It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New images from New Horizons: Pluto is a beautiful new mystery!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo
a reply to: ArMaP

so... we actually will never know how those places looks in real colors? even low resolution real colors... so they spend all budget and cant include one simple cam of size of my watch so we can back on Earth see the place the way we will see it over there? hmm... ok

We've already seen some low-rez colour images, and will undoubtedly see high-rez colour images. Be patient.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

did You mean this joke pic?

or this other joke pic?

to be honest i am waiting last, let say 25 years for some more cool stuff from Moon... but no cool s**t is coming. why?
i bet You having the right answer

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Fancy some sprinkles and a flake for your lick. That lolly is a very long way away though.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

so... we actually will never know how those places looks in real colors? even low resolution real colors... so they spend all budget and cant include one simple cam of size of my watch so we can back on Earth see the place the way we will see it over there? hmm... ok

You are aware that all pictures taken by spacecrafts and telescopes are black and white?? This has been discussed here on ATS multiple times and explained why all of those pictures are this way. Even recent picture of earth from million miles away actually was not taken in color, or for example Hubble images are not really taken in color.

hubblesite.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for pictures, it is really nice to see them, such high details. It still looks like very mysterious place...
edit on 11-9-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Doesn't it make you sad to think of how little money is being spent on space exploration, as compared to, for example, weaponry? This is the last probe for about eight years, if I remember correctly. Having two a year would be much better.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Baddogma

Odd isn't it
I licked a 4 billion old meteorite it tastes of Iron lol.
I wonder what pluto tastes like?.

It tastes like "OUCH!"

The first taste would be cold and slightly salty.

The next taste would be blood.

The next taste would be nothing because your tongue would be in pieces like glass.

Do not taunt Pluto. Do not taste Pluto.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Odd isn't it

It tastes like "OUCH!"

The first taste would be cold and slightly salty.

The next taste would be blood.

The next taste would be nothing because your tongue would be in pieces like glass.

Do not taunt Pluto. Do not taste Pluto.

Perhaps we should change the terminology from dwarf planets to "happy fun ball" planets?

edit on 11-9-2015 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: darkbake

If I could pick an after life it would be zipping around the universe seeing it all in awe for eternity.
I'm so jealous of the future of humanity who may even set foot on pluto.

You might like this app:

If you have a speedy graphics card you can get lost for hours.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

your post is real joke

i bet You eat all they put in You. they have # color pics made by the same cameras like those HD pics in one(two) color and You still eat it? uh.... sorry

now just attack my sanity

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

" Even recent picture of earth from million miles away actually was not taken in color"....
funny You. there is actually no real pic of Earth by now.... if there is just please show US one.... thank You xx

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

" Even recent picture of earth from million miles away actually was not taken in color"....
funny You. there is actually no real pic of Earth by now.... if there is just please show US one.... thank You xx

Not sure what they feed you, but I would be alarmed and think twice before next meal...

Where have you been month ago??

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I don't think it's budget preventing this but bandwidth and time. I'd rather they send a bunch of monochrome images than 1 color image.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernComfort

so i can send pic of my Arse in any form by "0" and "1" code and Nasa can't? hahaha
(people are more stupid then people can imagine)

by the way i am flight mechanic... electricity and special devices for plains and helicopters... so so.
something is smelling to high heaven here with NASA xx like always xx

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

mannnnnnn!!!! it is comuter made pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no f****ng reality here. i am sorry, but please can You bring some real pic? PLEASE!!!
edit on 11-9-2015 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

What, no monoliths or cities?

maybe theyre the outdoorsy nature loving types lol

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hey, does anyone remember that MORON who was all over YouTube claiming that there "is no way possible" that we actually flew by Pluto? Hopefully that guy has never reproduced. Because, seriously. Man, these pictures are amazing. Just breathtaking. And the best is yet to come!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Odd isn't it

Better than Uranus, I assure you. (Sorry, someone had to do it.)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

There's always one guy who just can't help but be a tool. Tell ya what, how about YOU design and launch something that can fly by Pluto and take perfect true color photographs then return them to Earth? Yeesh. . .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

what education do You have? ... did You even read what i write?
"fly by Pluto and take perfect true color photographs then return them to Earth?" hahahaha
NASA can't do that was my point my ATS friend

take Your time xx

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

There's always one guy who just can't help but be a tool. Tell ya what, how about YOU design and launch something that can fly by Pluto and take perfect true color photographs then return them to Earth? Yeesh. . .
As well as doing loads of science in the space of a few hours? And then transmitting all that data dozens of AU back to Earth? Pretty pictures do not equal science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join