It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real living pterosaur or cgi?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

then how do you explain the coelacanth?

from wiki:

Coelacanths were thought to have gone extinct in the Late Cretaceous, around 66 million years ago, but were rediscovered in 1938 off the coast of South Africa.[5]

The coelacanth was long considered a “living fossil” because it was believed to be the sole remaining member of a taxon otherwise known only from fossils, with no close relations alive,[4] and to have evolved into roughly its current form approximately 400 million years ago.[1] Several recent studies have shown that coelacanth body shapes are much more diverse than was previously thought, however.[6][7][8]

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

All you have said is that it looks natural and it would take high end cgi to make it look like that.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I would settle for the mechanical bird however, it just looks too natural for an animation…

Ar about ten seconds it inverts , looking behind itself. I don't think that comes in an RC.

More like Avatar CGI, imo.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

see you have noticed it too, how the [SNIP] would a toy continue gliding and turn his head down and behind in mid flight? rc toys dont have that kind of mobility.

edit on 11/9/2015 by Gemwolf because: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

More like Avatar CGI, imo.

Sneaky James Cameron... taking time out of his day to fake pterosaur sightings...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
hmmmm. well if you believe in a world full of weird portals in space and time you would not need a breeding population for weird critters and weird phenomenon to be seen every once in a while.

i am not saying we live in such a world but it sure would make life more interesting don't you think

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
also here's an account from 1856 that proves these creatures can live among us:

"A discovery of great scientific importance has just been made at
Culmont (Haute-Marne). Some men employed in cutting a tunnel which is
to unite the St. Dizier and Nancy railways, had just thrown down an
enormous block of stone by means of gunpowder, and were in the act of
breaking it to pieces, when from a cavity in it they saw emerge a
living being of monstrous form. This creature, which belongs to the
class of animals hitherto considered to be extinct, has a very long
neck, and a mouth filled with sharp teeth. It stands on four long
legs, which are united together by two membranes, doubtless intended
to support the animal in the air, and are armed with four claws
terminated by long and crooked talons. Its general form resembles that
of a bat, differing only in its size, which is that of a large goose.
Its membranous wings, when spread out, measure from tip to tip 3
metres 22 cm (nearly 10 ft 17 in). Its colour is livid black; its skin
is naked, thick and oily; its intestines only contained a colourless
liquid like clear water. On reaching the light this monster gave some
signs of life, by shaking its wings, but soon after expired, uttering
a hoarse cry. This strange creature, to which may be given the name of
LIVING FOSSIL, has been brought to Gray, where a naturalist, well
versed in the study of palaeontology, immediately recognized it as
belonging to the genus *Pterodactylus anas*, many fossil remains of
which have been found among the strata which geologists have
designated by the name Lias. The rock in which the monster was
discovered belongs precisely to that formation the deposit of which is
so old that geologists date it more than a million years back. The
cavity in which the animal was lodged forms an exact hollow mould of
its body, which indicates that it was completely enveloped with the
sedimentary deposit."

Illustrated London News (Feb. 9, 1856) page 166:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I know I'm newer to this site.. but why does it seem that a common thing in alot of these forums is..

"Well.. it looks real.. so it's obviously cgi.. because.. you know _____ doesn't exist"

It's like.. why are you on a conspiracy forum if you're going to think that way?

Anyways in regards to this video one possible expansion I can think of, if this is indeed a legitimate clip.. is that it is some sort of deformed Pelican. Because it does have a Pelican esque shape to it..

But if not a pelican...

It may very well be a dinosaur... which would be incredible

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Picollo30

A bit of a difference with a flying animal and one that can't be seen in the sea..
Sorry but it is a fake.
edit on 10-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picollo30
also here's an account from 1856 that proves these creatures can live among us:

Still a hoax...

dml.cmnh.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Cool video and it's pretty well done too, good enough to go viral. I honestly can't tell if that's CGI or a mechanical model.

It looks like a physical object until the diving part. That part suggests CGI because it's centre of balance would make a manoeuvre like that impossible. The way the wings move doesn't look real at all; Ray Harryhausen rises again....

My main reason for saying 'fake' is that they've been EXTINCT for more time than humans have ever existed on Earth - millions of years. It's a good rule-of-thumb to dismiss all videos as fake when they feature animals that have been extinct for so long that they wouldn't even have parents. Conjuring portals and inventing time-travel to explain how the vids can be real is too much effort.

Lovely video though

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

All you have said is that it looks natural and it would take high end cgi to make it look like that.

Hence, that's why I am more inclined to say it is probably a mechanical toy.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Still a hoax...

dml.cmnh.org...

That source does nothing to explain why it is a hoax. It uses the same tactic as others in this thread have used: keep your eyes closed and mock anything that challenges the contemporary paradigm.

originally posted by: Kandinsky

My main reason for saying 'fake' is that they've been EXTINCT for more time than humans have ever existed on Earth - millions of years. It's a good rule-of-thumb to dismiss all videos as fake when they feature animals that have been extinct for so long that they wouldn't even have parents.

As is the reason that many dismiss such videos... but what if dinosaurs aren't as old as we think?

Pterosaur Shot Down Pic 1

Pterosaur Shot Down Pic 2

Pterosaur Shot Down Pic 3

Pterosaur Shot Down Pic 4

Pterosaur Found/Shot Down

I've said this before but its now getting lost in the middle of the thread, but check this out Dragons were Dinosaurs
edit on 10-9-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Cool video and it's pretty well done too, good enough to go viral. I honestly can't tell if that's CGI or a mechanical model.

It looks like a physical object until the diving part. That part suggests CGI because it's centre of balance would make a manoeuvre like that impossible. The way the wings move doesn't look real at all; Ray Harryhausen rises again....

My main reason for saying 'fake' is that they've been EXTINCT for more time than humans have ever existed on Earth - millions of years. It's a good rule-of-thumb to dismiss all videos as fake when they feature animals that have been extinct for so long that they wouldn't even have parents. Conjuring portals and inventing time-travel to explain how the vids can be real is too much effort.

Lovely video though

I wish more people should reply in this manner,

It's no wonder you deserve that Super ATS promotion
. It's really hard to tell isn't it, until the part where it is does the flip, it looks somewhat "unnatural", but can't be too sure myself.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Definitely fake, CGI or drone. When it flips its neck to look down or behind it? Aerodynamically it should have started to drop or descend, but this was still hovering like something was holding it up. Fake

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

i still think there's a possibility that a small number of these creatures survived in one way or the other, that's why we have cryptozoology and there are accounts of them surviving: Lock Ness Monster, Kongamato,Mokele Mbembe and of course we have the above mentioned coelacanth that is a pre historic creature that survived and with so many unexplored areas of our planet both in water and land who knows what we will find?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
not going to say its not posible for this to exsist but the vid is cgi

the dip it make its wings rotate downward problem with this is if the wings function as the should its flying so they so

it should of imidiataly gone down into a dive there is absolutaly no way for it to recover to the same high in the way it did in the vid

wish it was real but that one thing makes it imposible

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace
Definitely fake, CGI or drone. When it flips its neck to look down or behind it? Aerodynamically it should have started to drop or descend, but this was still hovering like something was holding it up. Fake

The thing is, we don't commonly observe the flight of a pterodactyl/pteranodon, so we don't know what it would look like in flight. It would be different from a bird because it does not have feathers.... So just because the flying motion seems strange, does not make it fake.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MegaSpace

Good analysis
, yeah on closer looks as though there was this unnatural motion when as if something, it's probably CGI, after seeing the video again.

But it was fun none the less...hehehe.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Dinosaurs had feathers.
Good point in showing why it is fake.
Ask dinosaur folk and they say they had feathers.
I saw a vid asking dinosaur dudes about the new jurassic movie and they all said they should have feathers.
Thus proving the vid is a fake.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join