It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your view of America right now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Simply, as the title states, there is no alterior motive.

Please list your country of origin because mainly this question is for people outside the United States.

How do you personally feel about the USA right now?
What is good and what is bad?
Is it our people, the government, how we handle(mishandle) foreign affairs?
What can be changed, is it too late?
Honestly, anything at all, whatever you feel.

I'd really like to know.
Lacking are the chances I can communicate globally like this and hear from everyone on the other side of the fence in one place.

I came upon this topic when speaking to someone tonight. We are all fed information from the media which in my eyes is biased, so this is a way to see through that. Family and friends abroad also hold a bias when asking this to them. There is no better way to do this.
I will not hold any bad will torward anyone's answers, nor will I try to defend or counter any of your beliefs. I would just really like to hear what you think, as if I was transported to your kitchen table listening to you over a good cup of coffee.

Thank you in advance for your posts, AB

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
A mish mash of good bad and indifferent just like my own country.
An outside perspective isn't necessarily the right perspective.

But lately I've been thinking about migration plans to the U.S.
So maybe that answers your question.

Overall I give an 8/10.

The Warhawks in charge/hoping to be in charge and of course voting take it down a couple from 10.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

as simple as it can get: them folks in the cities have lost their minds.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I love my country, but right now the wrong people are in charge.

We need to change things up in Washington, but that will be a challenge.

We need to reduce the power of the Federal Government and reduce its size. We need to stop meddling in the lives of our citizens and the lives of people around the world. We need to bring our troops home and stop the pointless wars. We need to bring jobs back home and concentrate on making our country great again.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I dislike the question as you have stated.

I would prefer a two part question.

(a) What do you think of the US Government

(b) What do you think of the American people.

Your Government sucks. They destroy other countries. They are evil.

Your people are great! I have lots of American friends here and I cherish all of them.

P

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I live in the US. I'm glad I don't live in a city. People are nuts now. Not in a good way. Also, I'd really love it if the government or the people who control them would stop screwing us over.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I hail from Papua New Guinea in the South Pacific

I view America as another great nation like any other. What Americans need is good leadership, someone to the likes of JFK.

The American people should stand up against any leader that is all about war mongering and control.

We all know to well how the American war machine can destabilize nations at the wrong hands.

I bet space travel would have been commercialized by now if people like JFK weren't taken out. Think about where the world would have been if it weren't for all the wars in the world, courtesy of America.

Equality and space travel should be the utmost priority and next frontier for humanity, not ongoing war.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You country is in his twilight. All the beauty of day, going down in the darkness. US had a good philosophie, made place for thinker and true developement, but now, to much bad people took the lead. A country that has once life from its technologie and its great engineering, now only whant win money with money.

Now look at you. The young american generation don't even trusth the fact that you went on moon, it's too hard. To hard. To hard. Don't worrie is the same here. The people now give up so fast, they want things easy. They think they can be good as you are in minutes, when you spend your life, healt and relationship to developpe your talent. Sad...
edit on 7-9-2015 by PersonneX because: I got a stange syntax

edit on 7-9-2015 by PersonneX because: missing w at now

edit on 7-9-2015 by PersonneX because: I meant spend not speed

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I can agree with those that mentioned city living. I have a beautiful home in NYC which has been empty now for a while due to this trend. Having 2 small children I crossed over to Central Jersey for this very reason.
Now I commute to work every day at 4:30am to beat the traffic, but it's worth it. The ever present daily interactions in Manhattan are starting to remind me of the 70's again or at least what I heard.

I'm seeing a trend with the overall government dislike issue. I too wish things will change, unfortunately my approach in fixing this may be a bit too radical for most to handle. I guess that shows my faith in it correcting itself through due process.
It's sad feeling helpless in the passenger seat, as the driver steers torward a cliff.
edit on 9/7/2015 by AnteBellum because: spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Aussieland here .....from my perspective of watching news reading stuff from websites like this one it seems like this.....

As far as the people go ....Americans are really no different to the majority of the rest of the world,just louder
,for the most part people just want to live and let live..

Just a shame those in power are such destructive beasts...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's kind of dark outside being it is almost midnight here. That is my view of America right now.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I live in the republic of Louisiana.

Easy question to answer. No further explanation required as this man said it all:

I love this song, love to sing it with my guitar. I could do that over a cup of coffee at the kitchen table.
edit on 2015 9 07 by incoserv because: Fixed embed

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I love this Country dearly.

But we need a change of philosophy. Politicians have successfully brainwashed the middle class that the reason that their savings, earnings and quality of life have gone down is because of those less fortunate and immigrants, that's the conservative class warfare at it's finest.

From 1935 to 1980 the bottom 90% of wage earners earned 70% of all new income. From 1980 - 2012 that same 90% of wage earners, earned 0%

I hope that our fellow international members realize that this is the true reason why the US is on the decline. While Europe has made some great strides at increasing the quality of life of their people by providing healthcare and very good social safety nets, here in the U.S we are too busy hating on the poor and immigrants.

Did you all know that here in the U.S. Women don't have the right to maternity leave?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have two analogies that I often use in regards to the political system:

1. There's a blue car that's driving in a straight line toward a solid brick wall at 200mph, and a red car that's heading toward the same wall at 175mph and taking a slight detour. Which one do you want to ride in?

2. You're in a park at night and are accosted by a gang of thugs. As they drag you off into the bushes they tell you that they're going to beat you to death with dirty nail-studded 2x4s and take all of your money. Just as they are about to start beating you another gang of thugs arrives and announced that they are here to save you from those bad fellows. This new gang tells you that instead of beating you with dirty, nail-studded 2x4s, they're going to beat you to death with nice, smooth, clean baseball bats. And they're only going to take most of your money, not all of it. Best of all, they'll let you choose which gang can have you.

After John Prine is done painting his picture, that's what's left in my image of 'Murica.

edit on 2015 9 07 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Double post ... Sorry.
edit on 2015 9 07 by incoserv because: double post-deleted content

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
I hail from Papua New Guinea in the South Pacific

I view America as another great nation like any other. What Americans need is good leadership, someone to the likes of JFK.

The American people should stand up against any leader that is all about war mongering and control. ...

AS a US citizen, my sense is that this country would not brook a solid leader. It is too fragmented, do fat and stupid to follow a capable leader. The few true leaders that we've had in the last few elections were ridiculed, mocked and shouted down by the media and the puppet electorate.

Our leadership reflects our citizenry.
edit on 2015 9 07 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I disagree that we wouldn't follow a qualified leader. We all just have a different view of what a qualified leader looks like. At least Obama has shown us what a qualified leader doesn't look like.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The Military Industrial Complex as Eisenhower warned, is really the reason behind this.

It just makes one wonder about the possibility of how Americans can ever really see a good leader when the MIC has other agenda's that are run by wicked man.

MIC is very powerful and highly complex organization, like an entity that is eating away of this great nation.

And therefore, any high profile person, for the matter, who is capable of disintegrating TPTB, eventually commits suicide with two shots at the back of his head, because the system is too complicated as it is.

Peace

edit on 8-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The best way I can describe what is going on in America and the rest of the world right now, growing pains. Just go study history and you will see humanity has gone through this many times. Its just people are arrogant and narcissistic by nature. So we act like everything is new. That the challenges we face are unique. That things only affect us, and only us. That no one has ever gone through what we have. When its all happened before and will probably all happen again. Basically we are in a transitional phase and no one knows how to deal with it. Because some people want things to stay the same and some people can not wait for things to change, but they have not yet. So, conflict. Growing pains.
edit on 8-9-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Did you all know that here in the U.S. Women don't have the right to maternity leave?

What ? What ? This country not only has maternity leave , but paternity leave as well.....I know , I even used it in the 80s when my children were born.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join