It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewilding Fraud, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've just been told of an interesting conversation overheard in a local rural pub. A man had some Gloucester Old Spot pigs. Some of the young pigs got in with the boar and this resulted in twenty four extra piglets he didn't want. His two companions were urging him to turn the piglets out in the Forest of Dean. This is a factor I hadn't considered. The Forest of Dean has become a dumping ground for excess pigs. Those who harvest wild food find this an excellent arrangement.

There must be reasons for calling free living pigs in the UK wild boar. Even in this statement outlining the evidence that they are not wild boar they are still referred to as wild boar. link.springer.com...

We used four genetic marker systems to assess the genetic status of a wild boar population in the Forest of Dean, western England. We found high frequencies of alleles of domestic origin at the mitochondrial control region and a nuclear pseudo-gene. Microsatellite-based analyses also suggested that English wild boars had a mixed wild boar/domestic pig ancestry. Therefore, it is debatable whether the wild boar in the Forest of Dean can be regarded as a restored native species.

Here we are told it doesn't really matter.
www.britishwildboar.org.uk...

Does it matter if there is some domestic blood in the UK boar?

It all boils down to personal taste.

What matters is being honest. If accuracy is sacrificed so early on what hope is there for the rest of the rewilding programme? Wild boar captured from the wild and re-introduced would be as near true wild boar as could be hoped for. They would have the unbroken knowledge of their species. Re-introduced hybrids that have lived several generations on a farm have lost their traditional knowledge.

Pigs are being released at scattered locations around the country according to reports. Some of these may be genuine wild boar. They will meet up due to their extraordinary sense of smell and hearing. A countrywide population of free living pigs carrying a high percentage of wild boar blood is almost inevitable. This will result in disease issues which will devastate commercial pig farming. Devastating traditional farming as it has developed over thousands of years is part of the rewilding fraud.

Today I also heard an eyewitness account of a sow attacking a donkey. The donkey walked into a stable, a sow and her piglets were already in there. The witness heard a commotion and rushed over to see the sow launch herself under the donkey, spin around, knocking the donkeys legs out from under it. Then the sow went for the donkeys throat. The witness threw a bucket of water over the sow and with help got the donkey out of the stable. This attack method could be why horses are often scared of pigs. We will see many more horse riders thrown and injured as the pig population explodes.

Fatal attacks on humans are rare but possible.
www.researchgate.net... Death by attack from a wild boar.

...the hallmark of boar attack is the infliction of multiple penetrating injuries to the lower part of the body

The honest appraisal of this situation is...

Hybrid pigs are being released with the intention of creating a countrywide free living population.
Car drivers will be killed in collisions.
Horse riders will be thrown.
Crops, sports fields, cemeteries, fencing and gardens will be damaged.
Rare attacks on humans will result in injuries and occasionally death.
Illegal hunting will become commonplace with all the attendant dangers.
Commercial pig farming will be smashed when disease spreads through the feral swine.

The dishonest appraisal is....

It's a honour to see this beautiful native wild animal after an absence of X hundred years.

The pig situation in the UK is being hopelessly romanticised to fit in with the rewilding fraud.

Real rewilding is something else altogether. Keep it real.

I was told recently George Monbiot is a plagiarist. I'll dig out some details.

Boymonkey will like this one.

edit on 7 9 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't understand why they let them free when so young?.
I would gut em and deep fat fry them whole.
Imagine the succulence of a baby pig.

But as we all know now that they are adult and roaming free my Monkeys will just have more War pigs to ride for when the time comes.

Now being serious
I hope the price of Bacon goes down
edit on 7-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Going slightly off topic, What are the re-wilders doing about the badger cull? What a euphonism, cull, read it as extinction. What happens when all the badgers are dead and gone will the re-wilders reintroduce them.
Badgers are a native species in the UK, they are wild animals, so why aren't the re-wilders doing more to stop this slaughter.
Whoops, sorry, you can't eat a badger.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

In the US in places where wild pigs (I'll call them) are growing by leaps and bounds because of their high rates of piglets per birth and frequency of litters, you will find few people to applaud the numbers except for hunters that don't own the gardens, fields or forests. They are a damned, difficult nuisance for other types of hunters, orchard growers, home gardeners and wildlife management.

You seem to want purity of breed. But that isn't the way of the world today is it?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Get in a Rustle a few. With any luck we might get caught and sent to Australia as punishment. Is that deal still running???

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Going slightly off topic, What are the re-wilders doing about the badger cull? What a euphonism, cull, read it as extinction. What happens when all the badgers are dead and gone will the re-wilders reintroduce them.
Badgers are a native species in the UK, they are wild animals, so why aren't the re-wilders doing more to stop this slaughter.
Whoops, sorry, you can't eat a badger.

They have. They said it would not be effective. The government ignored the scientific evidence and went ahead with a cull which.......was not effective. Oh my freking gawd, the scientific analysis and envionmental analysis was correct but the "pull an idea out of thin air cos I'm a farmer who believes in anecdotes" DIDN'T.

Tell me where are all the native species that would keep the boar numbers down? let me guess slaughtered to "protect the farmers stock" because a decent fence is too expensive........

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'm beginning to think these Forest of Dean pigs are War Pigs. Pigs whose existence here and now is being used to create war between humans. The cull sabbing activity has reached new lows which I won't publicise. Love the pigs, love the people.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I don't know what any rewilders think of the badger cull, but I do believe paid troublemakers are stirring up animosity between boar cull sabs and badger cull sabs. I expect it will be the same with putting the rewilders into their camp. Divide and rule. Foot and Mouth, Badger Cull, Boar Cull, Fox Hunting. All played up as divisive tools for the benefit of the elusive elite.

We have urban badgers living at the end of our street, ripping open the bin bags etc. Extinction isn't likely as long as we have towns and bin bags.

They do actually taste delicious. Like a mixture between everything. The badgers that is not the bin bags. I've eaten roadkill badger picked up by a vegan who couldn't bear to see waste. Since then I've been warned the less healthy animals are more likely to be roadkill.

My wonderful PCC Martin Surl went to see the badger cull firsthand and undercover. He came away with the impression it was a badly organised shambles. I believe it's a well organised shambles, fulfilling it's role as a route to trouble and worry. Then while we're pre-occupied all the rest of the crap goes down behind our backs.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wasnt aware that wild boar in the Forest of Dean (or anywhere else) was a consequence of any offical rewilding, or even wanted?

It shouldnt be linked with proper, controlled, plans for reintroducing other species, like bustards (for example)

However, very interesting to know how "wild boar" are spreading - not just through accidental escapes.

IMO boar are the most dangerous "wild" creatures to be found in Britain, and coupled with their destructiveness to the environment, not something we want. Now, wolves, on the other hand

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Now there's a coincidence. I just went out into the back garden and the neighbours security light came on. Then I heard the sound of an animal squeezing forcefully under the gate, then the unmistakeable sounds of a badger snuffling around. In town.

And here, for your delight...

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk...

Replace sheep with lynx and boar, TV presenter urges in 'rewilding' bid

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't want purity of breed, I just want honesty from all the different factions involved in the covert introduction and protection of wild pigs in Britain. They could be wiped out now if the will was there. There is a deliberate decision at the very top to have wild boar/pig hybrids running all over the country. And they want to call them wild boar. It's a fantasy world and it's fundamentally tied in to the rewilding fraud.

Look at the eyes of the guy at this link. Am I imagining it or does he have those out of focus cult victim eyes? www.bournemouthecho.co.uk...

One hunter introducing pigs can cause endless trouble for countless other land users and food providers.

edit on 7 9 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

We saw one dead on the road last time we were there, killed between the time we arrived and when we left a couple of hours later. Unfortunately it had met with a lorry and there wasn't enough left to justify hacking off a bit of free bacon.

Plenty of poaching goes on and it's most likely partly the 'free hunting" fraternity who are responsible for some of the releases.

Come to think of it. Bust out a few dozen boar from a farm. Leave animal rights type messages scrawled around the place. Enjoy free pig hunting whenever you want for as long as you want. Maybe even get paid for taking trophy hunters out shooting. And all from just ten minutes work cutting fences and writing messages.
edit on 7 9 2015 by Kester because: addition

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Boar numbers across Europe are increasing rapidly. www.climatenewsnetwork.net...

Increasingly mild winters and an abundance of acorns and nuts have caused a population explosion among wild boar in Europe.

An impossible number of natural predators would be needed to keep the British wild pigs at a healthy population density, partly due to large litters and a longer breeding season as a result of interbreeding with domestic pigs. This is a fantastic year for nuts and the pigs are going to do very well.

The badger cull is so messed up it can only be a method of causing distress and disagreement between humans rather than being a way of 'managing' animals.
edit on 7 9 2015 by Kester because: plural

edit on 7 9 2015 by Kester because: sentencing

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

It seems to be a tongue in cheek business. Smirks from certain TV presenters on hearing certain words. Rumours of possible help from fake Paul's wife.
www.theguardian.com...

It seems the first sightings of them living in any numbers in the wild were at Paul and Linda McCartney's estate near Peasmarsh in East Sussex.
Though of course it's covered by a story that they just gravitated there.

These are people working 'beyond authority'.
www.commonpurpose.org.uk...
www.amazon.co.uk...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe I'm imagining it but when I look at the eyes of the keen rewilders I see an out of focus look that stinks of cult possession, for want of a better term. They honestly believe deceiving us is for the greater good. When things go wrong they'll just disappear off on an extended 'eco holiday'.

On top of that we have the hunters generally who will benefit, and the restaurants, pubs etc. Then there's the poachers or 'free hunters'. I won't say which species it is but there's another creature frequently spread about by individuals who wait for it to colonise an area before harvesting it or even offering their services for pest control.

The dead giveaway is that the pigs could be wiped out now. Mass trapping this winter followed by merciless hunting US style with dogs would make a real dent. Anything else is letting them colonise the country. This is deliberate rewilding and the calls for lynx, wolves etc will grow louder. I don't believe the lynx was ever fully exterminated here. I've seen a number of black leopards, two that may have been pumas, heard two pumas and possibly seen a lynx but just a fleeting glimpse. Some of the black leopard sightings were clear as day and with other witnesses. We have predators.

The big difference we have now with a wild pig population is you can't walk through thick undergrowth without the possibility of this.
She may bite numerous times, deeply. The boars may slash you two inches deep across your thigh then run. Occasionally they may carry on an attack, sometimes fatally.

I sleep in the forest with a piece of tarp over me and pigs stalking around within thirty yards. I don't feel threatened doing that. But walking through the forest with a vulnerable companion it seems only sensible to carry some form of pig protection. That's a new one for me. We haven't had to do that for hundreds of years.
edit on 7 9 2015 by Kester because: order, order

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Here's a plainly stated opinion.

The reason the animals were introduced in the first place was pretty clear however. Some hunters fancied the opportunity to hunt the boar in the wild and released the animals illegally. One reported case in Co. Waterford saw a wild boar released into woodland in the Nire Valley, where a female boar was shot but not killed and left to roam injured in the woodland until some walkers found it and took it to the Deise Animal Sanctuary, a local animal shelter. The sad reality in that particular situation was that the animal was clearly a pet and whoever released it and tried to hunt it, did not have the know-how or the wit to do so properly, and is clearly not someone I believe most genuine hunters would care to be associated with.

In Britain, where wild boar were illegally introduced into the Forest of Dean, a genetic study by Frantz et al. (2012) revealed that the boar were hybrids between wild boar and domestic pigs. Due to the strict criterion of what exactly constitutes a native species based on IUCN guidelines, these animals did not qualify as a suitable population for restoration purposes, as they were not of pure wild boar genetic stock.

A similar by Allan McDevitt and co-authors, “Are wild boars roaming Ireland once more”, has just been published in the European Journal of Wildlife Research. McDevitt et al. obtained 15 samples of wild boar that had been shot by hunters and the National Parks and Wildlife Service in Ireland. Using reference samples from across Europe, McDevitt was able to characterise the genetic purity of the wild boar released in Ireland. What they found was rather surprising – the “wild boar” in Ireland were mostly derived from domestic pigs.

www.domeara.org...

top topics

join