It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Transgender Illegal Immigrant Felon Can't Be Deported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

While in the United States, Avendano-Hernandez was twice convicted of driving under the influence in 2006 and was deported following the second offense, a felony because she and the other driver both sustained injuries.

link

So a felon for driving drunk a SECOND TIME, then snuck back and somehow got probation and violated that probation.
See a cycle here?

A habitual drunk driver!

Oh yeah 'Merkia sure needs more of those alright.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

ah you added a link.

Should we deport our citizen criminals too?
edit on thSun, 06 Sep 2015 13:15:20 -0500America/Chicago920152080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You just answered your OWN question
CITIZEN

And enough of the strawman arguements. He's here ILLEGALLY.
edit on 9/6/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

You just answered your OWN question
CITIZEN

And enough of the strawman arguements. He's here ILLEGALLY.

Way to not let them blur the line between legal and illegal.

That is their strategy.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I am not trying to blur anything, the biggest issue we are making is that she is a felon.

You also said that if we are not willing to die for this country then get out, I am not necessarily ready to die for this country, should I get out?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I am not trying to blur anything, the biggest issue we are making is that she is a felon.

That and the fact they are in this country ILLEGALLY, yet another CRIME

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You also said that if we are not willing to die for this country then get out, I am not necessarily ready to die for this country, should I get out?

My comments this morning were not directed at you.

I am using hyperbole to make my point.

Of course you could stay. Just get a gun and learn to shoot straight.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

Then why not come here LEGALLY, or any OTHER country non gender biased?
Why not go the legal route and not break the laws of THAT country?
Just because you choose to identify yourself as a different gender does NOT give you license to break the laws of the other countries of the world

You are assigning a significance to the transgender angle of this that it is simply not deserving of. She didn't just go get gender reassignment in order to feel justified to hop the border, and therefore it has nothing to do with the actual issue. She's been a "she" for most of her life; this is not a new development for her...I promise you, she did not go out and alter the very core of who she was as a person just so she could get "license to break the laws of other countries of the world". I do, however, find it amusing that you actually think that our country is really that much of a coveted haven though. That's cute.

What "legal route" are you referring to, exactly? She was doing nothing illegal in her country, yet she was treated so badly that she was forced to flee and continue to do so to escape being subjected to more torture in THAT country. And because in America, we tend to frown upon things like condemning another living, breathing human being to a life of certain torture and suffering, she has found asylum. The only things that make it newsworthy are the facts that she's transgender and a felon...but only because people are making a big deal out of it, to have something else to sling hatred at and complain about.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I am using hyperbole to make my point.

Glad you said that, that was my intention too.

She came here to escape torture and rape, I know you are mad at the bigger issue which you are more then entitled to be mad at but I would say this one is different.
And once you can get refugee status, don't think you are considered illegal anymore.
Statue of liberty rings a bell here.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
What is more important, upholding basic human dignity or trying to somehow quantify the worth of the individual for whom that dignity is being upheld?

I think that question has been answered.

She's here illegally. No human dignity, decency, or safety from torture are more important than that one fact.

HomerinNC, what should be done? She came here illegally. She drives drunk and has been punished just as legal citizens are. So, she's not "getting away" with anything. She has been tortured in her home country and is taking refuge here. She didn't get here legally, but she's legal now, under anti-torture conventions. That doesn't mean she's a citizen, but she is legal. She has the legal right to be here.

What should be done, now?

By the way, I fail to see what her gender identification has to do with this story, other than being the reason she was tortured in her home. Why does the reason matter?
edit on 9/6/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This woman needs to be sent to a country where there is no alchohol to drink. I got a solution. send her to work janitorial at the Antartic base in antartica,and forbid alchohol there. Then everyone eventually forgets about her and we move on. OH and she has to work to pay restitution for breaking immigration law and to get her citizenship.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's a little more involved than a dress dude. There's also a matter of cutting your genitals open and folding them inside out (which to a lot of guys would be at the top of the torture pyramid way above whatever would happen if they didn't get to stay) and going thru some radical bio chemical changes.

So as long as Canada is willing to let immigrants "keep their bags packed" I really don't think we're gonna be overrun by bronze skinned transsexuals... But if I'm wrong we'll just give them all free Ashley Madison profiles and a bunch of preachers can leave their wives and run off with them and we won't have to hear anymore about how gays and transsexuals are taking all the morality out of legally owning your sexual partner for life, which will make it no big deal that we are having to let all these trans-bordered people have modified their plumbing.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

And how do we know it was really tortured? Obviously because it told us. It's not like the Mexican govt. would admit to it. How do we know it's not lying?

Anyway, the law is supposed to be blind. Officials are not supposed to make exceptions on a whim. A 90 year old white Grandmother is going to go to jail if she steals something, they aren't going to make an exception. One time I was speeding because my dog was dying and I was trying to race to the animal hospital. No compassion there, I still got ticket. Why is this trans Mexican different? Oh yeah, cause it's serving an agenda.

"It"? What is this "it" garbage? This woman is a person, not a thing. Why are you even going there?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What proof did HE provide HE was being tortured ?

Or did the 'judge' just take his 'word' for it ?

The word of a habitual drunk driver?

If anything drunk drivers just might deserve to get a beat down.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I have ZERO hatred for TG's, as a matter of fact, I have a buddy that is TG and former air Force, and a great person at that. Hell, they are my study partner for school as they took the classes I'm taking now in college.

The issue is they were here illegally, committed a crime, got off lightly, could have been deported then and wasnt. They committed the SAME CRIME AGAIN, injured someone in the process. Now the govt wants them deported before they hurt anyone else.They commited a crime TWICE.
The law is you get caught, you get deported. Thats it. Case closed.
As far as the torture thing goes, apply for asylum, then I'd respect your right to stay here.
Dont sneak in, get caught then cry about abuse.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So if every felonious illegal alien becomes a cross-dresser, they all get to stay here indefinitely?

I'm shaking my head but its not helping...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

So if every felonious illegal alien becomes a cross-dresser, they all get to stay here indefinitely?

You are confusing transvestites with transsexuals.
Grow up.

edit on 9/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Nope, that isn't what is happening.
This person is claiming refugee status, which is open to everyone.
Just so happens to be that she is trans which is causing the need for it.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think that question has been answered.

She's here illegally. No human dignity, decency, or safety from torture are more important than that one fact.

HomerinNC, what should be done? She came here illegally. She drives drunk and has been punished just as legal citizens are. So, she's not "getting away" with anything. She has been tortured in her home country and is taking refuge here. She didn't get here legally, but she's legal now, under anti-torture conventions. That doesn't mean she's a citizen, but she is legal. She has the legal right to be here.

What should be done, now?

By the way, I fail to see what her gender identification has to do with this story, other than being the reason she was tortured in her home. Why does the reason matter?

The gender ID is nothing more than political baiting. The reason shouldn't matter. It only matters because it's being used as an excuse to spread hatred. She is not here illegally anymore at this point, so the focus will be about the next best thing--in this case, gender reassignment and a penchant for drunk driving. Point is, she isn't going back to a life of torture and that's all that should matter. The whole country isn't about to be overrun with transgender illegals just because of this one person, and that is the tone that was set here in the OP.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Getting probation for a DUI is not getting off lightly, that is what happens to everyone till your third.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join