It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 3.01 - Let's Look at those Center For Medical Progress Planned Parenthood Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
know NY is kinda expensive for just liking to move around.

In many ways, it's real damn expensive. But take away the cost of a car, insurance, gas, and use a bike as often as possible, and it becomes doable. Also, there are many ways to eat/live inexpensively (aside from rent) that brings everything into the "It's Worth It" category.

Are there any hopes on your end that the show may be picked up by some sponsors?

We're just hoping for increased awareness right now.

Do you have to buy time at the studio or is that your set space for the duration?

We are among a select few YouTube content creators that have met certain criteria (nothing content related) that can use the space. It's free, and part of YouTube's effort to help content creators make better quality videos.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I always wonder WHY it would ever be a hard decision if everyone REALLY believes it is no different than removing a cyst.

We need to be trained better I guess, and educate women that if they have a miscarriage anytime before a set amount of weeks that it was not a human life anyways, so why all the grief.

And yes some sarcasm here, but SERIOUSLY, how does this make any sense ??

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Since the disposition of an aborted fetus is a state issue, in some states across the nation Planned Parenthood is under investigation .

As a result of the bogus CMP videos, yes, some states have begin investigations. But in each case, so far, no Planned Parenthood facilities were found to be illegally selling or transferring fetal tissue.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ha. I got so used to eating Ramen in my poor days it remains a regular meal even though I can afford better.

Being in NY may open some opportunities for the show. I think toning back the curse words was a good move.

With the free space do you get adequate time to fine tune the show?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I don't know what you are asking me here, how dose 'what' make any sense?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Since by principal I see abortion in general as baby killing,

It sure is because every single person knows that 'clump of cells' growing in a womb grows up into a living, breathing, thinking human being.

That one day just might come to ATS, and comment in a thread like this one by NLBS.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

No , thank you. I've had enough of PP vs the media.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Glad to see you guys are back. Glad to see the transition to New York is over and that it went well. It makes me excited to see NLBS and by extension, ATS, branch out. I wish you guys the best of luck. Can't wait to see what comes next.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

What I fail to understand entirely about this whole Planned Parenthood issue, is that for a start, if there is a profit being made by PP by the sale of baby parts, or let's be absolutely clear here, inanimate corpses of babies who were not actually born, did not take their first independent breath, have not had a chance to grow, mature or become intrinsic parts of their parents lives, then surely there must be a record somewhere of the money they are making from the sale, and where that money ends up.

To my mind, if these sales are creating raw profit, as opposed to going toward things like basic operating costs, covering the cost of transporting those parts to their intended recipients, then of course there is something to look into here, but those prices being discussed seem awfully low to be making a profit on. You look at the black market for organs and tissues, look at the prices, and you will note that you are talking about hundreds of thousands of pounds/dollars for a relatively intact adult cadaver. The bones, the tissues, the organs, these all add up to a big payday for black market organ sellers. A little work with a bone saw, a scalpel, and some spreader clamps, and you have yourself a bank job on a slab.

THAT sounds like profit to me. I think the cost of transporting a foetus or two, to the places where stem cell research, and other important medical experimentations occur, is likely to be very close to the quoted price of seventy five bucks. Keeping biological material viable in transit, requires good climate control in the vehicle, qualified and experienced operatives to drive the vehicle and maintain the viability of what is stored within by proper USE of that climate control system or one of those iceboxes, which in turn have to be treated carefully in order that they do not break open...transporting biological material requires certain experience and qualifications after all, at least at the company end.

I think that there is no raw profit in this seventy five dollars mentioned. I believe it is the bare minimum they could think of, because they have no interest in making money from the processes they are involved with, and understandably so. Show me a balance sheet that says otherwise, and perhaps I will change my mind, but in either case, a woman's right to chose is more important than a hand wringers right to sleep well.

Pandering to neurotic babble is no where near as important as making sure that women have choices about how their lives pan out. For all that people whine about contraceptives and how everyone who does not want children should be on them, I would argue that these people really need to understand that there are no effective contraceptives which are not also either totally unsuitable for allowing normal sexual sensation, and therefore are unsuitable to the task, or indeed damaging to the health of those taking them, or at least, that has been the way of it here in the UK. Many of the pills ladies have to take for example, are known to be a factor in cervical cancer risk, and others still just ruin a woman's neurochemical balance.

It's all bunk. Let's see the raw footage, and the profit loss sheet. I am certain there is no profit being made, by individuals, or PP itself, from what I heard on the video.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Since the disposition of an aborted fetus is a state issue, in some states across the nation Planned Parenthood is under investigation . And since the disposition of an aborted fetus other than cremation is illegal in these states , if they have broken the law it carries multiple felony charges in those states.Plus closing all facilities in those states.

Care to finish your proclamation? All states that have investigated Planned Parenthood have come up empty. ALL of them.

At what point do you admit that Planned Parenthood did nothing wrong exactly?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Swills

Since by principal I see abortion in general as baby killing, then by principal the whole process should not be happening. That is how I feel but once again, it's not my right to force anyone to act any certain way, I just will not be with a partner that supports abortion. That's all I've got to say about this.

Contraception is a helleva thing! It would stop a lot of abortions, but it would also stop actual baby killing too. I'm talking about babies born into poverty where they'll starve to death in African nations. Or babies plain killed because they're the wrong gender.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sorry, but you've said it:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

GREAT to have you back! Love the new digs. Well-done!

Looking forward to the next NLBS already! LOL!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Excellent!

Planned Parenthood, the threat of the shut down of the government and abortion promise to be HOT TOPICS this season!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I appreciate the more mature show. I would have liked to see a demonstration or 2 of the deceptive video editing. The video shown only seemed to damage the (fake) client.

We as a species are far more primitive than our technology suggests. I don't think PP has this agenda, but cutting our numbers would be a good idea for our own safety and survival. However, we are too primitive to live intelligently, so that's not going to happen.
edit on 9-9-2015 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I always wonder WHY it would ever be a hard decision if everyone REALLY believes it is no different than removing a cyst.

We need to be trained better I guess, and educate women that if they have a miscarriage anytime before a set amount of weeks that it was not a human life anyways, so why all the grief.

Because the fertilized egg represents a continuum toward the promise of a baby...The ability to get pregnant, Sperm and unfertilized eggs represent the same as well.

Can you fathom a woman consoling a mother at a funeral who lost their 5 year old to cancer or accidental death and saying..."I understand exactly how you feel, I had a miscarriage in my twenties".

Women who miscarry early on mourn "being pregnant" and the promise associated with it, a valid emotion...but it is not the same as mother who loses an actual child they have met, held and raised.

One is a mourning of "potential" and the other the present reality.

All pro-life, pro-choice arguments aside...there is an obvious difference that most rational people acknowledge.

Those who don't realize the same end up on the slippery-slope of the catholic church's centuries long claim that every sperm is sacred and masturbation is a mortal sin.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This show would be much more bearable with a different host.. The current host places emphasis on the wrong words, or no emphasis at all. It's like listening to a stoned muppet..

I don't mean to be offensive, but rather am trying to offer what I believe is good advice for increasing your viewer base.

I also feel more research and a more objective approach would help. It seems NLBS isn't interested in journalism, but rather arguing their own perspective for or against something. This isn't to say I disagree with those arguments, only that the presentation is very one sided.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It would give me hope if the people involved in the "sting" used their energy to good deeds in their community instead of trying make things up. You know be good christians or something.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Looks like Joe got his 1% backers ... all hail those money masters, right Joe?
Also, im not even sure what this video set out to accomplish. The public was exposed to the frightful and un-ethical realities of planned parent hood.... uncovering how sneaking a bunch of right wingers had to be to expose this truth is seriously not what needs to be shown as bull#. The bull# part of the whole story is how baby parts are being sold....period. It dosn't matter if it's legal or not. It doesn't matter if the people who filmed and edited this footage were sneaky or not. It doesn't even matter if it helps research. It's wildly unethical and the videos were good enough to show that.

Clearly, Joe is being told what to say and the agenda behind his "investigations" dont follow any kind of scientific or journalistic method. His hardest hitting bit in the video ( aide from his super illogical appeal to "curing diseases"... yeah, i'm pretty sure that's how the Nazis got to experiment on unwilling human subjects too) was limited to a single statement he himself made at 05:18 ..... and the statement isn't even true. Wow Joe.... you've broken your own bull# meter.

Oh and encase you want to attack my person... no i'm not republican, or religious... I'm a REAL atheist who doesn't have a jaded past about my upbringing (*cough, clearly you were raised in a christian household and you're a little pissed off about that). Please, stop making these video. You are not a social scientist or any other authority on the matters you talk about.

How are you not upset that people are selling baby parts (some of these are partial birth abortions!) ? Joe talked about the whole issue as if it didn't make him sick that it was happening... all Joe seemed to care about was is if it's was legal, and if money was made off it... Joe's a sociopath. A state sponsored sociopath.

PLEASE STOP JOE. YOU'RE TERRIBLE.

edit on 9-9-2015 by nomdeterreur because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

"cutting our numbers" is something barbarians do.. not intelligent people.... intelligent people would teach their children about producing a life and the hardships associated with it... PP is a joke for what they're doing and Joe hasn't even made a dent in the narrative that's being formed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join