It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 60 dead after crane collapses on world’s holiest mosque in Mecca

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers to the families of the deceased.

Guess we just want to make classless jokes in a thread about 60 people dying.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sorry
edit on 11/9/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am not a deeply religious person more the type who just believes there is something. I do find this really strange though because its like the most holy placd in Islam and 9/11. There has been so many bad things this year explosions, floods, heatwaves I really do wonder whether God is angry and this is like Revelations in the Bible. My friend who is deeply religious has just said today to me when I was upset she thinks its end times and I just shrugged it off but I am beginning to find myself wondering. In fact I feel really worked up like something big is coming...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Thoughts and prayers to the families of the deceased.

Guess we just want to make classless jokes in a thread about 60 people dying.

Pretty standard when anything ironic happens in religion. No matter the religion. Sure you never have

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

It isn't really though.

I get the 'irony' around it all but it doesn't change that 60 people are dead.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

An act of God?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: combatmaster

nope ...it was Putin

Tesla coil?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It isn't really though.

People die everyday my friend. Dont we all live to die one day.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Gosh...It's a good thing these people aren't superstious.

Oh i am sure the crane operators will be tried for witchcraft and stoned immediatly following the verdict.
Or they will blame it on peole not worshipping enough or often enough. OR blame it on women showing their fingers or ankles. Or them being able to have human rights.

link   

It isn't really though.

And ? People die, frequently. The only thing that ever changes is the why and how that some people get upset over. No one is cheering. It's religious irony, jokes will flow

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: raedar

An act of God?

Thats what th einsurance companies say this type of accident is.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If that pic is legit, and that is a big if.. That is crazy irony. I'm not a devout bible thumper at all, but with the rainbow pics above the Freedom tower and this in mecca it sure raises an eyebrow if true.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're right, S.
Jokes are thoughtless in this instance.. I apologize for my insensitivity and if I've offended you or anyone else.

BTW: The death toll has risen to 65 people.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And yet I was the first to offer any sort of condolences.

It isn't really religious irony unless you can show the 60 people were some how connected to the events that took place 14 years ago IMO.

To me it is just people that died by a freak accident in a place of worship.
I wouldn't make jokes if 60 people died in a temple or a church.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
From the photos there are several cranes. Does anyone know the purpose of them?

They're used to lift heavy and/or cumbersome things and swing them into place on a construction or renovation project worksite.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Taresa Bott witnessed the reaction in Saudi Arabia:

September 11 happened while I was living and working in Saudi Arabia. It was toward the end of our workday when an American radiologist came in to tell us of the "accident" at the World Trade Center.

He had been on the phone with a broker in the WTC building when the first plane hit. As we stood there wondering how a plane could have hit the WTC, someone else came in to tell us that another plane hit.

Then we all knew it wasn't an accident. We heard sporadic yelling in the streets and happy shouts from Saudis in our own hospital. In the terminal cancer ward, patients were hooting and screaming "Down with USA," much to the horror of the American nurses tending them.
I went from feeling safe to feeling unsafe. My emotions were anger, fright, anxiety, disgust; you name it. I couldn't believe it. On the way home, my husband said the Japanese did it because of the Pearl Harbor movie. I just stared at him.

Even though I did not understand who could have done something like this, I worried about terrorism on our own soil. I wanted to know who had done it. When reports came in that Muslims had done it, I was floored. Peaceful, inviting Islam?

My feelings about my adopted country immediately changed from welcoming and warm to anger and distrust. I wanted to leave and go home, where I would feel more protected. But I could not. I was married to a Saudi and he didn't want to live in the U.S. This act of terror crushed our marriage. He did not think it was a good thing, but he didn't say it was a bad thing, either. His family was happy about the catastrophe, but tried not to show it when I was around. I felt surrounded by terrorists and just wanted to get out.

Within two years, I was back on U.S. soil and divorced. I still couldn't believe that a religion that claims it is peace-loving could do so much destruction. That single day changed my views of religions from be whatever you want to be, to never be a Muslim.

Even though I've mellowed somewhat since then, and have many Arab friends, I still wonder, did they clap and yell in happiness at the downfall of WTC, or were they sorrowful and sad that such a thing happened? I still distrust, but I do not hate Islam. I resent the people who twist it to their own ends and make others pay the price. None of us will ever have that protected feeling again because it was lost in the fire and ash of the WTC tragedy.

"Trapped in Saudi Arabia on 9/11", Taresa Bott, Yahoo News, Tue, Aug 30, 2011

not sorry

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

They're used to lift heavy and/or cumbersome things and swing them into place on a construction or renovation project worksite.

Brilliant. High five.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

karma can be a stone cold bitch some time ,nyc gets rainbows from the tower sites they got a crane colapse on today i find that very fitting and on your people died today comment valar morghulis

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

And yet I was the first to offer any sort of condolences.

It isn't really religious irony unless you can show the 60 people were some how connected to the events that took place 14 years ago IMO.

To me it is just people that died by a freak accident in a place of worship.
I wouldn't make jokes if 60 people died in a temple or a church.

No one said they were connected to 911. But it is ironic that the largest mosque in Saudi where 15 of the 19 terrorist came from ( if you believe the standard story) all of whom were Muslim, gets hit on the anniversary of 911. It's just ironic. No one is cheering, we don't have people on the streets chanting death to Saudi Arabia or death to Muslims. No one is saying they are happy about it. It just so happens that people that none of us knew lose life in this manner under such ironic circumstances when considering everything.

The jokes are about the irony. Not yeah people died I'm so happy

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

To be exact - does anyone know the purpose of them at Mecca's Grand Mosque?
edit on 11-9-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join