It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: Just 14 Years Later and College Kids Have No Idea the Reasons it Occurred.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: jude11

The more people forget the greater the chance of another event like this happening again.

Tragic.

But forgetting so quick by the younger generation is to be blamed on the schools, parents and just about anyone.

And is it forgetfulness or non interest?

Jude

When 911 is simply a terrorist crime, there is not very much reason to think about it. In this case 911 is about the terrorists, and terrorists are fanatical idiots.

When 911 is a vehicle for the expansion of power, either political or personal or both, then it becomes one of the most important events ever.

I'm sure most of the public will always think 911 was caused by middle eastern terrorists, unless something happens to them that causes a reevaluation of their assumptions about the big picture.

I agree that those young people were fairly correct. 911 happened because we were in the middle east.
edit on 11-9-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

What is your answer then?

Like bone said the question is rather loaded, there isn't really a stand alone correct answer.

Answer to what?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: lightedhype

And that, in a nutshell, explains so much.

"It's not our fault we don't know anything, it's yours."

Please.

When the previous generation, whose job it is to act as the teachers don't properly teach is it right to blame the student?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ask most Adults, the answers are probably even more vague.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I notice Obama has no major US terrorist attacks under this belt. So in terms of national security measured by number of Americans killed by terrorism, Obama is orders of magnitude *better* than Bush. You'd think that wouldn't sit well with Republicans but for whatever reason it seems to have never crossed their minds.

Those kids seemed to know enough to blame Bush. 9/11 happened on his watch. He failed to stop the attack. As far as I'm concerned, the fact he probably knew it was coming and did nothing is not as important as the fact he disgracefully failed in his security responsibility at the time. Other people make excuses for his disgraceful grade of F. I just say he should have been exiled out of the country the day after 9/11 so future presidents would not we don't take such disgusting failure lightly.

I believed he should have resigned the day after the attacks, even though I didn't know what I know now, that they had all the information available to stop the attacks, even if they didn't, they should have known in the first place. Lets say I'm manager of the store and I leave the doors unlocked. Someone breaks into the unlocked doors and ransacks my store. Should I expect others to rally to my support after a rousing speech in the ruins, or am I just and idiot who need to be fired and leave in disgrace? I would be an idiot, and I should leave the store as a miserable idiot, and nobody should come rallying to my support like people did with Bush after his security failings.

No conspiracy necessary. Bush was at fault. And yes, meddling in foreign affairs as an evil empire didn't help. And yes, wide-scale murder of entire populations is probably a bad thing you should avoid, but the USA has been doing that since its inception, and continues to this day to murder people wholesale as if they are worthless bugs, so why stop now? An example of this would be Iraq, where the civilian-to-military ratio was so abyssal that the USA did more killing of civilians than Saddam would have done over five or six lifetimes.

If I try to help someone, and instead I kill them, I get charged with manslaughter. If Bush tries to help people in Iraq and instead kills 300,000 of them, well thats just an unfortunate accident without consequences that can happen as many times as it needs to, because, well, its the president.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The answer to why. You want to say the school system is to blame here so want to hear what you think.

Did you forget what the thread was about?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You first, since you are so nosy and demanding.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
To be fair. There are many, many, young people, who are aware of the world around them. Who are savvy and smart and seek to gain knowledge in all its forms. But there are many more who are happy to be zombies who are not interested in anything but Facebook, Hollywood gossip, and their phone. If we want to educate those type of people about 9/11. We need to have pewdiepie talk about it while playing a video game. Or Kim Kardashian mention it on twitter.

So right
The original devil Goth..

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Reasons that Wikipedia gives is

Motives for the attacks were stated before and after the attacks, Osama bin Laden's declaration of a holy war against the United States, and a fatwā signed by bin Laden and others calling for the killing of Americans in 1998. Which was seen by investigators as evidence of his motivation.

Osama Bin Laden's explicitly stated that al-Qaeda's motives for their attacks include: Western support for attacking Muslims in Somalia, supporting Russian atrocities against Muslims in Chechnya, supporting the Indian oppression against Muslims in Kashmir, the Jewish aggression against Muslims in Lebanon, the presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia, US support of Israel, and sanctions against Iraq.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think it all got a bit confusing when Iraq was punished for 9/11. Killing over a million of their citizens in the process, before that we went to war in Afghanistan that lasted over 10 years, probably 10 years longer than it needed, but yeah, blame the kids for not having a clue.
edit on 12-9-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Perhaps the real issue is, no known enemy really attacked... but the perpetrators were closer to home base.

There are natural confuscators, like the 200 mossad agents cought with tons of explosives in vans and in strategic locations - which one might think've had something to do with the 911 event, and some of whom were also caught checking on the first plane arriving. But all that is buried under denial and degreeing anyone questioning this as a hoaxer or loony or anti-demite. Add to injury, these 200 mossad agents were not only arrested, but also released, when Bush put an Israeli to be in charge of Homeland Defense.

So, I would not blame kids for not knowing a dhing at this point. Since, for sure, it is a cloud of ignorance which surrounds the whole WTC site till today.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
In the end of the video, it says:

OUR COUNTRY NEEDS TO MAKE SURE FUTURE GENERATIONS OF AMERICANS UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY

The problem lies therein with the fact that we have never been told "exactly what happened that day."

The question posed in the video is a tough one to answer, even for me who has seen plenty of OS documentaries and conspiracy documentaries--there are many postulations as to the "why" behind either the terrorist attack or the inside job, but I'm interested in what the lady asking the questions thinks happened--exactly--on 9/11.

I'm guessing her "correct" answer would differ from mine, and there's no concrete proof that either of us would be correct.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I think it all got a bit confusing when Iraq was punished for 9/11. Killing over a million of their citizens in the process, before that we went to war in Afghanistan that lasted over 10 years, probably 10 years longer than it needed, but yeah, blame the kids for not having a clue.

I believe you just answered the question as to why they have no clue.

Too many dots to connect and therefore no time to do it.

Excuse me while I take a selfie on a stick.

Jude

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Damn and here I thought you would actually show how the education system was at blame.
Wishful thinking.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11 the point I'm making is no ones ever been charged for the crime. The wrong people were punished and the one who could have been charged was thrown in the sea

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Who has forgotten 9/11? For that matter, who has forgotten Pearl Harbor? Well, actually for Pearl Harbor, the people who lived through it may have dementia/Alzheimer's disease. Also, I wouldn't say that 9/11 "changed the face of America," but more that 9/11 allowed America to reveal its true face. I really don't know that quoting Rush Limbaugh adds any force to your statement.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Last time I checked, we're still in Afghanistan...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join