It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Threatens Russia with COLD WAR: Don't Interfere with ISI plans for Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Just because ethnic Russians live in another country it doesn't give Russia the right to invade that country.

Do you not see what chaos would ensue if other nations did this...I Guess the US has to watch out for Mexico if the Mexicans in the US decide they want to play that card.

The USA invades countries all the time for their national interests. Grenada, Panama, Afghanistan, Iraq ... to name a few. Why should Russia or any other nation be any different?

Of course, I would expect many citizens of the USA to believe that it is simply a matter of the USA being in the right all the time and having the God-given right to invade plus every other nation being 'wrong' or 'evil' and not possessing the same rights.

As far as the ruling elite of Mexico is concerned -- a nation that believes that the USA is occupying lands that rightfully belong to Mexico -- I think they are probably looking at the situation with the USA and its citizens and saying, "Yes. Everything is going according to plan."

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

originally posted by: markosity1973

Putin on the other hand - is he old skool Russian KGB enemy of the West and capitalism, or is he the outspoken voice of reason from the 'other' world super power?

He is definitely not old school. If he were, there would be many, many, many more people dead. And if he were old school USSR KGB enemy of West and capitalism, he would have already ordered the invasion and capture of all former territories of the USSR.

I do not think he is a voice of reason because the West can no longer "hear" him, but I am certain he is a Russian nationalist's Russian nationalist.

Also, unlike President Obama, Putin understands that Abu Bakr al-Baghadi and Daesh/ISIL/ISIS/IS are much closer to the demon of hell and are a much bigger threat to the world than Bashar al-Assad. I don't think that is reason as much as it is wisdom to be able to see clearly which is the worse threat to the world and the stability of the Middle East.

He would have but he doesn't have the money or the force capable of taking and holding Ukraine. This is why it's easier for him to maintain a smaller force and continue the war. Though the death toll of the ethnic Russians he claims to be defending increases. But it's not about that his true fear is like in Ukraine where people got tired of the Soviet system. His biggest fear the is would spread to Russia. If he had let things go through and not interfered the changes made in Ukraine would eventually spread to Russia and he'd be out a job.

The war in syria with Purina help can drag on for years causing refugees and thousands of syrians to die. Trying to prop up a dictator that would rather attack his own people then change his policies. The reason he wants to maintain his military base in suria he can care less about the thousands that will die because of him.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: mortex

Actually, I like these threads.

There are so many Americans who whinge and whine, calling President Obama every bad name under the sun, but as soon as someone shows Putin talking about how bad he is, they all rally and shout it down

Well I've had enough of it.
I say those of us who are actually intelligent enough to realize that both sides are putting out propaganda, declare war on these pathetic agents who've infiltrated ATS, from both sides, and actively take them and their propaganda on wherever it's seen posted, and shut them down with the facts.

What they rely on is backing each other up. You can't get into a discussion/argument with one of them, like tsurfer for example, without the rest of them showing up to shout you down and flood the thread to basically try and overwhelm you, and drown out the message you are trying to put out.

But if enough of us use their own pathetic tactics against them, then their stupid propaganda and hypocrisy will become irrelevant on ATS at least.

The "Russian" side isn't as organized as the American side as it would seem, but then again Snowden did reveal the magnificent programs the Americans have for this very thing. So it's no surprise just how organized they are on here.

And it's fairly obvious who and what they are.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I have tried to make the case that one must understand how Putin and Russians in general think in order to understand him or the actions of Russia and Russians.

It is clear that for some U.S. Americans this is of no interest. I suppose it serves some psychological need to ascribe to him nefarious motives and cast him as the Hitler of the moment.

The Hitler of the moment is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of ISIS. If US Americans do not grasp this and soon, woe to the West.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: dragonridr

I have tried to make the case that one must understand how Putin and Russians in general think in order to understand him or the actions of Russia and Russians.

It is clear that for some U.S. Americans this is of no interest. I suppose it serves some psychological need to ascribe to him nefarious motives and cast him as the Hitler of the moment.

The Hitler of the moment is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi of ISIS. If US Americans do not grasp this and soon, woe to the West.

One can never truly know what motivates a person all we can do is judge his actions. In the case of Putin we see a narrative coming together. But why people don't want to talk about it is its very scary. If his actions are being interpreted correctly we are creeping to a nuclear excgange. This is the whole reason the international community is reluctant to call Russia out. Everyone knows Russia is becoming a rogue state but they are all hoping they are wrong.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

So basically Putin is a nationalistic tyrant who is hell bent of carving out anything he deems Russian through force and proxy wars. He should just take any land he deems Russian through military force? Yea, the Germans tried to unify all of the German speaking people a few times and look how those wars turned out.

Hold Russia to the same standards you hold the USA. Russia has its nose all over the place. Syria, Georgia, Ukraine etc...

I'm not sure whats worse a USA that denies involvement or a Russia who blatantly is involved in international affairs

pick your poison

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join