It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun Vaults of Your Dreams...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have collected firearms for years, and have a true appreciation for the operation and placement in history of many of them. Mine are kept in several safes, and have always wanted to build a gun vault, but space and money are an issue.

I came across an article and pictures of high scale gun vaults and collections I want to share with ATSers that appreciate the scope and effort put into the vaults featured in the link:

thebrigade.com...

Please check out these amazing gun vaults and tell me what you think. They're beyond my means, but some will blow your socks off. Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

2, 7, 13 & 18 are amazing.

The pool table is a nice touch.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Here is the gun vault of my dreams...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

2, 7, 13 & 18 are amazing.

The pool table is a nice touch.

Some are beyond my comprehension. While I appreciate the scope, a few fall under the overboard category. Whatever blows your hair back, I guess.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I get it--you don't like firearms.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I feel like some of these are displays and not personal collections.
The one in the kitchen is interesting.

But cool none the less.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

dear santa...

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I feel like some of these are displays and not personal collections.
The one in the kitchen is interesting.

But cool none the less.

I'm sure some of the pics are the owner's display of "look at all the cool stuff I have!". Displays aside, I enjoy how some of them have disguised egress to the vaults, and how some of those featured center their collections on old firearms that were prevalent in the 1800's.

link   

Some are beyond my comprehension.

A couple look as though they could be a showroom or a conference room at a manufacturer.

Either way I am envious of them.

I truly like the one with the vault door...can never have enough safety on your gun storage.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Some are beyond my comprehension.

A couple look as though they could be a showroom or a conference room at a manufacturer.

Either way I am envious of them.

I truly like the one with the vault door...can never have enough safety on your gun storage.

There is absolutely no excuse to a firearm purchase without a means to secure them. I cringe at stories of found guns in drawers, under beds, and on shelves, only to be discovered and abused leading to deaths of innocents. That is why I have several safes, and aside from my carry(inside biometric safe when not in use), all components are housed separately.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Very cool! I am not a firearm enthusiast but I love looking at any kind of collections, especially when they are well displayed.

Years ago, a friend of mine rented a house from a retired engineer from Ruger in Prescott, AZ. He had a workshop in the back of the property. He showed up one day while I was visiting with my friend and he offered to show us around. Inside was his work benches and machinery. He was working on some prototype sniper guns.

In the back, there was a walk in vault. This was his collection. I'm not very knowledgable about firearms, but it was quite the sight to see. Similar to many of the rooms in your link. He had a thing for muskets especially and there were dozens of them. It was really cool because he wasn't afraid to let us hold them while he explained each one. Neat experience.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Most of the firearms collectors I know love to share the history and operation of pieces in their collections. Each relic holds a story and a place in history.

On a side note, your avatar makes my skin crawl, and have come to know it's background. It's the little boy that wasn't on site in an Amity investigation, and the white eyes gives me the shivers!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Most of the firearms collectors I know love to share the history and operation of pieces in their collections. Each relic holds a story and a place in history.

On a side note, your avatar makes my skin crawl, and have come to know it's background. It's the little boy that wasn't on site in an Amity investigation, and the white eyes gives me the shivers!

Haha. Yeah, it's spooky. I believe there was a thread on here a while ago where people explained their avatars. Chose this one because it was one of the first paranormal pictures I saw as a child that really freaked me out. Read about it in the Time Life Books Mysteries of the Unknown series. I've been hooked on the paranormal ever since.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A couple reminded me of Big Daddy's room on Kick Ass. Pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The gun vaults are okay even if a couple looked more like movie-sets. Some of the collections look outstanding.

I ended up looking at the next page too ''No writing on your gear' and love that stuff. Old images like that make me smile. Nations send their young to war and sometimes these photos remind us how young they were.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The Chive is one of my favs, and lead me to the Brigade. Threads on the Brigade feature military themed articles, weaponry, and LE/criminology entries. Pretty interesting info to me, and plenty of light-hearted humor as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Man, that made me smile. As I was reading 'The Brigade,' I was thinking how much it looked like the Chive template without the sexy ladies or humour. Maybe they're both run by the same people or set out by the same designers?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I absolutely love all of these vaults.

I love firearms in general, and enjoy having a small collection myself.

But I can't see myself spending this kind of money on guns unless I'm rich AF.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sometimes i wish i'd of taken up the offer of a load of deactivated m-16s etc at about 30 quid a piece in the late 80's as i'd of had a nice collection that would be worth 10-20 times its value as our rules on how to deactivate a weapon have changed so those older guns become much more wanted

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A gun safe with carefully selected tools is adequate for me. Obsessing over anything in this realm establishes bondage to it. Those vaults demonstrate obsession IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join