It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your view of America right now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: Pitou

There is no more unity, in our United States.
AB

Sorry but was there ever?

Maybe among the majority but I'd not trade the things you see as problems today for living 50 years ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I love my country, but right now there are so many problems and so much turmoil, it is hard to sense a feeling of national identity. A lot of things are under attack that were the mainstays of our country, our language and culture. And we are a LOT more crowded population wise than we were 30 years ago. We are becoming such a mixed up conglomerate of a country I am not sure we will survive it. Sort of like Rome when they were overrun and finally overwhelmed.

But there are still a lot of good qualities. I still believe the American people are kind hearted good people. And we still are a better place to live than most of the planet.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Just concerned about the debt ceiling...will the united states be dissolved, starting with Texas, in order to do sovereign defaults to remove the debts amassed unless...not likely that...gold alchemy research is successful, asteroid mining research is successful, star gate to invade/escape to another planet?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyonedies
Just concerned about the debt ceiling...will the united states be dissolved, starting with Texas, in order to do sovereign defaults to remove the debts amassed unless...not likely that...gold alchemy research is successful, asteroid mining research is successful, star gate to invade/escape to another planet?

If your scenario happened I think it will be Cascadia which goes first, not Texas.

Cascadia also has the largest of the worlds few asteroid mining companies: Planetary Resources, Inc..

edit on 12-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I wouldn't trade the social progress we've made in the last 50 years, that part is fine.

What I'm concerned with is our government: all of it judicial, legislative and executive branches.
It's been infiltrated and corrupted beyond repair now. Over the past few weeks the research I've done has me quite convinced. It was that mindset that led me to this thread. And what worries me most is the lack of information that is being hidden anymore to the public. Did they just stop caring?

My new personal best case scenario for the future of our country is a military coup. Otherwise I feel we are headed toward military intervention by others trying to stop the juggernaut before it hits their homes and their people also.

Watch what happens in Syria now, if it goes according to the forecasted plans, it will be very clear to many.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I wouldn't trade the social progress we've made in the last 50 years, that part is fine.

What I'm concerned with is our government: all of it judicial, legislative and executive branches.
It's been infiltrated and corrupted beyond repair now.

I agree.

Over the past few weeks the research I've done has me quite convinced. It was that mindset that led me to this thread. And what worries me most is the lack of information that is being hidden anymore to the public. Did they just stop caring?

I wonder if they ever did? I was 6 years old when 9/11 happened. I heard things were different before it but idk, were they really?

My new personal best case scenario for the future of our country is a military coup. Otherwise I feel we are headed toward military intervention by others trying to stop the juggernaut before it hits their homes and their people also.

Well that sounds a bit extreme.

My best case would be for a less centralized government. More autonomy for places like Cascadia, Texas, California, the Midwest, Vermont, etc. In other words whoever wants to govern themselves and has the ability to take care of their own region should be almost like a autonomous "mini-country" within the United States.

edit on 13-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Philippines

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Philippines
a reply to: Nyiah

Good insights on the dysfunctional families there. I grew up with one as well there. It's one reason I appreciate my adult life abroad, living with indigenous who value family and people more than money.

The USA on average has no family glue. I'm used to seeing 3 year olds running on stone wall cliffs, and seeing 5-10 year olds carrying their younger sibling baby on their back or arms. I also see unification of families/clans working together to prevent outsiders from disrupting their way of life.

I don't see that in the states.

It's also easy to identify the superiority complex and entitlement of Americans abroad. Even the family fights with each other and is not unified. How is that superior?

On average, there is no hope.

I don't know, it sounds like you watch a lot of American TV. I don't think most real families are like that. My family is incredibly unified.

It's great you have a unified family. This is all my opinion of course and there are many exceptions. How many generations does your family line go back living in the US?

My mother's family has been here since around 1748 when her ancestors were brought over as slaves from what is now Ghana.

My father's family arrived from Ireland during the potato famine in 1846.

I haven't owned a TV in many years and don't watch it, but you bring up a great point. In my travels I've observed that society is usually a reflection of what's showing on television. Here in the Philippines there are a lot of "game shows" where people are singing and dancing all the time. When you go around the city, people are also singing everywhere, and dancing too.

There are a lot of those shows in the US as well. American Idol, The Voice, etc..

If you think what's showing on American TV is where I got my opinion from, then maybe there is something about USA television that is anti-family?

It's not anti-family so much as overly dramatic and exaggerating everything usually.

Thanks for the response. Cool you can trace your lineage that far back. I can trace mine to Greece, British, German and Sweden, but not too many generations back. This is different from my wife's family and tribe where everyone knows their lineage at least 7 generations to prevent inbreeding and whatnot because it's a relatively small tribe that has grown over time to multiple villages.

I can't remember a time in the USA when I would see the kind of family bonding and ties that I see in the indigenous villages here though. The community is involved in most everything, and very young children are like small parents for their siblings. But, this is a native village, and back in the day the USA was happy to exterminate all Native Americans and their way of life, which has some similarities to my life here now.

Yes, there are singing and dancing shows in the USA, but I think people there are much more self conscious of being judged by others of their actions in public... So the people in the US are usually much more restrained on their behavior. Visit the Philippines where that mental restraint isn't there and you will see some interesting things every day.

Out of curiosity, have you been to Asia much, or any other Eastern nations?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Speaking from a purely personal standpoint, I'd go 50 years back in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd go 100 years back with no problem aside from a lack of RGP contact lenses. There's really nothing in 2015 I couldn't live happily without, and that includes the internet. I can understand why someone more closely tied to the big city/urban lifestyle would see that as an undesirable situation, however.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The reason I went extreme I'll explain in a second and you are more then likely going to get your wish.

What I'm trying to avoid is the nuclear holocaust other countries will rain down on US from our ineffectual constant disruption, war and general meddling into their affairs. Eventually all this is going to come to a head and as Titor(not saying I buy his story) stated, "they will attack the government, not it's people" and the US will be split into something like you describe. Personally I'm for it!(not the nuclear holocaust part, just the partitioning)

A military coup would 'maybe' avoid this.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Some people I know would have been death already if we where hundreds of years ago. At nose, I count at least four or five people near me. They live well right now, some betting the average of life span, and other completly making doctors lie having three or four time the life span given at the start of their sickness.

The last hundred years was really good for human existance, and many of those advance was made in the US. You really had a good epoch of growing tech... As us, just north of you. Right now, I see some much good people, but I'm in a ivory tower. So, when I try to go out and talk to peolpe, for most of them producing something good for the humanity is not even a goal.

Here, even as a tertiary sector society we suck. Just try to get a good service now, so much of those are quick and inhuman. Last years was the first time I had a human experience in a mechanic shop. I now understand why people loved to be near their mechanician. I tough I was in a black and white movie.
edit on 14-9-2015 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join