It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS needs an app, or at least a really good wrapper.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Really! This forum deserves it's own wrapper, at least. An app that fully integrates all ATS tools and features that are available to members would rock.

How should we go about getting this started?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So more people can post more "on-the-go", minimal comments that contribute little or nothing to the thread, even when not horribly garbled by fat-fingering and auto-correct?

Too many people are already using ATS as a substitute/alternative to Facebook and Reddit (and f# Twitter). The content is spiraling towards Idiocracy as a result. If anything, steps should be taken to discourage mobile app use, so that members actually have to sit down and think about what they're writing instead of spewing knee-jerk reactions to everything while doing 90 on the freeway.

Just my two cents...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Totally agree but the great thing about the mobile site is the lack of ads, ads and more ads floating, following, lurking, haunting and trolling my pc.

I used to make at least a thread a day but now it's become painful at times to do. Probably is the connection, the pc or the browser, I know. But since I'm home more now and not in the office, it's just slower comparably. Which makes my phone the more efficient device to use in lieu of all the special functions.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
So more people can post more "on-the-go", minimal comments that contribute little or nothing to the thread, even when not horribly garbled by fat-fingering and auto-correct?
Just my two cents...

Yeah, you do kind of have a point there...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
An app maybe beneficial actually. Site admin, as shared lately, are working on some updating to possibly new things for the site. Would check that out, bring in some suggestions :www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: NthOther

Too many people are already using ATS as a substitute/alternative to Facebook and Reddit (and f# Twitter). The content is spiraling towards Idiocracy as a result. If anything, steps should be taken to discourage mobile app use, so that members actually have to sit down and think about what they're writing instead of spewing knee-jerk reactions to everything while doing 90 on the freeway.

Just my two cents...

While I mostly agree with that, to feeling that the social aspect that comes with brief usage to FB/Twitter style postings only detracts from the site, there is the growing to stable amount of people that no longer, or don't know how to use computers that are part of that. Thus is why they will be using mobile instead. They also seem to be the most active seeing it only as a social media/ social issue platform while many of the older generation's BBS to forums users have moved on over the years.
edit on 7-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thanks for pointing me to that other thread. I posted a note there.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Available for windows phone too please!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
ATS already has a responsive design. Everything renders like a champ on my Galaxy S5 with portrait orientation and it's surprisingly un-clunky.

new topics

top topics

join