It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Armed Russian Sub Headed for Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Nvm. No point.
edit on 9/8/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Normally I would read, star and move on from your post but I think it is important to note that when things get serious on their own, these over fabricated sources can cause trouble more so than usual because people are sensing what they are not being told so the doom and gloom factor is already high.

If things get bad, or worse members should take note of people like you and the well grounded comments you oftentimes throw out like pearls before, well, you know. You my friend are a true open minded, well read skeptic...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
US/ISRAELI False Flag written all over it!

Israel already has 100s of nukes already so will nuke Assad and possibly the greater SYRAQ area to finish off depopulating the area, then blame RUSSIA

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

Again, that's like the US using Iran getting nukes as an excuse to declare war on Iran. If the going theory is that Iran has been in the process of getting nukes for decades and the going theory is that certain US factions just want to use that as an excuse to declare war on Iran ... then we're obviously slackers as we've had decades to get around to it and yet we haven't done it yet.

Same with Israel. They've had all these nuclear warheads for decades. If depopulating the entire region, sans their own tiny slice, was the goal. Then why wait for decades to get around to it? Don't you think they would have just done it by now?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
More bruhahah about nukes from Israel? I very much doubt they would be able to keep track of a Russian nuclear sub.

I don't know, there seem to be several satellite technologies that would enable them to do this.
Russia has the ability to see submerged subs with satellites so it is equally viable the US has the ability as well.

gentleseas.blogspot.com...

Of course, any such tech would be highly classified

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
More bruhahah about nukes from Israel? I very much doubt they would be able to keep track of a Russian nuclear sub.

I don't know, there seem to be several satellite technologies that would enable them to do this.
Russia has the ability to see submerged subs with satellites so it is equally viable the US has the ability as well.

gentleseas.blogspot.com...

Of course, any such tech would be highly classified

Well we have craft able to turn off nuclea rmissiles in their silos so its reasonable to assume we can turn off a nuclear subs engines.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

A senior U.S. official told Reuters on Saturday that U.S. authorities have detected "worrisome preparatory steps," including transport of prefabricated housing units for hundreds of people to a Syrian airfield, that could signal that Russia is preparing to deploy heavy military assets there.

A Lebanese newspaper reported on Monday that Russian military experts who arrived in Syria weeks ago have been inspecting air bases and working to enlarge some runways, particularly in the north, though Moscow had yet to meet a Syrian request for attack helicopters.

www.reuters.com...

How many bet that the Air Base in question get bombed by someone before the Russians get there in any real large numbers? Hell, Israel may do it just to keep Russia out of their backyard. If it happens they will get the blame no matter anyhow.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

US/ISRAELI False Flag written all over it! Israel already has 100s of nukes already so will nuke Assad and possibly the greater SYRAQ area to finish off depopulating the area, then blame RUSSIA

Israel has had nuclear weapons since the 60s so its not like they just got them. They will only use them in response to a WMD attack on Israel or if they are going to be overran by a superior army. They will never use a nuclear weapon first, unless they have to, to stop a massive army from taking over. They did not when Egypt and Syria took large swaths of Israeli territory in the Yom Kippur war. Had the IDF not been able to turn them back in one more day, Israel would have nuked both the Syrian and Egyptian armies to stop them cold while incinerating Cairo and Damascus to make sure they received no more orders to fight.

Nobody can get away with a nuclear false flag, just so you know. Russia would also have no reason to nuke Syria so your thoughts are pretty silly.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You don't think those aircraft that no one could identify over the US recently were accidentally seen do you? The people that were meant to see them got the message without them even leaving US airspace.

What you talkin about Willis?? Do tell as I did not see that story. PM me please.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The sub can hold 20 missiles, 200 nuclear warheads, how would the US respond to this?

Same way our leader has responded to everything else. Go play some golf.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse yelling:

FOUR!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Don't forget what has been stockpiled for years on Diego Garcia.
Those are USA/Israel/UK combined assets.
They've been ready to go for a while, mostly aimed at Iran.
Oh and maybe that MH370 777 airplane has been lurking there for a while, rebranded and ready for an 'allied' false flag op.
Blame it all on Russia, right?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It would be stupid to put a boomer in the med for any other reason besides transit to another destination. Very little tactical advantage over launching in the black sea and much more risk. If it happened it is to send a message. Though I don't know what that message could be. Our navy is dumb? Perhaps.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PutinTheGreat

unless it is delivering supplies / equipment /spec ops to Syria...

edit on 9-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I hope that is the case. There is nothing more in the world I want to see than those Islamic State scum absolutely destroyed. Whoever does it first will have my eternal gratitude. We (Australia) sent some planes over recently but I think it is going to take boots on the ground. A combined effort and victory would be good but they absolutely need to be stopped as soon as possible. Whatever it takes.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Seem like typical government to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Some of you are saying Russia doesn't need a nuclear armed sub near Syria because it's carrying ICBM missiles and can fire them from anywhere.

So let's assume for this hypothetical situation here assuming the story of a Russian nuclear armed sub going to Syria is true.
NATO has assembled air defenses in Turkey near the Syria border.
A number of gulf states that are supporting ISIS and rebels against Assad also have air defense capabilities. Israel as well.

So if the missile was launched off Russian north coast, it could possible be intercepted and shot down.
Now if the missile is launched at say the Saudis from the eastern med. there would be less time to react and intercept it.

That's changes the game.

So it's not so pointless.

And why am I not surprised to see the usual people bashing Russia and being belligerent, while the same mod whose usually in the threads the are trashing with anti-Russian closet racism is here as well. What is he their handler?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

There isn't a defense system in the area that can down an ICBM in the terminal phase. The missile defense systems that are in place are designed to stop theater class missiles, like the Scud. They wouldn't even get close to an ICBM heading to the target.

Most systems that are designed to stop an ICBM are designed to hit them in the boost, or mid course phase, so moving them closer makes them MORE vulnerable, not less.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Fair enough I stand corrected.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Evidently, Russia is holding naval drills right off the coast of Syria to flex muscle with the West I guess. Could be where the Sub was headed. In either case, I believe both sides are escalating things, making bad situations worst. The NOTAM makes it sounds like live fire exercises that include rocket fire.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

Russia's (USSR's) naval base at Tartus since 1971, and folded all it's other med bases (from Egypt) into it in 1977.

This is not an escalation - this is business as usual.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join