It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Godzilla in Wiltshire, UK!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Saw this earlier and it made me chuckle:

Wiltshire Police on facebook

Regarding the thundering noises heard across central Wiltshire this afternoon.
We can confirm it is either The British Army training on Salisbury plain, or Godzilla.
Please let us know if you see the latter.

...I expect the usual whining that the few seconds effort of the police staff to add the Godzilla joke was a waste of a few seconds of their time, but I like a bit of amusement from our cops, and that made me chuckle.
I follow most of my local police on Twitter and they can be pretty funny as well, things like "To all the kids being loud at the no longer #SecretCoveBeachParty, we're on our way, bin your substances now or get nicked
"
It does the job, cuts down on criminal records and pointless arrests, yep cops with a sense of humour is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hahahaha! Love it! Thanks for making me laugh!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

British cop,s best in the world, not as corrupt and usually do the right thing. Doubt many are even racist's.

only America is racism such a thing and corrupt cops, worst police force in the world.

still not a cop fan, but if i was to be arrested it would be the British police.

nice post

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Haha, no worries, maybe your cops are worth a follow on Twitter or facebook?

I chuckled at a tweet from one of my more local beat cops a few weeks ago, something like "Melting in sun under stab vest, can you all be extra good today please, you won't like my sweaty pits dripping on you after a chase along beach".
Definitely helps us see them all as human beings a bit more, all my son's late teen mates follow them now for the banter.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

And just for a little balance, here is an example of police officers being caught after posting 'inappropriate/offensive' video of themselves at the scene of the recent air show tragedy to a colleague on social media:
www.bbc.co.uk...

In a statement, Deputy Chief Constable Olivia Pinkney said: "I want them to work to earn their pay while this is investigated.
"In the meantime they have been assigned duties away from public contact."
Their colleague "swiftly reported" the message, police said.
'Unnecessary distress'
Deputy Chief Constable Pinkney said: "I cannot emphasize how upset I am that we are investigating such an allegation.
"My colleagues have informed the victims' families and apologised to them for the unnecessary distress it will undoubtedly cause them."
She said the allegation "detracts from the professionalism of hundreds of colleagues who have worked so tirelessly on this operation".

We've got our bad apples as well, same with all groups of human beings I guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

very true

those pesky human beings

new topics

top topics

join