It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccans cutting holes in circle boundary ????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Cutting a hole so others can leave is not an old practice.
A Wicca trained high priestess wants to get away from doing that because she's realizing it's not traditional, but she can't get her mind wrapped around the idea that calling in quarters and having this unbroken circle because she thinks it has power. She's simply trying to understand THE OLDER WAYS and I am simply asking for some assistance in how I can explain this to her in a way that she can make sense of. I was hoping some ATS member had in depth knowledge of the subject - unbroken circles is quite heavy with high magic of king soloman, as well as branches leeching into what we know today as new-age pagan.

With that, you would not want the salt line to be broken because the spirit has an entry into your circle - not unlike having a hole in your circle if someone leaves makes it open for the evil to come in. The ancient Gaelic peoples knew nothing of king soloman and high magic.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I will personally hand you $10,000 if you can prove that magic is real. That goes for any one who wishes to participate.

a reply to: NewzNose

I saw one of your rants where someone challenged you to come to Europe to experience a real demonic ritual but you backed down. What makes this new claim any different?

EDIT LATER: I believe you promised one million dollars?
edit on 10-9-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Greetings and Health,
I never dug the 'cutting the little doorway' method. A ceremonial magician will spend a good hour or more just preparing the circle ceremonially (that is to say, not including preparations of the area prior to the ritual proper - e.g. floorcloths, tape, chalk, whatever, etc), so yes, I've always held that it f*cks up all that astral energy in the area that was only recently prepared just to simply cut through it all because someone drank too much coffee before the working and has to take a piss.
This stuff can't be taken lightly.

Of course, some will respond that all of the banishings, consecrations, etc., of the area and of the practioners themselves shall prevent unwanted energies from muddling things about - and that has proven in a majority of cases - but, it will diminish the energy of the circle thus erected - without a doubt.

In other words, I would only cut the door in the event of an emergency - and even then, it depends upon the type of working. For example, I would certainly not step out of the circle during an evocation (demonic, angelic, or what have you), because the risk is just too great. Read about the time Aleister Crowley was evoking a particularly formidable entity whose name I won't mention - the entity materialized, as expected, and being of a nature that isn't necessarily friendly to humans, literally kicked sand over the circle (because the evocation took place in a desert) and thus gained entry. Not good at all.
It is believed by many that Crowley and his partner in the working never fully recovered after being exposed to such hostile energy of that nature.

I consider the Greater Key of Solomon as the Gold Standard of Evocation (but as certainly not the minimum requirements for magickal practice/performance). If you or the High Priestess are looking for the roots of High Magic, as Wicca is an amalgamation of High Magic and folk religion, then give this book a glance along with standard material from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, as well as Aleister Crowley's Religion of Thelema: in all that rests a lively wealth of info that will help you make Wicca truly your own practice.

As an aside, of course, not every detail of Solomon's Great Grimoire must be followed to a T - but do have a look there and give an eye to Paul Huson's 'Mastering Witchcraft' - you will see how much was lifted from the Greater Key of Solomon - and all to good effect; 'Mastering Witchcraft' is an excellent resource.

Yours in LVX,
-Kissy

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Cutting a hole in a typical circle is fine, cause a typical circle is not dealing with heavy stuff for the most part. It's more of a get together and prayer circle type thing.

If you plan for heavy work, then no holes allowed. Pee in a cup. I don't want something getting in because you can't hold it. A circle is a container, keeping things in, and out. Like a sub. Yes, you can exit a sub at dept, but would you want to risk it?

As for history, I gained my right to run circles by reading over fifty books on the nature of magic and the history of wicca written by the founders of the craft. Everything by Gardner, and Starhawk, and Leland, and bucky. I then had to write a paper on what I had learned, what it meant, and how to pass that on, and submit it to people that actual knew and trained with them.

Today many of the fluffy bunny types think you can do anything you wish, combine any system, use any god, etc. And that's just not the case. For example, if a god of a certain religion says no to majick, yet because you were raised in his religion and can't break from it, you try to use him in you work, it probably won't end well. Just saying, if that God over the centuries has told his followers no to something, who are you to say they, and by extension that God, are wrong?

Back on target, to reveal history break out the books written by the founders. Show the history, in their own words and ideas behind it. True students will learn, others will fall away.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kissy princess

Thank you for a nice reply.
But she is trying to get out of wicca and follow a more traditional path. Her brain is just having difficulty in coming to terms with it.

She's stuck in wiccan ways. And has asked me to help her understand that these things are not based on the pre-christian beliefs of the isles.

I simply lack the time to put forth to read about multitude of books about other religions so that I can explain where exactly all these things stem from - that's what I'm looking for.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I will personally hand you $10,000 if you can prove that magic is real. That goes for any one who wishes to participate.

a reply to: NewzNose

For this spell to work, put the envelop with the 10,000 in my left pocket. Turn around and wait as I recite the magical incantation. Abraca-Cheezit...... *runs away into the sunset*

Magic !

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

This was a nice reply too, but has missed the mark.
We are not doing wicca new-age stuff, and she is trying to understand that the wicca way is not traditional.
There are no books for traditional.
And I don't have the desire to read about all these other religions - I basically don't know where the idea originated from "the cone of power" and all that. So that is what I am seeking.... a nicely explained study of where this stuff came from originally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join