It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universal language exist.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

I don't doubt it. I quiet lack in knowledge of ancient civilizations, in all of them. But it would be arrogant to say that we have explored every caves, and found every symbols that the ancients were using, that's all. And there's also what we hide from us. Even with the facts, you can't confirm there's no universal language, that's what I'm defending.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

because from your perspective, zero already existed thousands of years earlier

With another meaning, that's what I think. Let's just take a solar eclipse, what do you see in the sky when it's full? A ring O, this symbol can relate to an eclipse, dark days, misfortune, etc. There's a lot of interpretation of a solar eclipse and they all can be related with the O symbol because it's the pattern it takes in the sky. You thought I was referring to 0 with the meaning it has today.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pouilleux

The symbol of a circle or ellipse is not same as the concept of zero. You cannot relate the two and then say you were not actually relating them.....

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It was telepathy, higher humans in the solar system and then the great fall, which basically meant depopulation, planets taken out by dark side saturn and its demonic henchmen. And labs. Forming lower human slaves.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pouilleux
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

I don't doubt it. I quiet lack in knowledge of ancient civilizations, in all of them. But it would be arrogant to say that we have explored every caves, and found every symbols that the ancients were using, that's all. And there's also what we hide from us. Even with the facts, you can't confirm there's no universal language, that's what I'm defending.

The Sumerian numeral system was, I believe, base 60. This is why there are 360 degrees in a full circle and 24 hours in a day (among other things that are numerically odd in our modern measures).

As such, doing math with it was damn near impossible.

They also didn't have a concept of Pi, the natural logarithm, the Fibonacci sequence or many modern mathematical ideas. but that was OK as they really didn't need them to farm their food and maintain social order.

If you strip away all the nonsense everyone says about the Sumerians and look at things truthfully, the pinnacle of their technical achievement was the mud brick.

edit on 10/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Theoretically if everything there is or ever will be can be described, that language is known as the theory of everything, and is being worked on by science as we speak.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

How can a Universal language exist if you're not even Universal yourself. Perhaps, not even international.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
For the last time, I don't pretend that the 0 had the meaning of the 0 in the sumerian or older time. Just that it existed in another meaning, in another language than mathematics, is that so hard to understand? Heck we just have to look at the iris to see this form O. It sure won't be interpreted as a void or null for sure...

The Sumerian numeral system was, I believe, base 60. This is why there are 360 degrees in a full circle and 24 hours in a day (among other things that are numerically odd in our modern measures).

That's interesting, I didn't know that.

How can a Universal language exist if you're not even Universal yourself. Perhaps, not even international.

How can you know we aren't universal?

The symbol of a circle or ellipse is not same as the concept of zero. You cannot relate the two and then say you were not actually relating them.....

That's what I'm trying to tell: the symbol existed before the sumerian reign, but with another meaning.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
We have several universal languages, some examples are:
Music
Body
Math

In my mind, the symbols that form all the languages today derived from sounds uttered out of our mouths and body language which we wrote down and then appeared as pictures or symbols. Then of course we had to apply semantics to all of it.

leolady

top topics

<< 1   >>

join