It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search underway for missing JBLM paratrooper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Joint Base Lewis-McChord and local agencies are searching for a soldier who went missing after a parachute jump in Mason County.

The jump happened during a training exercise that began around noon on Friday. The soldier hasn't been seen since he jumped from the plane.

Search underway for missing JBLM paratrooper

Ok so this Special Forces had to resort to using his secondary parachute, and he's missing on the ground. It looks like a medium sized group of rescue workers have been hunting for him.
From the Article:

The Mason County Sheriff's Office, Mason County Fire, Fish and Wildlife, Washington State Patrol, volunteer Search and Rescue, the Squaxin police and the military are searching in the Kamilche area.

As of 11pm PST the air search was called off since they may have found him, but nothing conclusively reported yet.

Hopefully he's alive and just hunkering down so that he can be found.

But I'm sadly wondering if he's either seriously injured/dead, or he could be on the run which could explain the search for him as a moving person rather then a hunkered down person.

BUT since this is a Conspiracy Site, I can't forget the story of the National Parks Anomalies (AS SEEN HERE)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Bit funny how spec ops can't locate him.

My guess is all part of the training exercise.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

It doesn't matter how good you are when you're talking about an area this size and one tiny person somewhere in the middle of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Sounds a bit like this:

Blood on the risers

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not convinced by area size weakness, it is good though to appear incompetent.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

the lady interviewed and her daughter gave damn good responses. clear, straight forward, and honest. i lived there for many years.... i was expecting something much different.

i hope the young girl goes to university. a good head on your shoulders is rare and a value to any company.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NJE777

So according to you they should have found a man sized target in a six square mile area in what, three minutes? Two?

Whatever.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The soldier was found dead late last night. No name released so far.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

He has been retrieved.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
The soldier was found dead late last night. No name released so far.

Any other details known Shamrock? Such as where the body was found in relation to his jump? COD if not the fall, etc?

That's really sad news... RIP to him & thoughts to all that knew him... 😔
edit on 12-9-2015 by TheBatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBatch

Not much, no. Rescue teams were searching a six kilometer in diameter circle. The soldier had to deploy his reserve chute and came down in a heavily forested area. All the statement says is that he "did not survive." No indication as to whether that means he didn't survive the jump, or that he did but was injured and succumbed before being found.

If he was on his reserve chute, he came down somewhat faster than he would have on his main. Riding a reserve into a big assed stand of trees would not be high on my list of things to do.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I posted this before I hit the hay, but like I said in my OP I was kind of expecting this. I wonder if he died on impact, or was he just to injured to survive?

Personally I was hoping that he had just hunkered down in an area waiting to be rescued. In a way I guess he was.

***SIDE NOTE***

I thought these guys wore GPS trackers during training missions so that in the event that this kind of thing happened they could be located faster? I guess that idea never got off the ground (no pun intended)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That really is sad news... However it happened. Whether natural or suspicious circumstances.

I was also under the impression they'd be fitted with a GPS. That's an odd one.

The only thing I can think of when hearing a description of the terrain is that he tried to go between the trees and in the forward momentum reserve chutes give off he got snagged.

It's a lot more painful IMO to snag a chute attached to your hip as a reserve is as opposed to your shoulders like a proper chute.

I'd also assume he was using a T-11 RC with the cloth handle as opposed to the metal ripcord.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
NOthing conclusive yet, but they say his secondary chute may also have not worked properly..

While the military has launched an investigation into what it terms a “tragic training accident,” speculations are rife that the soldier’s primary parachute failed to deploy, which forced him to reach for his reserve, which too might have malfunctioned. The training exercise over the state of Washington was supposed to be standard, but the as-yet unconfirmed problem resulted in the soldier’s death, shared Col. Otto K. Liller, commander of the 1st Special Forces Group.

The army has clarified that it won’t release the name of the soldier who died due to what appears to be a parachute malfunction, at least until his family members are informed and a proper funeral is arranged.

Parachute malfunctions aren’t rare. Just last week, a soldier with the U.S. Army Special Operations Command was injured after his parachute failed to deploy during a training exercise in Montana, reported Sport Act

Read more at www.inquisitr.com... qrw201exzgu.99

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Riding a reserve into a big assed stand of trees would not be high on my list of things to do.

Getting thwopped into a tree at high speed on a reserve can spoil your whole day.

They spike someone into the golf course at Yuma every few years when chutes don't deploy or the cutaway goes bad. Either they don't cutaway or they do and the reserve fails and they become a lawn dart on the 16th hole.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to play through or you can drop your ball outside the canopy or what.
edit on 13-9-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
NOthing conclusive yet, but they say his secondary chute may also have not worked properly..

While the military has launched an investigation into what it terms a “tragic training accident,” speculations are rife that the soldier’s primary parachute failed to deploy, which forced him to reach for his reserve, which too might have malfunctioned. The training exercise over the state of Washington was supposed to be standard, but the as-yet unconfirmed problem resulted in the soldier’s death, shared Col. Otto K. Liller, commander of the 1st Special Forces Group.

The army has clarified that it won’t release the name of the soldier who died due to what appears to be a parachute malfunction, at least until his family members are informed and a proper funeral is arranged.

Parachute malfunctions aren’t rare. Just last week, a soldier with the U.S. Army Special Operations Command was injured after his parachute failed to deploy during a training exercise in Montana, reported Sport Act

Wow okay so yet another side to the story, neither chute working properly 👀

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBatch

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Wow okay so yet another side to the story, neither chute working properly 👀

Other possibilities that come to mind from personal experience would be that he had a primary canopy failure, and then froze and never cutaway,

He couldn't cutaway because the pin/release system hung

He did the cutaway and didn't deploy the reserve.

top topics

join