It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone in a lucid dream ever told you to stay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
First off... a little background.

I lucid dream quite often. I work from 1:30PM EST to 10:00 pm. I usually don't go to sleep until about 2-3 am. My girlfriend wakes up around 7 so I halfway wake up then, then I fall back asleep. That's when I lucid dream, after going back to sleep once I halfway wake up. A lot of times I try to continue the dream or make it up as I go.

About a year ago I had an interesting experience in my lucid dream. I was told by a girl not to go back. She told me not to wake up and that what I wake up to and live isn't real. She was whispering this to me in a room full of people.. a banquet esque setting. After this conversation occurred we sort of drifted away as my surroundings did... and I woke up. I was fully aware while talking to her that I was dreaming, and she knew it too. I got the sense that she knew everything that goes on while I'm awake but she pleaded that I stay with her and that it wasn't completely real (it was odd that she didn't infer it was all completely fake).

Had anyone ever had a conversation like this in a lucid dream with someone before?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I don't have conversations in my dream most of the time, it's just like telepathic who ever I interect with in the dream state know what I am thinking and am also aware myself.

Mostly hand gestures, like pointing in a certain direction that the guide wants me to go to or person I need to see etc. But no real conversation.

Your dream is interesting though, so what was your understanding of what she meant for you to stay? It can mean anything to anyone, but it was meant for you.

Peace

edit on 10-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ive had that dream before. It usually involves some pretty woman and me in a loving situation and then I wake up. Then I get mad and feel a sense of loss and longing. Probably subconscious stuff your thinking about. Or something that you desire in your life your missing or feeling lost.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

I don't have conversations in my dream most of the time, it's just like telepathic who ever I interect with in the dream state know what I am thinking and am also aware myself.

Mostly hand gestures, like pointing in a certain direction that the guide wants me to go to or person I need to see etc. But no real conversation.

Your dream is interesting though, so what was your understanding of what she meant for you to stay? It can mean anything to anyone, but it was meant for you.

Peace

It was actually quite literal. As in, we were talking about how I knew I was in a dream.. and I was explaining to her that it wasn't real. She then straight up told me.. no.. I had it backwards. She said what happens when I wake up isn't completely real. She said there's more to it.. but she couldn't say. She pleaded with me not to wake up and to stay asleep.

When lucid dreaming I occasionally come across someone in the dream who knows.

When I say "knows" I mean they also know that the whole thing is a dream but are playing along anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The paradox here is that, we are conscious beings here having a physical dream or experience, so when we sleep and dream we actually awake from the physical dream and experience the real us.

When seen from that perspective, you understand why the people who we interact seem to know that we are dreaming, because that's what we'd normally think of what dreaming is. But as your guide mentioned it's really the other way around..

I have validated that idea time and time again with every dream I have, and it seems you are also confirming that perception as well.

edit on 10-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: corrections

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My lucid dreams have more been solitary. The ones where I am fully in control that is, I often find myself at a place I used to live. I am tied to that place for some reason, everything I knew a a child died there I suppose, and it is a very big lonely place, a timber yard. I find myself walking around the yard, among the timber packs.. The place is not there any more, every time I go past it I feel like a grave has been desecrated :/ and have not had a properly controlled lucid dream in years.

Mostly now I am aware of the dream, but it still has the 'safety' turned on haha.. and my brain is a sinister place at times..

Never had anyone talk to me though, so never been asked to stay. Too busy being attacked by alienesque animals who's sole intent of existence is to attack me !!! Oo

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Hey sn0rch, interesting read, just curious to know if you find any meaning in those dreams. The timber yard sounds like an eery place to dream about..haha.

Have you tried like speaking to someone in the dream and ask some "pressing" questions and see how they respond..

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Nothing is real or only a dream.

That sentence came to me once in a lucid dream I had years ago. Maybe there is something to it.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You are describing what I call "the second sleep."
I do it as a habit pretty often and it definitely seems to lead to lucid dreams.
Sleep for about 5 hours and then wake up for an hour or so and then go back to sleep for an hour or so.
This is where I have the most lucid dreams.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I've only had 1 lucid dream and I've always wanted another. I'll try the second sleep thing which, I do accidentally all the time!! Ha ha! I suffer from insomnia quite frequently.

In my 1 lucid dream, many intense things happened that are with me to this day but for brevity I'll skip them. I remember wanting to fly, so I flew off. I saw a beautiful girl (blond, I'm attracted to brunettes?) so I flew down and we instantly became consumed in a passionate embrace and had sex. It was the most bizarre experience to watch and control myself in this state, the dream not just the sex, afterwards, she was very happy and was shouting something to me as I flew off but I only heard the last thing she said, "its not real" I always thought she was talking about the sex but maybe she was saying something else? Crazy but your op reminded me of it. I really wish I'd have payed more attention. Cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Maybe you've been listening to this song lately.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes I have, and more than once.

I was told NOT to go back on one occasion. But for some reason all I wanted was to wake up after that.
On a more recent occasion, I was in a field and the sky was very vibrant with colours. I seen 4 beings, that made me think of aliens. My body started feeling completely drained and I could feel my heart beating slower. It felt like my body was about to die. The beings asked me to stay with them. I swear I could feel my body dying as these beings asked me to stay.
It really freaked me out and made myself snap out of sleep....

Champix is a hell of a drug lol. I can still remember a handful of very lucid dreams I had while trying to quit smoking and was taking champix. Every night I was looking forward to going to sleep because of the dreams I was having

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
You are describing what I call "the second sleep."
I do it as a habit pretty often and it definitely seems to lead to lucid dreams.
Sleep for about 5 hours and then wake up for an hour or so and then go back to sleep for an hour or so.
This is where I have the most lucid dreams.

Exactly!

It's so odd during a lucid dream.. when the dream realizes you know your dreaming. Sometimes it purposefully works against you. As in.. you try and manifest something or cause a certain scenario. . And it blocks you.. even while you know you can do whatever you want.

It's extremely odd though in this scenario where the other... "characters" in your dream mention the awake world. It's one thing if you reference it.. but when it comes from another entity in your dream and it's cognizant if your dream state.. that's a bit freaky

top topics

join