It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious People….Open letter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So this is how that works.

First people say religion needs to stay out of government.

Then the people that say that turn around, and tell people like me how to be a 'better' christian.

I so love that double standard.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Let's attack a christian woman because she made a stand refusing to believe that a male who sticks his thing in another males rump hole and mouth should be considered a marriage. Call it something else. Sorry, marriage is for man and woman. The ones who choose to be different need to quit trying to denigrate everything to fit their ways.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So this is how that works.

First people say religion needs to stay out of government.

Then the people that say that turn around, and tell people like me how to be a 'better' christian.

I so love that double standard.

If you are referring to me, what I don't appreciate is him putting words in my mouth and concocting facile reasoning. Deny ignorance, not indulge it.

Now I am more than happy to debate.. In fact I support the right to religious practice and will defend it. You should be permitted to practice your beliefs, until you start imposing them on other people. Which is precisely what so many of you are doing right now.

I never told anyone how to "be a better christian", what I did say is that I did not vote for your religion. Yes, I am a lesbian and I love my girlfriend very much and in the eyes of the government, I should be able to "be married" if we so wish. I am not asking your church to marry me, in fact I would not impose myself on a church to be married. You have your practices and I respect that. I would not even insist a bakery make me a cake.. there's plenty of celebrants out there that would perform the ceremony if I so requested.

The thing is, the church does not own marriage. People are not going to be marrying their dogs or their kids, there's no slippery slope to slide down. If anything, the church has behaved in such a reprehensible way in recent decades that it should not be listened to as a purveyor of what is right.You're damn lucky the church has not be banned for its actions against children.. How's your moral soapbox now? I don't need a bunch of religious people telling me how to live my life. How would you like it if Sharia law was imposed on you or you were persecuted for your beliefs?

Other people are entitled to live their life as they wish, within reason. People are wanting to be wed in the eyes OF THE LAW, not the church. You do understand there is a separation of church and state and you do not run the country. You imposing your will on other people based on your beliefs is no better than westboro church or sharia law. I did not vote for you. How dare you presume you have a say in my life based on your beliefs..

All people want to do is live their lives. Stop enforcing your beliefs on other people or you will lose the right to practice and worship. That, I can promise you. We live in an increasingly diverse world and belief systems are being called into question. If you want people to stand up for your right to practice, keep the hell out of our lives!
edit on 10/9/2015 by LilFox because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/2015 by LilFox because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join