It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Gets Fed Up, Calls for Release of Dashcam Video in Zachary Hammond’s Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is an update on this story that I thought deserved a new thread

In july Zachary Hammond was shot in the back and killed by an undercover cop through his drivers window because his girlfriend sold 3 grams of weed.

There is dashcam video but the department refuses to release it, instead they hired a public relations firm (15,000$ a month) to handle all inquiries.

Witnesses have now come forward saying the after the shooting a cop pulled something from his trunk and placed it under the body, they then held up his dead hand and gave it a high five.

This was back in July and still no dashcam video? Well now state Sen. Larry Martin, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee,is chiming in demanding they release the video.

If an investigation is pursuing a lead in a stage in the early hours or days, I can understand that. But to hold video for weeks or months begs the question, why is it being done that way? My thought is that the investigation needs to produce the videotape; it is reasonable in every police encounter that rises to this level. If it’s being concealed because it does shed negative light on the officer’s actions, that’s an obvious outcry.”

There does seem to be a disparate treatment of those videos, no question about that. If it’s good to release it if it’s favorable, then what’s the harm in releasing it if it’s bad,” said Martin. “Unless there’s some material aspect of the Seneca video that leads investigators into a direction that isn’t obvious, I come down on the side that videos should be released as quickly as possible, because that seems to be what law enforcement is doing throughout the state. After a preliminary period of time for due diligence, there comes a point where shielding video is no longer necessary. The problem in this case is it seems to be playing out so differently. We’re waiting. Why?”

Well hopefully this will get the video released and this family can get some answers.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

edit on 7-9-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
Yeah,Man apparently the Vid doesn't paint them in a good light..Too bad the media doesn't hold them accountable,it would be dif if the 19 yr old kid were black....

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Yeah,Man apparently the Vid doesn't paint them in a good light..Too bad the media doesn't hold them accountable,it would be dif if the 19 yr old kid were black....

If the video showed a good shoot it would have been released weeks ago..

This story has really stuck with me I have a 23 year old son who likes to smoke a little and go out with his girlfriend too.

I could not imagine that call saying a cop killed him..

This war on drugs thing is so effing played out..
edit on 7-9-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

dont make this about race. you know what it will incite... 12 pages of bias hate-filled-baseless rants and drivel.

there shouldnt be no duality when it comes to disgraced LEOs, true some groups would make this racial immediately if he were of certain race (any minority) but lets get closure and answers before making this thread into another closed thread due to the insane amount of hate-filled speech on ATS lately.

-- back on topic

if we go after nations that harbor terrorists or quick to point out human rights abuse abroad, why is our police system always hell bent on protecting those who defaecate on the uniform and oath they've taken and we have to jump through hoops to get evidence released. and it should be made public as there are no criminal charges brought on them yet, so its not a conflict of interest in terms of a fair trial. show the videos, if it were not a LEO, it would be all over the internet with carefully edited mugshot pictures of the perpetrators.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Oh BS. If the kid was black he'd already be labeled a thug and BLM would be the ones calling for transparency not a Senator.

OT: I'm glad that poor kids death is getting questioned by powerful people. It's sick what happened to him.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It hasn't been released because it obviously shows the cops in the wrong, theres no other reason for it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Good to hear of this update as this clear case of corruption needs help to bring the justice that is due. Pointing out for those who might not get to see it: there's contact info to let the state and local people involved know that you support a release of the dash cam.
edit on 7-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

It hasn't been released because it obviously shows the cops in the wrong, theres no other reason for it.

Ah, yes. Obviously.

"No officer, you cannot search my house without a warrant."
"Why not? You must be hiding something."

Guilty until proven innocent?
edit on 9/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If I was asked if I had anything to hide, I'd tell them politely that I don't want my house torn apart. I don't have anything to hide, but I'd rather not have to spend my time cleaning up and putting things back after it was ransacked.

That alone should be sufficient...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I sort of like exercising my rights. Every chance I get.
Keeps them fit.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've had it happen to friends...

If you tell them no, and they want to search your home or car -- they're going to do it anyway. They will just make up some "probable cause" for a warrant, it doesn't take much. Either way you're going to get searched, so being an ass about it won't help the situation. Declining is fine, but I tell people not to be snarky about it. They are going to do what they want anyway, why escalate tensions any higher than needed. *sigh*

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

And a Republican at that

Man thats gotta get BLM and some on the lefts panties in a twist

Good on him, anytime something happens the information needs to be made public

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Oh BS. If the kid was black he'd already be labeled a thug and BLM would be the ones calling for transparency not a Senator.

OT: I'm glad that poor kids death is getting questioned by powerful people. It's sick what happened to him.

OH stop it........

Some one in the gov actually calls for the right thing to happen and you guys in the BLM crowd have to try and put a taint on it.......this just goes to show that the whole damn thing isnt about whats RIGHT, its about an agenda

Give me a break......
edit on 9/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If you tell them no, and they want to search your home or car -- they're going to do it anyway. They will just make up some "probable cause" for a warrant, it doesn't take much.

Fine. They still need a warrant. The hoops are there, make them jump through them. Don't roll over.

Declining is fine, but I tell people not to be snarky about it
Agree. 100%. Chances are you're smarter than they are. Use that, but in a way that let's them think they're still running the show. You don't have to be rude.

They are going to do what they want anyway, why escalate tensions any higher than needed.
Why let them violate your rights? That can turn into a bad habit.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have noticed that when the dash cam backs up the official story or clears the officer they can't get it to the news media fast enough. Every time they don't release it, it turns out not just bad but VERY bad for the official story and the officers involved. The dash cams and officer cams should stream straight to the internet for everyone to see. If the police truly had nothing to hide this is how it would work.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Stearman65

The dash cams and officer cams should stream straight to the internet for everyone to see. If the police truly had nothing to hide this is how it would work.

Huh. I wonder if you would feel that way if it was you on the camera.
You have no concerns about privacy of the "victims" or the police? Just stream everything? Forget any pretense of privacy?

edit on 9/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Stearman65

The dash cams and officer cams should stream straight to the internet for everyone to see. If the police truly had nothing to hide this is how it would work.

Huh. I wonder if you would feel that way if it was you on the camera.
You have no concerns about privacy of the "victims" or the police? Just stream everything? Forget any pretense of privacy?

Since when is anyone afforded privacy in a public setting?

If we were so worried about privacy there wouldn't be CCV on every corner and on every business.

Why can't they block out faces? Too hard of a concept?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

He definitely wont get another "Senator of the Year Award" from the Fraternal Order of Police again after this

Fraternal Order of Police, “2007 Senator of the Year”

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join