It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Book of Waco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is from the Houston Chronicle, what I would consider the first big mainstream source to cover this angle of the story.

The title of the OP is how one lawyer who is representing one of the couples who were rounded up on May 17th, 2015 in a massive operation that included local, state, and federal level law enforcement characterized the use of law in a scenario that has been spun from the beginning to paint those in authority in the most favorable light while also making sure that the image of those whom this was perpetrated upon were made to seem as if they were all members of tier 2 gangs as defined by the Texas Gang Threat Assessment. (direct .pdf link)

"I am spending all of my hours shopping bookstore to bookstore for the Book of Waco," Looney said, "because the criminal procedures being followed in Waco are not in any of the $400,000 worth of books I have in my law library."

Sound of silence in Twin Peaks biker case drawing ire

What's more, is he is not the only legal professional to call out the establishment:

"Any time a prosecutor's office or a politician does not want people talking about something, one should raise a red flag and insist we talk about it," said Patrick Metze, a Texas Tech University School of Law professor. "They may say it is to protect the investigation, but they are protecting themselves from whatever it is that they don't want us to see or know about."

This idea is something many here on ATS have put forth as well as The Aging Rebel blog, a biker focused site that has written numerous articles about the situation with an obvious biker-oriented slant; though much of the information they write about is well documented and verifiable.

As more (or actually less, as the case may be) information comes out, others outside the biker clique are beginning to question whether or not law enforcement were in the right in this circumstance.

You can believe that the big guns are rolling on this and the legal establishment in and around Waco, TX are circling the wagons:

Laurie Levenson, a former federal prosecutor who is a professor at Loyola Law School, in California, said that determining what happened at Twin Peaks is especially complicated because of the bulk of forensic, visual and other evidence as well as eyewitness accounts.

She also said that prosecutors will not try and convict everyone charged.

"Some of the people targeted as defendants will undoubtedly become witnesses," she said.

"The goal is to put enough pressure on people to cooperate and go after the key players," she continued. "They basically want everyone to feel the squeeze, so that they would rather cooperate than face trial."

"When you combine an extreme level of talent with an extreme level of moral crusade, you can get dangerous outcome, and that is what happened here," English's Houston lawyer, Paul Looney, said of the assistant district attorney spearheading the prosecutions.

Coercive tactics to try and get some to roll on others. The problem is, in this particular instance, there isn't an organized front to roll on. What there is is a collection of people who are enthusiastic about motorcycles that got caught in a web woven by several agencies that really shouldn't be experiencing this nightmare:

At a recent round of hearings here, a judge declined to throw out charges against a Brenham bank teller, Morgan English. She has no criminal record, and authorities conceded at the hearing that they didn't know of any witnesses who saw her take part in the melee.

This is the wife of the couple who were arrested and charged because they were "somewhat involved in criminal activity," and is now having to deal with the fallout from this event.

Instead of enjoying their lives, the people caught up in this debacle are having to deal with an aggressive and political DA who has one goal on his mind:

Charles Rose, a professor at Stetson Law School, in Florida, said the Twin Peaks case is illuminating the warts of a system that has to strike a balance when deciding who to charge.

Prosecutors appear to be stretching for the maximum of what they can do under the law, he said, to make things as painful as possible for the bikers.

"If you are a district attorney who is elected, and you have this shoot-out in your jurisdiction,"he said, "you cannot be perceived by the electorate as not dealing with the problem as strongly and appropriately as possible."

The aforementioned Aging Rebel blog goes even further with it's assertions:

Based on information supplied by various sources who believe their lives, careers and pensions are in actual danger and who have spoken with The Aging Rebel under conditions of either “off the record” or “deep background,” this page will continue to report that the Twin Peaks Massacre was the result of a contrived and avoidable confrontation between members of the Cossacks Motorcycle Club and the Bandidos Motorcycle Club. The Aging Rebel believes that the confrontation was engineered by and anticipated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the Texas Department of Public Safety and a Waco area law enforcement agency that was not the Waco Police Department. The Aging Rebel also believes that these police agencies, and possibly the Waco Police Department, began physically preparing for an armed confrontation to include the use of deadly force in the Twin Peaks restaurant parking lot at or before dawn on May 17. And finally, this page believes the Massacre was captured in its entirety by at least 44 video cameras.

The Twin Peaks Massacre Coverup

Are there criminal elements within the culture of those who ride?

Undoubtedly.

Just because you ride a motorcycle and associate with others who do, does that make you a criminal or otherwise worthy of contempt and derision?

Not in the slightest.