It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard repatriated Thousands of refugees back to Cuba & Haiti already this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Published on Sep 9, 2015
MOBILE, AL (WALA) -
After FOX10 NRight now, Barney said the immigrants are in the custody of USCG District Seven, which handles Cuban repatriation. He expects the migrants will be taken back to Cuba very soon.
"We tried to repatriate them quickly, we don't like to delay the process at all," said Barney.

why so haste? why not even give them a change to petition for refugee status, especially after taking them into custody of USCG as 'immigrants'?!

The number of Haitian migrants trying to reach the United States by crossing the Florida Straits has dropped sharply in 2015, according to Coast Guard figures. During the agency’s 2014 fiscal year, beginning Oct. 1, 2013, 5,585 Haitians landed in the United States, were intercepted, or turned back at sea, said Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Ryan Doss.

again, why intercept them and turn them back to see? what if all european countries start to 'intercept and turn back to sea' most/all refugee boats?!

www.usatoday.com...
Cubans rush to U.S. shores before easy entry ends

President Obama and Cuban President Raúl Castro move to end more than a half-century of estranged relations. The new wave of rafters stems from word-of-mouth rumors in a nation with virtually no Internet access that the preferential immigration status for Cubans will soon end. The result has been a flood of voyages that has forced the U.S. Coast Guard to step up efforts to intercept the "rafters" and return them to Cuba. As of June 1, guardsmen have picked up 1,864 Cubans at sea this year.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
With the embargo ending in Cuba, why would these people leave? We didn't just cave in did we? Lol

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They want to come here, start a US based company, and use their Cuban people back home as workers for cheap labor on import/export from Cuba....its the American way! Now is the time to strike and take advantage of it!
edit on 9/10/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There are several legal means of coming to the US and entering most other countries in the world. Boarding a boat and attempting to violate the borders of a sovereign nation is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why don't we turn back and deport the people who walk in trough the desert from Mexico?
Is there something different because they are coming in on a raft?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

From what I've read, if they reach shore and aren't in custody they're allowed to file paperwork to stay. That's why when you see video of a raft coming in they meet them in the water.

I don't know how right that is, but I've read it in several places.

The wet feet/dry feet policy. It was done with Cuba so I'm not sure how it applies to others. If they're caught at sea they are returned to Cuba or a third party. If they reach US soil they're allowed to stay and get their citizenship after a year.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9/10/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/10/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
There are several legal means of coming to the US and entering most other countries in the world. Boarding a boat and attempting to violate the borders of a sovereign nation is not one of them.

I agree with the most part. But (and there is always at least one) the people of Cuba have a special amnesty with US Immigration. They are the only people that can become immediate citizens under law. All they have to do is set foot on the US soil anywhere and state they are fleeing the Cuban tyranny and they are automatic citizens ( of course Clinton's admin totally disregarded this in the case of Elián González)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
It does not apply to any other except Cuba.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JHumm

From what I've read, if they reach shore and aren't in custody they're allowed to file paperwork to stay. That's why when you see video of a raft coming in they meet them in the water.

I don't know how right that is, but I've read it in several places.

The wet feet/dry feet policy. It was done with Cuba so I'm not sure how it applies to others. If they're caught at sea they are returned to Cuba or a third party. If they reach US soil they're allowed to stay and get their citizenship after a year.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

so just block their path.. if they're sinking, and attempt to swim to shore, literally grab them out of the water? or make them drown?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

Obviously you didn't bother to read the link or what I said. At sea or before they reach shore they're taken into custody and returned to Cuba or a third party nation. If they reach shore then after a year they're granted citizenship.

top topics

join