets, forcing Obamacare down the throats of the people and so much more. The corruption in our government exceeds that of the Mafia. Benghazi, million dollar websites that don't work, demanding more money for government to fail with or waste, playing with the employment numbers while most can easily see the economy sucks and is too fragile, insulting our allies and embracing our enemies while they call for our deaths...but you know all this.

Trump is the ONLY candidate that "says" he will do the opposite. The ONLY candidate that speaks the truth instead of PC bullcrap. This has made him a candidate of and for the people as opposed to a government of the government. Most of us have realized that the country is going in the wrong direction...180 degrees in the wrong direction. Nothing today is done for the people...but it is stated that it IS for the people. In the end it is for power and control. And we on the right are so sick of it that Trump is likely our last effort before all out revolution.

No...not grabbing guns and marching up to the White House, but a revolution none the less. The funniest part to me is that Trump makes everyone nervous EXCEPT the people! That is a sign of a President that we can be proud of, a President that if nothing else says what we want...even if it ultimately turns into the same old crap.

We are desperate to save our country from those who wish to change it because they hate it. And you only change something you don't love. Like marrying someone hoping you can change them...it doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm watching the debate too. By myself. : (

I thought the first wave was awesome! So much better than the last one! Was shocked at how well Lindsey Graham did! Man, I was impressed.

But didn't realize how badly Santorum scares me. As much as Cruz. He would be my last choice from these candidates. I support Trump before him. I wish somebody would start a debate thread. I want to, but I'm unreliable to see it through.

Anybody?
edit on 9/16/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
One thing I'm noticing about Trump is that all his responses are emotional. Intense emotionality. I find that troublesome.

Blame. Emotion. Blame with emotion. Still skirting substance. SUBSTANCE MATTERS.

: )

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I can't imagine what you thought you said that would get you in trouble? You just voiced an opinion perfectly within T&C.
No worries!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Donald Trump is the canary in the coal mine of how bad things have gotten, ie we are actually considering electing a Trust fund kid/billionaire/realtor/reality show host as president. I keep thinking of the movie idiocracy, and how sickeningly close that movie is to reality.......

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

My friends say the same thing. I MUST see the movie!

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
seems relevant...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

OP...I'll tell you the truth and actually answer your question instead of making jokes. Trump speaks the words that many right-wing Americans wish they could...but can't, won't or are ignored. Our representatives don't do what we elected them to do. The President is a criminal and is forcing a far left-wing agenda including support for a welfare society, political correctness, illegally allowing illegal immigrants to enter, stay and mooch off our assets, forcing Obamacare down the throats of the people and so much more. The corruption in our government exceeds that of the Mafia. Benghazi, million dollar websites that don't work, demanding more money for government to fail with or waste, playing with the employment numbers while most can easily see the economy sucks and is too fragile, insulting our allies and embracing our enemies while they call for our deaths...but you know all this.

Trump is the ONLY candidate that "says" he will do the opposite. The ONLY candidate that speaks the truth instead of PC bullcrap. This has made him a candidate of and for the people as opposed to a government of the government. Most of us have realized that the country is going in the wrong direction...180 degrees in the wrong direction. Nothing today is done for the people...but it is stated that it IS for the people. In the end it is for power and control. And we on the right are so sick of it that Trump is likely our last effort before all out revolution.

No...not grabbing guns and marching up to the White House, but a revolution none the less. The funniest part to me is that Trump makes everyone nervous EXCEPT the people! That is a sign of a President that we can be proud of, a President that if nothing else says what we want...even if it ultimately turns into the same old crap.

We are desperate to save our country from those who wish to change it because they hate it. And you only change something you don't love. Like marrying someone hoping you can change them...it doesn't work.

Completely agree and I'm not even voting for him, but it's sad he's tied for 2nd on my list. Just goes to show the faith the American people have in their government right now.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You and me both, lady. If this guy gets presidency I will have lost what little hope I had left for American politics. The man is a genuine lunatic, and the thought of him on the throne of the White House unsettles me more than most things. Let's pray that the loud-mouthed idiot doesn't make it. And let's pray that better alternatives come up soon before people like Trump begin to look like the saint so many people are exalting him as.

I find it all seriously troubling, and I'm not even American.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'll copy my post from my own thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Haha, well either way, supporting partisan politics is stupid and supporting trump is stupid. I will stand by that statement all the way to 2016, when we can come back here and see, because he is playing a very clever, yet very simple game. The psychological research was carried out DECADES ago by many governments, and of all agencies Mossad and the CIA play it best.

If you can't figure out his game and who he's targeting, oh well. You'll see.

I just noticed this last bit here was a bit cryptic, so I'd like to clarify:

The subversion tactic of winning battles has long been known, especially since the 60's with the application of a lot of psychoogical studies into how people react to various social stimuli and pressures. We might be seeing one of the first applications of it in a presidential primary. The way it works is simple, you get a guy inside who stirs up a sh!tstorm and get's everyone infighting and arguing with his strawman arguments, and the whole things implodes while the opposing side WINS. It's the exact same tactic we and Russia use to destabilize other governments.

Did anyone not see Ben Carson arguing with Trump's BS strawman about raising taxes on the rich. As if Trump really wants raise taxes massively on him and his billionaire buddies.... LOLOL! But Carson took the bait, arguing himself out of more votes and pushing people to the Sanders camp.

It would be hilarious if it weren't a matter of national interest for ALL OF US.

Trump isn't there to get votes, he's there to get the other Republican hopefuls to make themselves look stupid and run them out of money in the process!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
this county is going to hell no mattr what. we might as well see how a non tradition politician does in the position of president. cont be any worse than obama!

thus far my picks are
Paul
Cruze
Trump
Theorena
and carson.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I noticed this article today:

"Trump's Global Policy: America as Global Vulture"

Second, we’d be in a theater-level war in the Middle East. That’s not an exaggeration. Donald Trump wants to seize control of oil fields in the Middle East and North Africa. While he has recently focused on his desire to “bomb the hell” out of ISIS-controlled oil fields (a comment that does not constitute strategy), his oil agenda has deeper motivations than security. In 2011, Trump explained to CNN that the U.S. should have seized control of Iraqi oil fields as “spoils of war.” He was confused by his interviewer’s skepticism. But that same year, Trump expanded on his underlying oil-centric theory of foreign policy. Speaking about the Libyan revolution, Trump stated that the U.S. should have supported the anti-Qaddafi rebels only in return for “something special.” In Trump-world, this special gift would have entailed “50 percent of their oil.”

And that’s just the start. Perceiving our seizures as the ultimate proof of jihadist propaganda — that America seeks corrupt domination — both Sunni and Shia terrorist groups would receive a windfall of new recruits, funds, and popular support. The U.S. would be forced to close embassies around the world — some voluntarily, for reasons of security, and others because of expulsion. America’s regional allies would be treated as collaborators, and nations like Jordan and Saudi Arabia might fall into the hands of terrorists. And beyond the Middle East, the U.S. economy would face global sanctions as other allies moved in disgust to separate themselves from President Trump’s action.

Scary or not? Let me think..... hm.

I don't think he wants to be President, I think he wants to be freakin' KING! Of the world!
Of the Oil!
Of all the money!

All your oil are belong to me!

What a nut.
edit on 9/18/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Trump isn't there to get votes, he's there to get the other Republican hopefuls to make themselves look stupid and run them out of money in the process!!!!

Interesting observation. I cannot remember which candidate (was it Jeb?) that had dipped into a fund of 25 million dollars, that they had been saving for 2016. His "handlers" where unhappy that he was having to dip into this fund so soon. You make a good point.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You do realize you just described every single career politician in office right?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: w810i

Who else is suggesting we go back into Iraq and steal their oil? Source please.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jkramer

I disagree strongly. We need a competent intelligent statesman in office, not an infomercial realtor. Electing Trump is tantamount to playing nuclear Russian roulette with the lives of everyone on Earth. No thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join