It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times attacks Prime Minister Tony Abbott over 'stop the boats' policy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: marsend
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Were full mate! In case you aren't aware these people don't want to live in the bush where many of the original Aussies have fled since the cities are now full of foreign so called Australians,

So whats the issue then? Just go piss off and live in the bush away from where the immigrants want to live and there won't be a problem, will there!

the type that SBS tries to promote,

Yeah, well obviously a man of your intellect wouldn't be watching SBS, that kind of goes without saying.

I bet you watch 'today tonight' or 'a current affair' every night though, right?

we play spot the Aussie when we go to Sydney these days.

lol, when I was a kid we used to play that game with my dad, well driving though the western suburbs of Melbourne... Being the bunch of hick racists that us Aussies tend to be!

We should all be ashamed of ourselves. The rest of the world must just think of us as a bunch of simple minded morons, who are all half retarded from generations of sleeping with our sisters!

We need to grow up and accept our international obligations.

edit on 7-9-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I feel for aussies, growing up in Florida I've watched our state be taken over by immigrants that refuse to learn the language and in many places bring the same lousy politics from their home countries that they ran away from to their new home.

A country should be able to regulate the influx of immigrants, to make sure they bring in people that want to be Australian, or American, or English etc. Once they get people in that want to assimilate into the culture then work on the rest.

This accept everyone no questions asked policy is ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Mhmmm, and throwing open the floodgates to anyone who wants to jump on a rickety boat and rock up to our shores is a better idea? Why can't I just rock up to another country, claim assylum and get lots and lots of free stuff? I always liked the look of Canada, maybe I ought to try it there......

Let the refugees come through proper channels i.e. from the UN camps so we can sort the genuine i.e those poor people from Syria and ISIL held territories from the fakers ie 'economic' refugees from Pakistan who just buy a ticket on a boat to come to Aussie and live a dream life because home sucks in their opinion.
edit on 7-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

simple.wikipedia.org...

Its actually the 6th lowest

to drive for 2 straight days though inland Australia, without seeing another single soul.

That is desert, how will your refugees live there? Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry OP immigration is no longer a humanitarian issue but a national security issue within 5 years I guarantee Europe will be ablaze from pillar to post,I dont like Abbot but I think in a few years people will look back and see whilst tough it was the right thing to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

You are dead right. Why is it that nobody is questioning why the rich Arabic gulf States have taken in none, absolutely zero refugees? Yes, that's right, wealthy Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar etc have slammed their doors shut.

The answer? Infiltration.

Islamic fundamentalists have made it clear they have an agenda to take over the western world and by stirring up a bit of war to ship out Muslims by the million we are playing right into their hands by taking these people in. Most are genuine refugees, I get that, but some are genuine operatives sent to blend in with the crowd and set up cells in their new countries. And there are more of them getting through than we realize.

War has become a dirty, dirty game where people are the weapons and they play on our compassionate nature so they can get a foot in the door, then stab us in the back.
edit on 7-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
Asylum seekers and their movements are kept secret from the public in Australia and you know it.

Wrong actually, instead of giving a press conference every time a boatload of illegals arrived like the previous labor government did (which in some cases involved a daily press conference) the current government simply issues a monthly report, which is available to anyone who bothers to read it.

while we lock up REAL refugees,

Those illegals can leave the resorts anytime they want to, and remember, hundreds have gone back home as their attempt to illegally enter Australia has failed.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Whats really needed here is the creation of a UN agency to assign quotas based upon population density and national wealth to countries like Australia, the US, and the EU zone

Why only those countries?

Why do you ignore the fact that Australia resettles the 3rd highest number of refugees in the world, and the highest number per capita?

and mandate that they accept their annual fair share quota of refugees.

Australia already resettles the 3rd highest number of asylum seekers in the world, how much higher do you want us?

If the governments of those regions balk, then the UN should invoke punitive fines on those regions such that the regions are subjected to exorbitant taxation to pay the fines to the UN! Play or Pay!

How about the UN get off their bum and do something about the reason people are leaving their own countries?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Crack me up, do not assume on my intelligence, you may classify yourself as a hick, that's your choice! For your information I am well travelled and have lived in Muslim countries for work purposes. That was when you left Australia to see how the rest of the world lived. When we still had bullets in the undy draws and guns under the bed, in a country of considerable less crime with a future.

Go to Sydney fool most of the Aussies that I know, that are left there, hate the place. I can take you to a few places in Aussie where a foreigner will rape or smash your head in just because you are an Aussie, your welcome to try this, I would gladly drop you off. The next day when I visit you in hospital, that is if you choose to report the beating or rape, we will see if you still want all these fing immigrants, I am so over do gooders.

Sydney is like a foreign port, Aussie has been filled with Indians, who ring your phone to lie to you, with Yanks fleeing the US or Poms fleeing England, who come here and pretend to be Aussie and change our ways with there big mouths and ideas, as well as every other race, either because there fleeing their own countries due to stupid governments or barbaric religions or massive immigration. Aussies cant afford a home now as the Chinese own it all, I am just waiting for the road signs to be changed into Chinese.

Personally I have had enough and just want a civil war, so we can take our country back, and I do not care if your on the other side, we were taught to shoot straight and I will have a bullet for you.

Peace

edit on 7-9-2015 by marsend because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Maybe the NYT should pay for them, until then the NYT is not involved with Aussie foreign policy concerning immigration and should stfu.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
flagged and starred by an australia fed up with fools running this country. Sadly the opposition isn't any better,

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's so hard to find an Australian in Australia ...

lol, when I was a kid we used to play that game with my dad, well driving though the western suburbs of Melbourne... Being the bunch of hick racists that us Aussies tend to be!

... that they need to let more people illegally enter.

Sounds .. odd.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

To true, our political masters are out of touch, greedy, self serving and mostly run the country as shareholders. Many of them should be hung for treason of sorts or at least sent to jail for a very long time, no better to hang them, I would rather spend the money on education and our military. Australia has been run by self serving minorities for far to long.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Well of course they were immigrants. I dont care about immigraton. What I do care about is illegal immigration. What I do care about is taking in economic refugees. I don't want us taking economic refugees. It's BS. They can apply throuigh the regular channels.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh boo hoo. Colonisation happened a couple hundred years ago. The world has changed. Lands in the past were taken from people by force. This is not nearly the same situation at all.

Have you spoken to an aboriginal person lately? I have. The last one asked me to spare him a few ciggarettes. He was walking the street last night drunk as a skunk unable to walk in a straight line. What was on the front page of the brisbane paper on the weekend? A couple young aboriginal kids late at night outside because they didn't want to go home as it was "party night" for thier parents and they were afraid of going home. Their parents don't care. "Entire towns in crisis" they say. Don't get me wrong. There are good and bad of all races. But the majority of adult aboriginals that I have seen while living in australia live off government paychecks, get drunk regularly, cause public scenes shouting at thier SO about stuff, fighting, begging for money or smokes, and then abuse you for not giving them money or smokes that you don't have, and then stealing your lighter if you do have a smoke for them. I've even seen one abuse the hell out of an indian guy working at subway being racist because he didn't want indians in his country.

I don't care about immigration or race. There are legal ways to come into this country. Everyone should try that. Don't skip the queue.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

They can apply throuigh the regular channels.

What regular channels?

People always just eat up that complete nonsense by bigoted politicians, about how people should wait there turn and not jump the line. The joke is, there is no line in the first place for most of these people!

There only chance for a better life, where their lives aren't in constant danger, is to pay a people smuggler and attempt to get here on a leaky boat.

Then the Australian government locks women and children up with grown males in 'offshore' minimum security prisons (for years at a time in some cases), where rapes & assaults are common place.

Its inhumane and a disgraceful act to treat people like that.

The government also tries to convince us that people smugglers are immoral human beings, trading in human misery. But its well known that ASIO pays people smugglers to turn the boats back. So obviously its our government who's trading in human misery!

Besides, if attempting to reach the shores of Australia to claim refugee status, is actually an "illegal" act, then why would the government need to pay people smugglers to turn the boats back? I mean, the government doesn't bribe drug smugglers to turn the boats back, since drug smuggling is actually an illegal act and the government doesn't need to bribe them.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Actually, Australia has the 3rd least population density out of any country in the entire world. Its totally possible to drive for 2 straight days though inland Australia, without seeing another single soul.

Hmmm , most of that territory you are talking about is desert . Wait , most of these refugees live in deserts or something close to it . Welcome all you refugees , new blocks opening up in the nullabor now .

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
There only chance for a better life, where their lives aren't in constant danger, is to pay a people smuggler and attempt to get here on a leaky boat.

Very wrong actually, they are perfectly safe in Indonesia, having flown into there.

Then the Australian government locks women and children up with grown males in 'offshore' minimum security prisons (for years at a time in some cases), where rapes & assaults are common place.

They can leave anytime that they want to, and hundreds have.... the rapes and assaults are mostly done by illegals locked up with them - the very people you want released in Australia!

Besides, if attempting to reach the shores of Australia to claim refugee status, is actually an "illegal" act,

It is, hence the correct term "Illegal Maritime Arrival" and even the UN says that is illegal.

People smugglers and their supporters have lost a lot of money due to the current government very good working policies at stopping the illegals, and as we can see some people are upset by that!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

New York Times attacks Prime Minister Tony Abbott over 'stop the boats' policy. In which case abbot will cease doing it immeidately.

There is one small but very powerful country in the mid east that advocates moulticulturism for all other countires but they will have nothing to do multiucluralism themsevles.

Immgration of people from the third and second world is a form of subversion. The intent is destroy national identify and national pride. In such a country, the people turn inward and focus only on their own lives to the exlusion of national life, they care only about their own personal careers and family.

This form of subverson is designed to get citizens to care about nothing outside their own family, sport and pastimes.

When the population of the country bevhaves in this way they care litte for the affairs of state and ignore what goes on around them.

A nation of such people are easy to take over using slient weapons like muticulturalism, diversity (which means exlcusion of whites) and calls for tolerance (to non christan non white populations)

Such countries become bitza countrires, bitza this, bitza that, bitza everything, and will not stand up and fight for anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join