It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times attacks Prime Minister Tony Abbott over 'stop the boats' policy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Kinda funny that Abbott is an immigrant himself.Abbott's a tw*t. Never liked him. He should take in some of the refugees and so should the yanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Whats really needed here is the creation of a UN agency to assign quotas based upon population density and national wealth to countries like Australia, the US, and the EU zone and mandate that they accept their annual fair share quota of refugees.

Or at the very least, the UN just needs to name and shame Australia. As a freeloading nation who's refusing to live up to its international obligations.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Metallicus
They are protecting their borders from illegal foreign invaders. Sounds like the right thing to do to me. What am I missing?

The urge to swallow all the "oh the humanity" propaganda.
Use children, women, special interest groups to sell a larger agenda.
An agenda that coincidentally disinherits your children from control of the very nation of their birth.

And................................its working! Of course, the question no one's addressing or has thought about is that when you separate or otherwise alienate the children (and of course parents as well) from any sense of allegiance to the nation of their birth........who's going to sign up to defend said region when its attacked? "Citizenship" is reduced to nothing more than a work permit. I would also expect that collecting taxes in any form other than sales or VAT type tax will become increasingly difficult. So...what do you end up with?

A combination of Greece and Libya.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Actual war refugee's sure. Political refugees. Sure. But not economic refugees like the majority. And the boat people who come to our country jumping the queue... Well the MAJORITY of them are economic refugees. That's a fact. Another fact is most of the illigel immigrants coming to our country come via plane. Why does it have to be european countries, australia, usa? Why cant it be their neighbouring countries? Or african countries? or asian countries? or russia?

Why does it always have to be the West or.. "rich" countries?

You see like 2000 "refugees" try and get a full train load across into britain from france? If theyre political or wartime refugees you would think they would be happy with living in france? Nope. They're econommic refugees. They know if they get to britain they would have it easier, better benefits, etc...

Australian are australians. We have a right to keep who the hell we want out of our country you twat!
edit on 7-9-2015 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A freeloading nation are we? You have the eureka stockade as your banner. Saying the location as a great southern land. Sounbds like you should be changing your whole persona... Location to "Freeloaders?" Eureka stockade peoppple didnt wwant the monarchy... other people in a far off land telling them what to do.... .but you want the UN and NY times and other countries to do just precisely that??? You're a joke!

NY Times why don't you focus on your on countries problems first instead of trying to tell the rest of the world how to live.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
They're third world freeloaders who don't have anything to offer a civilised Western country...except a lot of grief. It makes a mockery of the whole idea of migration when a bunch of tossers from nowhereland can just turn up and expect money, accommodation, benefits - just because some bottom-feeding politicians and journos in America and Europe say they should be allowed.

Stop the world, I wanna get off...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Its well overdue that attention was brought to the Australian government and how they're freeloading on there international obligations.

Freeloading...how do you figure it is freeloading. We still take in asylum seekers.

All Australian citizens should be ashamed of themselves!

Speak for yourself

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

A freeloading nation are we? You have the eureka stockade as your banner. Saying the location as a great southern land.

That's right, mate. I do have the Eurekea Stockade flag as my avatar. Because it represents the common man standing up to TPTB to demand there right to a decent quality of life.

All humans deserve the chance to live in a land that allows this right, imo.

Its also very interesting to note that a lot of the Eureka Stockade revolutionaries, where in fact immigrants.
edit on 7-9-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
Best answer yet. Thanks

The NY Times can print what it likes,

Yes they always have , whether it has an inkling of truth , morality , or sense of reasoning.
After all it is "New York" Times

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Your right... it is an incredibly beautiful country. But the people who inhabit it are extremely simple, to say the least.

Bunch of spoiled racist rednecks, every single one of them!

I still live with the hope that I'll one day win the lottery and be able to move away from these bunch of simple minded intolerable twits.

And you show the Eureka flag...sounds like you want to run your own form of tyranny

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

other people in a far off land telling them what to do.... .but you want the UN and NY times and other countries to do just precisely that??? You're a joke!

Exactly, the hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Australian are australians. We have a right to keep who the hell we want out of our country you twat!

Tell that to the aboriginal Australians and see what kind of response you get. Why is it ok for one bunch of unwanted foreigners to move in but not another?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Massive issue with racism in Australia. It's almost innate.

Shame really, because the country itself is amazing but the old fashioned views within are not.

Oh sure, let them stay at your house then!! Nobody wants UN-vaccinated troublemakers who will for an absolute FACT all move to the same place, not follow or respect the host nations laws and then march around demanding Sharia law let alone probably allow Islamic Terrorist to sneak into the country and end up like France. I do not blame anyone for not wanting them in their country. They are trouble!! They need to grow a set and fix their own land.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

They need to grow a set and fix their own land.

Sure like it's real easy to do. They should have no problem fighting the people that turned their nations into hellholes after all these rebels, terrorist or whatever you want to call them are only backed by the most powerful nations on the planet. Western nations helped turn these people nations into hellholes so they should be forced to take these refugees in maybe then the Western nations will start to mind their own business.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

not follow or respect the host nations laws and then march around demanding Sharia law let alone probably allow Islamic Terrorist to sneak into the country and end up like France.

Oh yeah, what a truly intellectual and well thought out argument... we got a genuine einstein right there!

As if its only immigrants who don't always follow the laws. That's why prisons are completely dominated by people who were actually born in said country, right?

Also, feeble minded christian values are the only thing that anyone's ever tried to impose on me. Usually by blue eyed red necks with an extremely low IQ.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Australia is full, go back to where you came from and fix the problems there. We already have enough issues that no one is talking about. Don't let them here Tony.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: marsend
Australia is full, go back to where you came from and fix the problems there.

Actually, Australia has the 3rd least population density out of any country in the entire world. Its totally possible to drive for 2 straight days though inland Australia, without seeing another single soul.

So yeah, we're are far from being "full".

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Mate, I am well aware of what is and is not in Aussie. I have travelled the great land many times and lived in many places. Were full mate! In case you aren't aware these people don't want to live in the bush where many of the original Aussies have fled since the cities are now full of foreign so called Australians, the type that SBS tries to promote, we play spot the Aussie when we go to Sydney these days. The real Aussies have had enough.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I disagree, THERE ABSOLUTELY IS NOTHING WRONG WITH LIMITING THE IMMIGRATION INTO YOUR COUNTRY. As an american, I see over and over again the cycle that is created with unfettered immigration. It has been ongoing for almost 100 years now. You let people in, they devalue wages, wages stagnate, you need more to get people work at those wages, this turns around and creates lower wages, that stagnate in contrast to inflation, which in turns require you to bring more in to work at the lower wages. Do you not see the cycle. Why in the USA is it that only ilegal imma=igrants will harvest crops? Because there the only ones willing to bust there ass for 14 hours a day making 8 dollars an hour to do it. What if it was 15 or 20 dollars an hour, well, I guarentee there would be be willing to do it. The problem though is the unfettered global trade, which pits your nation against nations that utilize slave labor or near slave labor will always kill jobs in your nation which also depresses wages. I think what Australia is doing makes sense, its smart, and if you dont like it, you should leave and go to a country where people believe as you do, then you can be the immigrant and screw tax payers over. These people coming over in boats are criminals, and that is why there in detention centers. It is not the taxpayers responsibility to provide comfort to these people. Its the nations which are forcing them out. the governments responsibility is to get these people out of the country as cheaply and effectively as possible.

Camain

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You may have been able to drive for two days straight and seen no one twenty years ago, but you are dreaming if you think its like that now. And once again we are full, find another country to root. We have enough trouble here now, since we got this new class or refugee in the last 10 or so years. All I can say is they all should go back to where they came from they are not like us and never will be, regardless of how your kidding your self and SBS tries to make out its all so good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join