It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please do not call yourselves Christians any more.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I wouldn't say all or nearly all but a growing number joining the screechers that bully their way onto the national scene via political, social, educational and medical spheres.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
... ..
notice how the emphasis is to create additional tension by using it as a political football? that's cause the ultra rich want that to happen.

And here we have our million pound answer.

Ask not what is in the news but why.

Divide and conquer.... divide and conquer.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

To you and the other useless hate posters I say simply "Put up or shut up".

What are YOU doing because many of us are trying desperately to save people from this insanity. There is a fight right now with the US State Department because interestingly enough, they don't want us to migrate Christians here! We are spending our own money to do this! What the hell are you guys doing?

(Yes, it has gotten to the point where there is talk of flying Christian Refugees to Mexico and "Walking Them" over the border.)

now.mercuryone.org...

WHERE ARE THE RESCUED REFUGEES GOING TO END UP? We hope to be able to bring many of them to the United States. However, the United States remains closed to Christian refugees. Meanwhile, a number of European and South American countries have agreed to provide a limited number of VISAS to those we help evacuate.

WHAT WILL THE MONEY BE USED FOR? Donations to The Nazarene Fund will be used to resettle Christian families who have been displaced by conflict in the Middle East, primarily at the hands of ISIS. Should it become impossible or impractical to resettle families, the contributions will be used to provide additional humanitarian support where they are forced to stay.

WHY DO YOU SAY “PRIMARILY AT THE HANDS OF ISIS?” While ISIS is the most influential – and perhaps most dangerous – group terrorizing Christians in the Middle East, it is not the only one. Other terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda, Al-Nusra, and less organized terrorist sympathizers have also caused enormous persecution against the ancient Christian communities in the Middle East. In fact the pro-longed genocide against Christians in Iraq dates back at least till 2004, and began at the hands of the ISIS’ predecessor, Al-Qaeda in Iraq.

YOU CALLED THIS “GENOCIDE” – DOES THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY RECOGNIZE IT AS SUCH? While the United States and the United Nations have refused to formally designate the ISIS threat against Christians and Yazidis as a “genocide,” a growing number of human rights activists and organizations are finding ISIS to be guilty of crimes against humanity, war crimes and genocide. The legal definition of “genocide” according to Article II of the United Nations’ 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide legally defines the term as any of the following acts committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethical, racial or religious group, as such: (1) killing members of the group (2) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group (3) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part (4) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group (5) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

THIS OBVIOUSLY SEEMS LIKE A GENOCIDE; SO WHY HAS THE U.S. AND UNITED NATIONS NOT RECOGNIZED IT AS SUCH? If genocide were formally declared, then it would trigger certain international mechanisms that are meant to protect the group under threat. Some human rights activists believe the United States fails to declare the ISIS threat against Christians and Yazidis as “genocide” because it would force the United States government to be more involved in providing direct assistance to them. Presently, the United States government’s response has been dismal, and especially so with regard to the ancient Christian communities of the Middle East. Here, you can read additional information on what would automatically happen if the United Nations were to declare this a genocide, as well as specific evidence of genocidal acts by ISIS against Christians and Yazidis.

edit on 10-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

sadly, that is not the reason the government is inviting them to immigrate to our nation. are you caucasian? prepare to take the dirt nap with the rest of us, to pay for the sins of some ultra rich globalists.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: undo

Read your posts here, undo.

Here's the thing about merging cultures - if both parties don't even TRY to understand one another, to become sensitive to the things the other culture feel are important (like, food, shelter, water, etc) then it doesn't work.

OTOH, if people sit down and talk, and LISTEN to one another, it can work.
The Native Americans were "forced to assimilate" and nearly exterminated entirely due to "culture clash." It's barbaric and wholly unnecessary.

This is why I say education is the answer.

When I was reading this thread, I was applying it in my mind to American Christians who consider anyone south of our border to be "aliens". I have absolute contempt for anyone who is rabidly anti-immigrant to the point that they refuse to see the pain, the suffering, the REASONS for why anyone would flee their own home, but rather want to either shoot them at the border, or capture and "send them back" to the place they risked their lives to escape.

As muse7 so deftly pointed out, this nation was STOLEN from those who already lived here. Well - news flash - the people of Central and South America WERE HERE FIRST. We stole it from them. And now, no sharing? No saying, "Hey, I got us all set up here, c'mon up, we can make it!"

THAT is how this nation got settled to begin with. (Well, that and refugees who were forced to flee their homelands due to tyranny, starvation, etc). My own ancestors were Europeans who were forced to flee their homelands to survive.

There is far more "christianity" in sitting down with someone who drags their weary butt to your doorstep and asks for help than to just say "you don't speak my language, or dress like me, or arrange your house like me, so GTFO!!"

Disgraceful. And even worse - those coming from south of our border are nearly all CATHOLICS. CHRISTIANS. Catholics are Christians.

But, if no-one in this country is wise enough to open their arms for those in need, to listen to their side of the story, well - then this country is indeed made up of a bunch of hypocritical, selfish, self-absorbed, IGNORANT people.

I blame the lack of education worldwide. It is a travesty par excellence.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is what made America great.

Sadly we've turned into a nation of hate-spewing fear mongers. We've lost our empathy and we've lost our soul.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Your thread has little to do with Christianity and mostly a rant against immigrants being unwelcomed whatever their destination.

Who are you to give others the title of non Christian?

We are mortals, not Gods, and are expected to make mistakes even whilw we walk in the Light of the Creator. We are loved for all of our wickedness and even when we stray from the path of right.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

but they aren't inviting them to give them shelter, they are inviting and indoctrinating them, to hate over 60% of the racial make-up and 70% of the religious make up (yeah that old fight between catholics and protestants) and 100% of the political make up. just as in europe, they are being used as an invading force to fundamentally change the nation, it's culture, and it's racial make up. this is deliberate, and i for one, am not blaming the immigrants. i'm putting the blame right where it belongs---on the globalists.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Yes, I am. A Caucasian. Whose furthest-back emigree ancestors sailed over here 400 years ago. That bloodline is of course mixed in now with all sorts of later-comers - German, Finnish, Irish, Scottish, English - ALL came here as refugees.

If they had not, I would not exist, let alone have to look forward to a "dirt nap."

Perhaps, however, you and I are talking about two different sets of immigrants....I speak of those coming up from the south. Dozens of whom I have come to know. Lovely people, hard-working, grateful, gracious, kind, humble, and don't ask for much.

As for ME refugees - I look at the Syrian children, the women, and my heart weeps for them. Their lives and psyches are already forever scarred by what they are innocently witnessing (the children, that is). The women's hearts are breaking.

In my city we have Asian, African (Somali, Sudanese, Ethiopian, Nigerian), Central/South American, and Middle-Eastern populations. Our city has not been blown up. Call it a "sanctuary city" if you want, but there is a well-established cross-cultural respect here. We all get along just fine....at least, those of us who are willing to sit down and talk.

We have, right here, several of the "Lost Boys" from Sudan. They are not infrequently interviewed on our local NPR shows - talking about how grateful they are. Their kids are doing things like having "pencil drives" so they can take the pencils back to schoolkids in their homelands. So they can MEET the people who they had to leave behind, sometimes when they were too young to recall.

It matters. Unless someone is vicious and violent from the beginning, I say, give them a chance. See what they have to offer. If they ask for education, GIVE IT TO THEM. Water, food, shelter, clothing.....a sense of safety and stability.

But Noooooooo, that's too much to ask of a population that are too comfortable to care.

edit on 9/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: sp

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
There seems to be a new narrative being pushed, and that narrative is to hate on other people that are fleeing war.

I agree with most of your OP except the above. This narrative is NOTHING new. Natives have been hating on refugees since forever.

I also disagree with you telling people that they aren't Christians. First, it's not just Christians spreading this intolerance. Second, there ARE Christians who are welcoming these people.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

not everything is a conspiracy.

not every Muslim is a secret ISIS agent coming to get you.

Well, this is a conspiracy site. Jokes on you.

edit on 10-9-2015 by boozo because: precisely

link   

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Unless of course you were black, or brown, or tan... then you were either enslaved or killed outright.. yes, give me your tired and your poor, so long as you are a white European that can help to build this nation into a white European one..

Well, now its built and we find we cannot feed the world without starving to death. To top it off we are much much less hateful a people than ever before in the history of this nation..

At some point the niceties must end, or we will... America is dying, industry is gone to countries like India and Mexico, now they have the jobs, and I am personally not willing for myself and my family to starve. What is left is for the people of this nation, black, brown, tan, or white.. but only for Americans. We cannot feed everyone, we are no longer the horn of plenty, if you didn't notice.

edit on 10-9-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   

You're an idiot.

Do you let every stranger you see into your house? Didn't think so. What about the other Middle Eastern countries? Why is it ok for them to refuse refugees?

Why are 72% of the refugees fighting aged males? It would be one thing to take in women, children and the elderly, but all those men that abandoned their own country? It shows their level of integrity. They should be back in Syria fight ISIS to the death. That's what you do when people invade your home.

Christians didn't displace these people. Muslims did, and muslims continue to reject their own brothers and sisters.

You can shut your mouth now. Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

it's not a matter of giving them a chance, it's a matter of human nature. they've already been migrating there for years now, in large numbers. there are thousands of videos about it on youtube, television shows, countless magazine and newspapers articles, police reports and citizen reviews about it and it hasn't been working. at all.

link   

We call these people the Christian EXTREMISTS!

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There seems to be a new narrative being pushed, and that narrative is to hate on other people that are fleeing war.

I agree with most of your OP except the above. This narrative is NOTHING new. Natives have been hating on refugees since forever.

I also disagree with you telling people that they aren't Christians. First, it's not just Christians spreading this intolerance. Second, there ARE Christians who are welcoming these people.

You're right Krazy and I do apologize about that because there are a lot of good Christians left that are running charities and practicing what Jesus preached. But a large percentage of Christians are just hypocrites.

What kind of sick and close minded person would hate on another person for fleeing a war torn country?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Oh look more xenophobia.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You say you're progressive? Well all I can say is that elections have consequences.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
somebody write an epitaph for europe. been nice. so long and thanks for all the fish.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The groups that love to label them selves as Christians are usually far right groups

Not necessarily. They might be left, right, or somewhere in between.

Einstein and Newton never dismissed religion but they also embraced it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

this guy ain't a christian

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join