It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do not call yourselves Christians any more.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

That's a good question. I'm trying to get to the root of it myself. First, we had the Donald reinciting immigrant fears with Mexicans and now we have this issue. It's ludicrous. It's why I dread when the media cycle comes back around to harping on ISIS...

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I do believe you are one of the people that the OP was talking about.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Why only Christians, though?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And I do believe you and the OP are being childish and naive.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: muse7

You're an idiot.

Do you let every stranger you see into your house? Didn't think so. What about the other Middle Eastern countries? Why is it ok for them to refuse refugees?

Why are 72% of the refugees fighting aged males? It would be one thing to take in women, children and the elderly, but all those men that abandoned their own country? It shows their level of integrity. They should be back in Syria fight ISIS to the death. That's what you do when people invade your home.

Christians didn't displace these people. Muslims did, and muslims continue to reject their own brothers and sisters.

You can shut your mouth now. Thanks in advance.

Exodus 22:21
Verse Concepts
"You shall not wrong a stranger or oppress him, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:33-34
Verse Concepts
'When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. 'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Romans 15:7 ESV

Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

1 Peter 4:9 ESV /

Show hospitality to one another without grumbling

Leviticus 19:33-34 ESV

“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Exodus 23:9 ESV

“You shall not oppress a sojourner. You know the heart of a sojourner, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt.

I could go on you want more?.

You have proved the OP's point.
edit on 10-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Why only Christians, though?

They are the primary targets of ISIS and the last to receive any aid distributed by Islamic groups. Nobody gives a crap about them, especially the US Administration.

Leave them there to die. It is up to us to use private donations to get them out. The longer they are there, the more risk of being murdered and enslaved. They are being "Marked" for persecution (kind of like the yellow stars in Nazi Germany) with the "Mark of the Nazarene").

The longer we wait, the more will be killed.

There is one step that the U.S. government could take if it wished. It could give Christian refugees from Syria a leg up on resettlement by granting them status as a "priority 2" or "P-2" class -- "groups of special humanitarian concern identified by the U.S. refugee program," according to the government.

P-2 groups have long included Jews, evangelical Christians, and Ukrainian Catholic and Orthodox religious adherents from what used to be the Soviet Union, as well as dissidents from Cuba and a variety of religious minorities in Iran. It also included Vietnamese refugees until 2009 and Bosnian refugees during the 1990s-era civil war. It now includes Iraqis who helped United States military or diplomatic efforts after the Iraq War, as well as certain Burmese, Bhutanese and Congolese refugees.

So far, no group from Syria, Christians or otherwise, has been granted this status.
edit on 10-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Says the man who uses religion to pass judgment on others, jesus would be so proud of you.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

somebody have a beef against syrians??

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Pretty sure we played a part in displacing these people.

But how very Christian of you.

So because they are being rejected by other Muslim countries we should reject them also, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Childish? This coming from the guy who just got done calling the OP an idiot? Lol. "Hey kettle, this is pot. You are black!"

I bet you believe that immigrants and refugees bring crime with them too.

But hey, your post is just a textbook example of a hypocritical Christian and that's why I said that you are one of the people that the OP was talking about. Instead of offering a hand to help these people in need (like your religion asks of you), it's excuses and insults to the person calling you out.
edit on 10-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Actually, mostly Muslims are being targeted. But I understand what you're saying.

What about the Central and South American Christians that are already here?

Humanity needs to outgrow its tribalism instincts, in my opinion. Undo makes a good point that it is difficult for people to be welcoming of "others". Yet, yesterday I saw a video of an orangutan who has decided to be a surrogate for a bunch of tiger cubs....playing with them. Koko the gorilla loved her kitten, and grieved when it died.

The elephant tribe who lived on the preserve trekked miles and miles when the man who had been their caretaker died....to come to pay their respects. How did they know? Doesn't matter.

A dog was discovered nursing a little boy who had been abandoned.

But humans can't seem to manage learning to get along. Disturbing.

As for BELIEVERpriests allegations of "childish and naive", perhaps if we were ALL a little more 'child-like' and left our preconceived notions behind, we could, like little children do, accept the 'new kids' in class, make friends with them, and then move forward together.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

ahh you bring up another good point. they come from cultures where certain acts are not criminal acts but ARE criminal acts in europe. i wonder how many of them are currently serving time and the state is using them as free slave labor. this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

globalists suck.
edit on 10-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Those strangers are entering lands that have laws about immigration. They aren't just passing through. If you want to bitch about someone, blame the government officials that started this war. The ones who invaded sovereign nations and funded terrorists. Christians didn't start this mess and Christians have no legal authority to fix this mess.

Why don't you do something to help? Or do you think slandering Christians is a public service in itself?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

ahh you bring up another good point. they come from cultures where certain acts are not criminal acts but ARE criminal acts in europe. i wonder how many of them are currently serving time and the state is using them as free slave labor. this whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Yet, statistically, crime is STILL higher among natives than these immigrants.

globalists suck.

Why? Because you don't like having to put in the effort to get along with people who may have a different culture than you?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So is it just Christians you're ranting against? Granted, it's each and every one of them, the overwhelming majority you've never laid eyes on, much less had a conversation with. But hey, the broad brush makes hating easier doesn't it?

Anyway, just curious if you're confining your bashing to Christians specifically or organized religion as a whole or what.

Being that you're so obviously an expert on people you've never met or spent any time with, I'm sure this is an easy question to answer.

link   

i lived in an area where i was the minority. it's not any nicer for the immigrants than it is for the natives. it's a disservice to all involved. the whole thing.

link   

Christians didn't start this mess and Christians have no legal authority to fix this mess.

Ummm.....
George W Bush "started this mess" - he said God told him to do so.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Overall, A hate thread.

link   
Firsr of all no one knows what jesus would do in every situation. He was a man of peace but he also brought a sword and came to set mother against father, brother against brother. Have you read any of his words and really thought about them? JESUS is not who we think he was or is....let that sink in a while. Even those closest to him for 3.5 yrs had hardly a clue what he was about and he chastised them for it.

Some interesting things about Jesus, strictly from the bible.

When he was 12 he put his mom in her place by saying "didnt you know i should be about my fathers business?"

When he was almost killed by his own people who attempted to throw him off a cliff he disappeared(escaped).

He may have spent some time in Egypt as a young boy, his parents took him there to escape Herods infanticide.

He warned sick people not to tell anyone he healed them on occasion.

He went into the temple and cracked a bullwhip at the money changers in the temple and he turned all of their tables over and made a complete wreck of the place.

He told Peter to pay the tax for himself and Jesus from money found in a fish, but only after Peter had pressed him about it.

He was friends and hung out with the lowest people of society....and he was friends and dined with the richest and most prestigious.

He appears to have been himself against organized religion in reference to his conversation to the woman at the well.

He didnt tell anyone what to call themselves......especially not Christians....that was a derogatory term applied to christs followers later on by Romans.

His followers were called the "people of the Way".....for Jesus called himself the WAY, the truth and the life.....

Soooo.....what would jesus do for the refugees? This same Jesus who was beholden to no man, especially to no political correctness, who said he came not to bring peace but division? I honestly dont know......but heres one thing i DO know.....

I am not here to be a doormat for ANYONE to wipe their dirty feet on........no one. The new testamemt also says that if a man does not work he should not eat. Thats pretty harsh. All animals work their butts off all day just to make it to the next one.....humans have figured a way out of that and it hasnt been good for us. Also......people with familys have a dreadful and sacred duty to protect their families FIRST as long as it does not violate someone else. Now.....if i work and have food to feed my family and no one else.....what kind of person would i be if i withheld from my family to give that food to someone else?

Alot of people are rightly concerned about the ramifications of not just the number of people, but for people like me the CHARACTER of the people who are coming. Many of us are very reasonable and intelligent people who have been around the block a few times and have perhaps personal experience with opportunists, users and abusers. I can smell BS a mile away........and this influx of refugees stinks to high heaven.

Ive said it before and ill say it again.....the only logical solution to a genuine humanitarian crisis is women and children FIRST and the fathers of those families. The rest, ESPECIALLY young healthy men should do what young healthy men have always done historically in hard times.......fight to protect their homeland and their people.

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have stated many times that I am not against Immigration but we cannot have unrestricted illegal immigration.

We must secure our borders period. We must identify and deport violent criminals.

For those here, we have to provide Work Visas for those working with the option of either citizenship or renewal and actually enforce it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join