It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Some Infowars BS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The following "news" appeared at Infowars.com today and I thought I'd post this to draw attention to just how worthless Alex Jones & Co. are since it's already been used as the primary source material for a thread on ATS today that will likely be hoax binned shortly.

INFOWARS - MUSLIM REFUGEES CHANT “ALLAHU AKBAR,” “F**K YOU,” ATTACK CITIZENS, THROW FECES

Alex Jones makes a great deal of money pretending to be a purveyor of "truth" among an ocean of corrupt mainstream media. Case in point, the article is (ironically) subtitled "The footage that TV networks don't broadcast." Ironically because the "footage" in question is in the form of unsourced YouTube videos thrown together by Paul Joseph Watson whose byline states that he "is the editor at large of Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com."

Upon watching the second video embedded in the article and entitled ISIS recruits shout "Allah Akbar" in Refugee trains going to Germany:

I was curious what was being chanted and so I started looking for a translation. Reading through the comments (the height of vetting), I saw somebody state that it was actually an old video from France. A quick search of YouTube and lo and behold, I found the same footage uploaded to YouTube in 2011 and this time the description was claiming that the video was taken in 2010 ON A BUS IN FRANCE.

There was no ISIS as we know it in 2010 (or 2011 for that matter). In fact, even if we disregard the 2010 date referenced in the video and use the February, 2011 upload date as the oldest known appearance of the footage, we run into the fact that protests in Syria didn't start until the following month!

I think a lot of people are already well aware that Alex Jones and his "alternative media" empire are a joke but unfortunately, there are those among us who buy into his persona and are willing to believe without question anything or anyone claiming to reveal the "truth" ignored by the "mainstream media."

For those unfortunate people, here's a wake up call from your "wake up call."
edit on 2015-9-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Star and flag!

You proved that the story wasn't true and backed it up with research!

I am just a little peeved that people are asking the owners of ATS to ban anything from Infowars because this wasn't true. If that happens then we would ban ALL MSM outlets as well, because ALL of them have been caught doing the same thing?

Appreciate your research! Thumbs up again!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I completely agree, info wars is s&#t.
But please include RT news. They suck to.
Anything from either is likely going to be wrong or only half on the story.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

INFOWARS - MUSLIM REFUGEES CHANT “ALLAHU AKBAR,” “F**K YOU,” ATTACK CITIZENS, THROW FECES

Upon watching the second video embedded in the article and entitled ISIS recruits shout "Allah Akbar" in Refugee trains going to Germany:

But the caption above that picture in the article actually says:

Another clip of Muslims on a train in France shows a man screaming out slogans before all the passengers chant “Allahu Akbar” in unison.

Hmmm

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well done. Alex Jones and all his sites fly in the face of the motto of ATS. It's not just sometimes that he and his 'media' get it wrong... it's most of the time and not accidentally.
edit on 9/8/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Nice work disproving yet another bit of Alex Jones' BS!
s&f

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There are also 3 other videos in the article as well.

But I do give AntiD credit for calling out the one video as one from years back which should NOT be used as what is currently happening.

But then as I already mentioned, we see the MSM getting caught doing the same thing and no one asks ATS to ban them from being posted?

I have learned many things from Infowars that led me to do further research to find out it was true and if not for them talking about it, I would have never found out about it.

Example?

Federal Reserve Bank
Gulf of Tonkin
War on Drugs

I just despise those who flippantly scream "BAN IT"!

edit on 8-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Interesting, not just media using old clips and manipulating events, but also alternative media.

We're being sold a paradigm to react in.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I never know who to believe anymore

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Infowars serves the same purpose as the Weekly World News, entertainment. If you are dumb enough to take a tabloid as fact you kind deserve it when you get duped into believing BS.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So it's okay to lie to you if it's not all the time?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I never know who to believe anymore

Me either!

That is why critical thinking is so important in this day and age! Damn shame our educational system refuses to teach it?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I used to listen to Alex Jones a few years ago, but once he started spouting so much fear and all his survival sponsors Products it all got a bit much. I realised the only person Alex Jones is interested in is Alex Jones.

link   

originally posted by: sycomix
Infowars serves the same purpose as the Weekly World News, entertainment. If you are dumb enough to take a tabloid as fact you kind deserve it when you get duped into believing BS.

This isn't like "Elvis spotted!" nonsense. It's propaganda used in part to spread Islamophobia and other forms of hatred.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Do you believe everything the MSM tells you? I don't!

Like I already said, I am disturbed by those who are whining for ATS to BAN anything from Infowars being posted! Where do we go from there in denying ignorance when all we do is cater to those so easily offended to demand something being banned?

Slippery slope don't you think?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Unfortunately, there are many trusting folks out there who just think "surely, someone informed is vetting this!"

My old Mom, comes to mind... sigh. FOX news garbage and bad alt news sites sure strained our relationship before her death... and she wasn't stupid, just trusting of the printed word (and talking network heads).

So sure, an education on critical thinking skills and information theory is nifty, but most don't get it... which is why we are seeing such a ...er, "malleable" populace.

eta: and oh yeah... GOOD JOB antidiluvian.. .good job!

edit on 9/8/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Good job! I mean, with me, all you have to say is "Infowars" and I consider the content debunked, but it's always good to back that assumption up with quality evidence.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Regardless of what is written above the video, the title of the video on the Infowars article is "ISIS recruits shout "Allah Ackbar" in Refugee Trains Going to Germany", which is a lie as has been shown by the OP. There is no "hmmmm" needed here. The video is CLEARLY being mislabeled to present an incorrect account of what is going on.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"Hmmmmm" is right. Here's the text with placeholders in brackets added by me:

[title]

[still from video #2]

Muslim “refugees” in Budapest chanted “Allahu Akbar” and “f**k you” while others in Italy attacked an old lady and threw feces at bystanders as Germany announced that it would be prepared to take 500,000 asylum seekers every year.

Although mainstream media coverage of the migrant crisis has focused on happy families and children, footage not broadcast by TV networks shows a different side to some of those crossing into Europe.

A video shot just outside Budapest’s Keleti railway station shows Muslim migrants chanting “Allahu Akbar” and “f**k you” as they engage in running battles with police.

[video]

Another clip of Muslims on a train in France shows a man screaming out slogans before all the passengers chant “Allahu Akbar” in unison.

[video]

Meanwhile, an eyewitness at the Italy-Austrian border relates how she saw an elderly Italian woman grabbed by her hair and pulled from her car by a group of “aggressive young men” who wanted to steal the car to get to Germany, while others threw excrement at bystanders.

Wow. At first I thought this was just a moron who was unknowingly passing off this video out of IGNORANCE and a lack of due diligence. I'd say that the fact that he put "France" in the text demonstrates clearly that he knew the actual source of the footage and was DELIBERATELY MISLEADING readers.

Nice catch!
edit on 2015-9-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Kali74

Do you believe everything the MSM tells you? I don't!

Like I already said, I am disturbed by those who are whining for ATS to BAN anything from Infowars being posted! Where do we go from there in denying ignorance when all we do is cater to those so easily offended to demand something being banned?

Slippery slope don't you think?

Oh settle down. Yes, BAN infowars because it's purposely misleading. There's enough gullible racists, we don't need to fuel the fire with crap from Alex Jones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join