It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse me for a minute....I'll post this anywhere I have to.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
You're doing better than me Jude.

3 days is the best I've done. I've tried 2 twice in the last 6 months to no avail.

I'm not sure if I even have it in me to ever quit, but I'll keep trying I suppose.

Keep it up man, whatever you need to do, do it.

This is how I do it:

1.5 pks of cigarettes is approx 1 oz of silver. CDN ... It may not work for everyone but I think we all have to find our own motivation.

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: jude11

I'm guessing you moment has passed now but as a smoker I have to say you pile of silver in the other thread inspired me to stop smoking forever!

The only reason I have not stopped yet is I have not had the time to figure out what I could afford after just one month of not smoking, I am thinking about a new power tool( I love my power tools).

I am taking inspiration from you and yours conviction and will be printing out a pic of my new tool(A rather tasty nailgun if you must know) to carry around with me in case I feel the need to weaken.

Be strong, take a walk or just sit grinning with your silver in you hand.

I get the big picture of a big goal but that won't work for me.

I am buying 1oz per day of silver so I can have the immediate reward. Maybe it grows in value as well (I know it will
)

Then I would take all the silver to make the big purchase.

I'm finding that a little shiney each day works for me.

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Whatever the addiction, it's all a personal battle at the core.

I sent you a PM.

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That sounds like a plan, I'm guesing that your local shop will not take silver for a pack of smokes if your desperate!

I am sure that it will mount up soon, my father did the same thing when he stopped. Every day he put the money in a jar and when he wanted to smoke tried to take the money out to buy a pack. He was always happy the next day when he did not do it and got to a couple of grand pretty quickly.

Well done, keep going.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I quite smoking cigarettes 12 years ago. I had smoke for 30 years, yet I was able to quite in a two week period by using a patch. Then for some reason after been smoke free for 12 years I start smoking a pipe. I love it! I love the smell and taste.
I go to a smoke shop once a week and buy 8 ounces of my favorite tobacco and I am good to go. After two weeks of quitting smoking it should get easier. However you will have dreams from time to time that you are smoking and you will taste the tobacco.
edit on 6-9-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

That sounds like a plan, I'm guesing that your local shop will not take silver for a pack of smokes if your desperate!

I am sure that it will mount up soon, my father did the same thing when he stopped. Every day he put the money in a jar and when he wanted to smoke tried to take the money out to buy a pack. He was always happy the next day when he did not do it and got to a couple of grand pretty quickly.

Well done, keep going.

My local shop wouldn't know real silver to look at it.

I have a feeling that'll change very quickly tho. Uh-oh...Conspiracy coming on...

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: proob4
You can always trade in your silver coins (for a big loss) and buy a bag of tobacco and some tubes and a cigarette injector and still save way more than to claimed you wasted smoking on your other thread?

Thanks,

Careful calculations, numbers, bank accounts and cash on hand lead me to the exact numbers of my saving. So I have no idea as to what you are talking about.

If you are being antagonistic, I'm on my last !@#$ nerve so we either get each other right now or go our separate ways.

If I am completely misreading this, oops.

Jude
Just sayin'. Also if you do end up being smoke free, please don't get smug as i see that's where this is going already.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Don't. give.up. Don't. give.in.

Proud of you and the Mrs., Jude. It's a hard fought and well won battle.

You got this

Jas

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You can always trade in your silver coins (for a big loss) and buy a bag of tobacco and some tubes and a cigarette injector and still save way more than to claimed you wasted smoking on your other thread?

Thanks,

Careful calculations, numbers, bank accounts and cash on hand lead me to the exact numbers of my saving. So I have no idea as to what you are talking about.

If you are being antagonistic, I'm on my last !@#$ nerve so we either get each other right now or go our separate ways.

Jude
Just sayin'. Also if you do end up being smoke free, please don't get smug as i see that's where this is going already.

I will absolutely deny smugness.

I know many become that way and it's a topic that has already come up with me.

I give you my word. Promise.

No smugness.

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I really like that idea.

I'm just not sure if there is any equivalent around here.

I smoke about 1.5-2 packs a day at $5.65 USD. That does add up pretty quick. I've recently had to quit another habit though and my stress levels are through the roof!

Kudos Jude, you got this.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Think about this:

Because I quit smoking years ago, I'm here writing this line now.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Stopping smoking was the second hardest thing I ever did - I had bad cravings. What I did was smoke these awful 'herbal' cigarettes that cost a fortune and were awful. I was determined eventually I was done and quit them too and it was a lot better.

The 'Three Rule' is in effect for any 'detox' situation. The hard places (particularly hard that is) are 3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months and three years after that - you've got a great chance. I've found it to be generally true with a number of offending substances (gluten right now - just past three weeks and better).

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Does this help?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thanks,

Jude

I will absolutely deny smugness.

I know many become that way and it's a topic that has already come up with me.

I give you my word. Promise.

No smugness.

Jude
Don't get me wrong, I applaud you and your determination. Glad you found a alternative. My only snarky remark basically was about you trying to get back what yo payed into silver and how much you was paying for packaged cigarettes.

i hope it works out for you and your wife, honestly.

Anyway i do consider you one of my friends here on ATS, and i am glad you are still with us.
edit on 9/6/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i went to AA to see if their 12 step program would help me quit smoking. that was a mistake. they didn't want me actually going to the meetings because many former alcoholics, smoke when they crave alcohol to help fend off the cravings/nerves. and someone feeling bad about smoking makes the AA folks feel as if they have to give yet something else up while still struggling with the alcohol addiction. so i just read their 12 step program instead. has some really good pointers for just about any addiction since it deals with similar mechanisms (nervous system dependence)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
double
edit on 7-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
For me, I needed something that 1) occupies my hands, and 2) forces me to focus only on what I'm doing in the exact present moment.

I was something of a musician in my more youthful days but drifted away from it over the years. So I picked it up again. And over six months later, I hardly think about cigarettes. When you have a craving, practice your instrument. It does both of those two things mentioned above, and I'm a more proficient musician than I've ever been as an added bonus.

But that's just me. If you don't play, find something in your life that will do those two things and let it be your go-to release of withdrawal tension.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Up your ecig game! What's your set up and what kind of juice are you using? Nicotine concentration and VG/PG ratio?

I bump up my nicotine level if I get antsy or pop on an atomizer that produces way more vapor and I'm set. You might want to invest some $ in a new set up and the juice you're using may not be all that great. It will replicate smoking better if you have a set up that throws out more vapor, make sure the ratio is better and perhaps up your nicotine level.

I know the rage, stay strong it gets better.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I quit smoking cold turkey six years ago. I'd been smoking for more than twenty years.

One of the things that kept me going in the early days was the "rule of threes" that someone mentioned to me.

He claimed that the hardest milestones to pass were 3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. But that after I passed each one the next one would be easier.

The OP is about to approach a big one ... 3 weeks. So that's probably why the cravings hit hard.

I found my cravings were mostly situational. At first there were tons of situations. Everything from waiting for a bus to drinking a cup of coffee. But slowly the situations diminished. Until only extreme frustration made me crave a cigarette.

I've had a lot of periods of extreme frustration over the last six years. But I've never lit up.

Quitting seemed relatively easy for me. But that may have just been a result of good planning. And developing strategies to deal with the problems which would arise along the way.
edit on 7-9-2015 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join