It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topless Women Activist disrupt Muslim conference in France (One female kicked)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Fair enough.

I suppose in the end, despite the means...raising awareness is important.

Flipping tables in the temple and all that.

So it goes.

Frankly, I think it takes balls for them to run into a place where they are most likely going to be received hostily and standing up to savages that attend meetings like that.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The other day there was a thread about a white female journalist in Hungary kicking some refugees, and even a child.
I, along with some others on this thread raised holy hell about it. Thought it was disgraceful.

Either kicking is okay for everyone to do, or it's wrong for anyone to do. Period. No excuses.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
The other day there was a thread about a white female journalist in Hungary kicking some refugees, and even a child.
I, along with some others on this thread raised holy hell about it. Thought it was disgraceful.

Either kicking is okay for everyone to do, or it's wrong for anyone to do. Period. No excuses.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Indeed. It does take cajones.

But being female, I can tell you from personal experience that in dealing with males of a certain bent, acting irrationally like that is one reason they'll snap and get physically combative with a female. It's almost an instinctive reaction for some men. I can't explain it, but I have been on the receiving end of assaults from males....and in hindsight, I came to understand that when one behaves irrationally and overtly passionate in certain caes, it tends to trigger certain types of males into lashing out and reasserting dominance in the most primal of manners.

Not condoning their behaviors, just sharing an observation.

I've never understood certain dynamics of female rationale, but to just walk into an assembly of that nature and behave in a manner that shows why and how some men respond with physical assaults speaks volumes.

We can bicker back and forth to the end of days about "outdated moralities" and cultural behavioral issues, but some things are so deeply ingrained into the cerebral cortex that it takes time....discussion...and cooperative and civil compliance from both sides of these issues in order to affect positive change for all involved.

We all have our limits and tolerances...and obviously, there is much work to be done in getting it through the heads of both males and females alike...that behaving and reacting like animals is not the way to go about social and cultural evolution.

Sadly, I fear these girls protest only reinforced why women are looked down upon by some factions of this culture.

It's little more than Jerry Springer all over again, but outside the trailer park.

edit on 9/13/15 by GENERAL EYES because: minor addition

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Disrespectful as hell but does that deserve a "kick down"?

Impossible! That couldn't have happened! Islam is a religion of peace, dontcha know?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

But being female, I can tell you from personal experience that in dealing with males of a certain bent, acting irrationally like that is one reason they'll snap and get physically combative with a female.

Hopefully the asshats who were kicking her get prosecuted by French authorities.

I agree there needs to be a discourse and maybe the image of her getting throw to the floor and kicked during a conference on whether it is okay for Muslim men to smack their wives around or not will compel people to more actively align themselves with the sane people who know that it is not acceptable.

edit on 13-9-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer, and I am not speaking metaphorically

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

originally posted by: Annee

Guarantee you wouldn't see that kind of a beating at my local christian church(maybe in the time of the Crusades). Islam, the religion of peace.

There are plenty of so called Christian bullies.

Many women suffer abuse because a priest/minister tells them its their fault if they don't keep their man happy.

There are bullies in every religion, but nothing quite like Islam.Muslims believe it's there duty to inflict violence on non believers and blasphemers.
Dawkins on apostasy.Even the moderate Muslim representative tries his hardest not tell the truth.
www.youtube.com...

You're so funny. You're having difficulty separating so called Muslims from the Quran. Anybody can call themselves a Muslim and act like a douchebag or a psycho.
There is no death sentence for blasphemers, apostates or homosexuals in the Quran. The Quran encourages the freedom of religion and strongly condemns oppression of any sort. Dressing up like a Middle Easterner, growing a beard or wearing a burqa doesn't make you more righteous, pious or religious. Again, there is no such dress codes in the Quran either. Dressing up religiously or calling yourself a Muslim doesn't give you the right to treat people like crap or look down at others. I disagree with what those women did but kicking them was very wrong.

You want to know the real Islam? Read the Quran. Muslims or hadith books don't represent Islam, the Quran does.

Sorry, but death for apostasy is most definitely in the Quran.Your bumbling,mental,gymnastics are typical of those who cherry pick the facts to suit their ignorant ideology.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed.
Violence in my opinion is a last resort, not a first option.

It's a complicated world....and it seems it's getting more complicated every day.

If I had definitive solutions, I would share...but sadly, I am at a loss for the overwhelming amount of cognitive dissonance inherent in a large swath of the modern populace.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

It's never acceptable to hit a woman, period end of story. There aren't justifications for hitting women, men who assert their dominance on the weak are sick and need to get beat and goto jail. No excuses, that's how I was taught and that's what I believe.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I agree wholeheartedly.

It astounds me beyond reason that we're sitting in the year 2015 and these types of issues are still plaguing our planet.

It's incomprehensible for me.

Thanks for being straight up...you have my respect.

edit on 9/13/15 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar again...darn keyboard dyslexia

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Guarantee you wouldn't see that kind of a beating at my local christian church(maybe in the time of the Crusades). Islam, the religion of peace.

Many women suffer abuse because a priest/minister tells them its their fault if they don't keep their man happy.

There are bullies in every religion, but nothing quite like Islam.Muslims believe it's there duty to inflict violence on non believers and blasphemers.
Dawkins on apostasy.Even the moderate Muslim representative tries his hardest not tell the truth.
www.youtube.com...

You're so funny. You're having difficulty separating so called Muslims from the Quran. Anybody can call themselves a Muslim and act like a douchebag or a psycho.
There is no death sentence for blasphemers, apostates or homosexuals in the Quran. The Quran encourages the freedom of religion and strongly condemns oppression of any sort. Dressing up like a Middle Easterner, growing a beard or wearing a burqa doesn't make you more righteous, pious or religious. Again, there is no such dress codes in the Quran either. Dressing up religiously or calling yourself a Muslim doesn't give you the right to treat people like crap or look down at others. I disagree with what those women did but kicking them was very wrong.

You want to know the real Islam? Read the Quran. Muslims or hadith books don't represent Islam, the Quran does.

Sorry, but death for apostasy is most definitely in the Quran.Your bumbling,mental,gymnastics are typical of those who cherry pick the facts to suit their ignorant ideology.

Bring forth your evidence for your false claims

[Quran 2:256] There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And God is Hearing and Knowing.

link   

It astounds me beyond reason that we're sitting in the year 2015 and these types issues are still plaguing our planet.

That is what astounded me about the story once I started reading about the meeting.

I would really like to hear the twisted logic these two scumbag imams tried to apply explaining when Allah says it is okay to box your wife's ears.

link   
I can't really blame the guys for being angry. Irreverence and disrespect beget kindred treatment. The kicking was low and treacherous, though.

If I was one of those fellas, I would have just tried to cop a feel or two.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

I can't really blame the guys for being angry. Irreverence and disrespect beget kindred treatment. The kicking was low and treacherous, though.

If I was one of those fellas, I would have just tried to cop a feel or two.

Kicking=no. Sexual assault=yes.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am not really a fan of such sorts of provocation. I was not in support of CharlieHebdo either.

I don't think that means the violent reactions are justified, only that the provocators are not heroes either.

This conference was not happening in the streets, it was a gathering of Muslims. If muslims went into Notre Dame and began spitting on the statues during mass, would that be heroic? This country is still laic, or secular - people have the right to their religion of worship in their homes and in their gathering places of worship and study.

The imams there did not do the violence, they turned away peacefully. The bouncers tried to remove them without hurting them. It was the young men in the public that were violent.
I imagine if muslim women came in with their coverings to a christian gathering in the Bible belt, and took the place of the preacher, screaming, there would be some young rednecks that would have this same reaction. A-hats exist everywhere.

Just my opinion, and perhaps unpopular, but that's what I think.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I agree with what you're saying. Sometimes it's complex like you mentioned, but sometimes it's very simple.

A lot of us simply have temper problems & can be very combative. Some guys believe that if anyone confronts them in an aggressive manner, it's a direct threat. You'll probably hear those types of guys say something like "If she's going to act like a man, I'll treat her like one". Be very careful with that because that's when the fight or flight response is kicking in, and they obviously don't plan on fleeing.

A more complicated answer may come from unrecognized empathy. I had to learn basic anger management techniques because I couldn't understand why I was so combative & confrontational (still am but only through words now, heh heh). It turned out that it was simply because I didn't like people yelling at me, getting loud with me, getting in my personal space, or saying things I didn't like. The negativity in their intent seemed to resonate with me & I'd end up subconsciously matching their mood.

But most guys are taught to be hyper macho and that kindness is weakness. We don't get a lot of direction from social settings on how to be diplomatic, how to deal with issues nonviolently, how to compromise, or how to simply walk away, even when we could've "won" the confrontation. These are things that take time for us and many of us never learn them (and many don't want to learn them, either).

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
This conference was not happening in the streets, it was a gathering of Muslims. If muslims went into Notre Dame and began spitting on the statues during mass, would that be heroic? This country is still laic, or secular - people have the right to their religion of worship in their homes and in their gathering places of worship and study.

They were not worshipping. They were attending a conference on whether it is okay to beat your wife or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

[Quran 2:256] There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And God is Hearing and Knowing.

Even more than that, there's an entire Revelation/Sura in the Qur'an called "al-Kafirun" (meaning "the Disbelievers"). It is short & its entire purpose is that God is commanding us to tell disbelievers "unto you your beliefs and unto me mine".

109. al-Kafirun: The Unbelievers

1 Say: O disbelievers!
2 I worship not that which ye worship;
3 Nor worship ye that which I worship.
4 And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
5 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6 Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
Twist it however you like.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Wow. So the entire planet has it all wrong.

Poor guys copping so much flak for 1 or 2 bad people.. tisk tisk.

Pity more Muslims don't read this qur'an thing..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join