It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney blames the refugee crisis on Obama's failed foreign policy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Per Fox News, Former Vice-President Cheney places the current refugee crisis in Europe directly on Obama. He states the failure to leave troops in Iraq is the cause for the development of Isis.

Arming Isis and his mixed goals of removing Assad, from what I can see, has also added to the mess.

In this, Cheney is spot on.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 6-9-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

He's sort of got it right. Isis (whatever the media portrays it as) has as its military leadership the former officers of the Saddam regime. In many ways the Iraq war is still being fought today, those military leaders are leading a counter attack.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That sounds right to me. Obama has had six years to fix things. At this point it is Obama's fault.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Of course it is Obama's fault!

The state of the ME is the fault of any and every admin that played the game of arming rebels and starting proxy wars.
They are all guilty of it, including obama.
Our most recent war there destabilized the area even more.

We couldn't leave the troops in Iraq, they didn't want us there anymore.
ETA: Which makes sense since they were just involved in a war that should have never happened in the first place.
Sadaam was a prick, but he sure as hell kept the power in his hands, toppling him created the void that ISIS stepped into.
www.politifact.com...

When Obama took office in January 2009, he inherited a plan that President George W. Bush forged in 2008 with then-Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. That Status of Forces Agreement called for the withdrawal of all American troops by the end of 2011.

edit on thSun, 06 Sep 2015 16:14:35 -0500America/Chicago920153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's none of our business.

But I suppose this is just another thing to blame Obama for.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I take it that Cheney still thinks invading Iraq was the correct decision.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Six years to fix an area that has been war torn for decades.

Seems like an easy fix.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Exactly. Blaming Obama for a situation he and his boss created.

That's convenient.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
That sounds right to me. Obama has had six years to fix things. At this point it is Obama's fault.

So you support the idea that Obama should be a dictator? You should take a lesson on how things work in the American government.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Another fine example of Massive, Colossal, Mammoth Big Government Failure.

They just can't seem to get the failure monkeys off their backs can they.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ya the Iraq war was a massive failure, got that right!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

When a good portion of those refugees are given entrance to the U.S., again by Obama, it becomes 'our business'.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If someone pissed on your rug you would probably go to them to get a new one right?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yea, like he doesn't share any responsibility for where the middle east is at now.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Per Fox News, Former Vice-President Cheney places the current refugee crisis in Europe directly on Obama. He states the failure to leave troops in Iraq is the cause for the development of Isis.

Arming Isis and his mixed goals of removing Assad, from what I can see, has also added to the mess.

In this, Cheney is spot on.

www.foxnews.com...

Darth Cheney is an idiot. Maybe he would understand better as to why we didn't keep troops in Iraq had he bother to read the agreement his boss signed that stated when our troops would leave Iraq.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: introvert

When a good portion of those refugees are given entrance to the U.S., again by Obama, it becomes 'our business'.

Did you read the actual story you linked to?

Tens of thousands of refugees from Syria, Iran, Pakistan and other Middle East countries are now flooding into Europe as a result of civil wars and terror attacks in that region.

I've not seen where any portion of these refugees are being let in to the US, let alone a "good portion".

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If we were still following Cheney's policies, all of those refugees would've simply been killed in another invasion or would be getting tortured in prisons like Abu Ghraib. So in a perverted way, I guess he's right.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So the VPOTUS from Haliburton is trying to re-write history is he?

Sorry Dick, the blame for Isis lays squarely in the lap of you and your chums.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The whole gang Bush, Cheny, Rumsfelt, wolfowitz should be in jail.

They started the fire and the fire became bigger and bigger.Sure perhaps Obama wasn't the best firefighter, but some fire's are out of control.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, he not wrong, exactly...

He just ignores, ignored, his presidents roll in it. ...and the one's before him. ...and the Israeli's. The Egyptians. Saudis. Palestinians. Jordanians. Iranians. Iraqis. British. Russians. Romans. Greeks. Persians. Etc...

No one holds a monopoly on the blame.

We really need to stop acting like one group is oh, so more guilty then others...

really prevents anything from ever changing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join