It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious People….Open letter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The religious folks are often to self centered and think God needs them to control society

I don’t think God needs you to police societies morality

The poor needs you, the sick, the wayfarer, the oppressed

To this lady in Kentucky: You want to do some good don’t step on the rights of decent human beings who just want to get married and be happy and thereby disrupting society…that to me is a sin

Go feed a poor man. Uplift the spirits of a deprived child

Teach a poor disabled or neglected kid something

Buy them a computer… Do something for those in the world denied good

That’s the essence of true religion, imho

Not all this anti human nonsense of control and obey

Read the hundred and I mean hundreds of versus in the bible that says

THE BEST AMONGST YOU ARE THOSE THAT FEED THE POOR

Love and tend to the deprived and poor

Say a kind word to a stranger

Uplift the spirits of a poor kid on the block

When you do that then you are being good to yourself...truly helping God and society

And that is the best of religion

Here are just a few versus

And this is the best of Chrisitanity

Proverbs 29:7 “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.”
Deuteronomy 15:10 “Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.”

Psalm 41:1 “Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble.”

Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”

Proverbs 22:9 “A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.”

Isaiah 58:10 "And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."

Jeremiah 7:5-7 "If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever."

Matthew 19:20 “‘All these I have kept,’ the young man said. ‘What do I still lack?’ Jesus answered, ‘If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’"

Luke 14:12-14 "Then Jesus said to his host, ‘When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.’"

Luke 12:33-34 "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also

The same goes for our Muslim brethren

Forget all this militant hatred and keep in mind this

Every chapter in the Quran begins with what Muslims should be most conscious of

The verse in English is this:

In the Name of God…The Compassionate…The Merciful

I Think God is trying to tell you something

Tell you what is most important

Not always angry venom but foremost is

Compassion and Mercy

Try it

Its a hard path because you have to look at every human being and give them mercy and compassion you yourself would want

The formula is simple

Follow the best of your religon

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well said.

Compassion is lacking lately.

Eleemosynary endeavours are the grandest expression a human can make.

Apathy seems easier now...
But, fellow believers...

On the Day of Judgement, we will all have to come to the realisation that compassion will always defeat apathy.

I hope God doesn't become as apathetic as His followers have.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yeah them religions people, they are hopeless, not like us atheists are they.

If they could sort their stupidity out this could be a good world, wish they were just like all atheists and acted like us and were all good.

Them religious people they are all just suckers following a dream.
Why would they follow stupid books that tell them silly things, preach at them brother, thats so cool.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The fear is that this movement is about the destruction of marriage.

edit on 7-9-2015 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
OP,

I misunderstood the topic in the OP...

How in the world I thought the thread was about abortion I don't know.

You have my sincere apologies though my friend. S&F

Yesterday I did some reading on this topic and this article had some good points:

Kim Davis went to jail simply because she was exercising her First Amendment right — which no five activist judges can deny, disregard or denigrate. It’s her First Amendment right that cannot result in her being disparaged — and certainly not arrested. And if the President of the United States can himself float above the rule of law, then how can one arrest Kim Davis for embracing the rule of law — her First Amendment right? Can it be that the “guarantee of happiness” granted to a special interest group, by way of judicial privilege, supersedes the US Constitution?

Kim Davis knows she will one day answer not to Justice Kennedy of the Supreme Court of the United States — she will answer to the Supreme Judge of the Universe. And just as Saul, the persecutor of Christians, was converted on the road to Damascus and became the Apostle Paul, so did Mrs. Davis have a life-changing event. I say to Mrs. Davis, read my favorite book in the Bible, Philippians, and know Paul wrote that text while imprisoned awaiting his execution. And there he wrote these words, Philippians 4:19 (New International Version): “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”

Folks, you're missing the point about the Kentucky clerk's jail sentence

Also the two posts below come from one of the Planned Parenthood threads and I think they apply to this topic as well:

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
My argument stands supported by your post: just because something is currently legal, doesn't mean it is appropriate nor Constitutional.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Regardless, if you want to roll with this LEGAL concept, then clearly the USA's track record in that regard is sketchy at best. Consider that the country went from blacks are not people to black males are 2/3rds of a person to black males are a full person to black males and females are now people! over the last 150 years of this nation's 240 year history. Japanese interment camps in the USA were LEGAL during WWII. Forced Lobotomies were LEGAL and fairly common until the late 1970s.

You cannot use LEGALITY as a justification in the USA because it has as many abject failures as it does successes. The idea that the law and the medical community in 2015 are somehow above their centuries of failure and malfeasance is an arrogance which history tells us future generations will not agree with when they look back at our era.

edit on 7-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
See: Matthew 18:15-18 and Matthew 28:16-20

Also, some people think that Ezekiel 3:16-21 is kind of par for the course.

In my opinion, only a small percentage are trying to be "holier than thou" or are trying to "look down on someone", and it really only feels that way because no one likes to take criticism or be labeled bad.

Instead:
-some see it as helping others see truth, so that the person doing wrong can do good (because they love them and want them to do good)
-some see it as their duty or job, so they are, themselves, blameless
-some see it as work for the God they love
-some just don't want to see sin, or wrongdoing (like breaking up a fight because it bothers you)

Personally, I think most of it is the later: they do not want to see sin or wrongdoing, just as you, in this very post, are trying to do (you want to stop people from wrongdoing). Right? Unless your motive is something else?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Follow the best of your religon

You'd hate them anyway, so what's the point? Even if living perfect Christ-like lives, you'll still insist they're either stupid, crazy or both, and feel the need to remind everyone around you of it at every possible juncture. You might even hate them in your envy of their ability to be so compassionate, if they were to so practice their preaching.

You'll hate them for anything you can hate them for, all the while preaching social tolerance to the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Compassion is considered weakness by many. The word empathy spoken by any man is considered a sign of weakness. That's sad.

You don't have to be religious to understand that man should take care of his fellow man. Neighbor should help neighbor. We should feed those that are hungry. We should teach those that are uneducated and we should shelter those that have no place to call home.

Even though I am not a religious person, I do all those things because I have faith, faith beyond any religion taught in any church, that if and when the day comes that I need to be fed, educated or sheltered that I will be looked upon with compassion and empathy...and I will be fed, educated and sheltered.

Those things do not come from religion. They come from the heart.

Sadly, many, if not most people, lack that heart.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The poor needs you, the sick, the wayfarer, the oppressed

I see the root causes of poverty and psychologically scarred adults.

It has to do with the self centeredness of their parents.

Daddy or Mommy put their own sexual wants, and pleasures with drugs or alcohol before their own children.

Hollywood the Music Industry and the Internet are making billions by perpetuating a lie.

Actions do have consequences.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

James 1
27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Notice there is mo mention of anything other than helping others and not being polluted by the world.

All these protests in the name of religion are doing it wrong. Live and let live.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The two major religions are not following remotely what their founders taught, imo

It’s not even close

The religions have erected stone walls of intolerance and contempt for everything other than themselves. They just don’t get it and they never will, likely

Didn’t Jesus say Love your enemy

He probably meant

Love other people than your own

100 percent of our effort and energy as a civilization or society should be spent healing the wounds of people through empathy, charity, and compassion.

We do only maybe 5 percent of what we should be doing the rest of our energy is in killing machines, armies, wealth for the few and self centered toys for leisure

We are blind

edit on 7-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Not all this anti human nonsense of control and obey

isn't that what government does?

I agree with your OP, however.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dusty1

You’re absolutely right.

We should be spending an enormous amount of energy on the study of psychological ailments but we don’t

So psychological madness permeates our civilization and we get worse because its passed down to generation after generation…

The drug industry, that powerful selfish lobby of greedy self interest has convinced the psychologist that drugs are the key to mental health...a deadly decision

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Government is to me only a tool of the rich and elite that helps to maintain their wealth and power

It reflects what people are

There is good religion and bad religion and bad religion is when the people loose sight of the qualities of compassion, love and empathy and concentrate on power, control, and division.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I agree that government is simply a tool.

As for religion? All religions are flawed because they reflected the worst of their membership.

Now people of faith?

They are the silent heroes.

They are the ones who rebuilt homes in Fergusen and Baltimore.
They feed the poor and the homeless.

Just my humble opinion. . . . . .

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's true religion, imo.

It doesn't have to come from religion

But religion has to come from love or it’s useless

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

As a Muslim my self I will say you are correct in some of your OP , The roots of Islam is Love and Compassion , I believe all Religions are rooted with this same Ideology .

However the Religions you speak of in your OP I don't know . Religion is not to be forced upon anyone , to be Muslim means linguistically that your will is summited to god . you can't force anyone to submit their will to god.

Just as you can't force anyone to come to Christ in Christianity ,Anyone who does so is acting contrary to scripture .

Religion is not for everyone , like wise that not every practices Religion correctly .

The point of religions are to act as a tool to gain a spiritual connection between you and the creator .

Sounds crazy to someone who has never spirituality ,but i assure you it's very real .

its like learning something , you have to study and search , and learn , same applies to spirituality .

How can you know if their is a creator if you chose to not look for one .

every creation has indeed a creator .

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

If one applies that consciousness of Rahman (compassion) and Rahim (mercy) to people, it’s challenging but slowly compassion may overtake ones heart and one becomes overtime more compassionate and merciful to all.

Rather than automatically being hard hearted and selfish one can become empathetic and compassionate to others

It’s not easy when one is so use to being hard hearted but its imo the best of religion

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
In the spirit of this thread

I bid everyone peace and blessings and a happy evening

Good night and thanks for your thoughtful contributions

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In summation:

More Jesus Christ and Mother Teresa, less Fred Phelps.

Please and thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join