It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Greetings everybody I'd like to bring your attention to a little early access gem that I found on Steam. Well the devolpment team consists of just the one guy as far as I know, the work speaks for itself regardless.
He seems to genuinely want to do a superb job of the game by working with his follower base that is quickly building and also devoting lots of his time to fixing bugs. If i remember correctly one of the earlier dev. blogs discussed how this game was his fulltime job now.

It's a rts/fps where you control your executive at first and build more units that you can control and command and lead into battle. It features a huge tech tree to equip your various units which fall into categories such as infantry, tanks, air, walkers and spec ops. You equip your units with various different weapon types and armor and other combat/support specialities. You must supply all your buildings with power especially your iron extractors and also defend them at all costs. Your main building cannot be destroyed. You win by eliminating the opposing executive which typically you must move in with infantry into his/her base and maraud the office. But if the exec. is player he could be sneaky and bugger off somewhere else but which would neglect his base and unit building since he needs to c9nnect neurally to his base computer.

While no campaign (yet?), single and multiplayer skirmishes are available to play in the current version the story seems to go that you are the executive lf a company that exploits planets for resources and you must fight to dominate them all. There are i think 7 maps so fsr.

This is a very proud addition to my library and i hope the same for all you as well.
edit on 10-9-2015 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beautyofperil
I as well have this game on Steam. Admittedly I have some complaints about the crystals, but the game is executed very well. The developer is very responsive having commented on a screenshot I uploaded and responds to the forums. The main problem is the lack of people playing though I hope more people come to learn of its existence such as here.If you'd like you can add me on Steam, soldier6661111. Hope that's not against T&C if so I shall remove. The graphics are rather good, perhaps not sharp but it is an indie game as well as a massive world when viewed from the robots perspective. I remember once as the CEO I had to abandon office and go to the Robot Factory in order to create troops to take out assassins or running to the Security Room to continue operations and using all my resources on force fields and in door turrets. I had no more resources being gained as the enemy took them all. But one was left standing but disconnected so I secretly took it back and made an assassin team and successfully took the AI CEO.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Sure the crystals can be tedious but i find its like rise of nations in that special rare resources are a ****** ****** ********** to get and hold to but it makes the game better i find.

Also this is still early for this game that problem ive seen repeated so i wonder what will come of it?

I hope it becomes an outpost necessity.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beautyofperil

In the forums of the game on Steam I actually made a post of my own idea. If you'd like to read it then it should be titled New Crystal System. Something like that. In short I dont think crystals should appear at the start of the match but rather spread by rare meteor showers all over very rarely and perhaps not in every game (yes that rare). I simply hate the rush is all. And if you failed to get them the game is basically lost.

EDIT: Anyways I'll end up playing as an Executron when those appear.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Seems really cool! I wonder if my labtop can run it. First person and RTS !
edit on 11-9-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
Yes it needs way more players! Add me on steam if you want to play
soldier6661111

top topics

join