It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge upholds Arizona's 'show your papers' immigration law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I hope Trump gets in.

I would volunteer to drive the bus to remove the criminals from my Nation.

I would gladly save you a seat...🚌

Exactly my fear. I'm a US citizen, born and bred. Simply because I disagree with you, you'd gladly throw me on a bus and do with me whatever you find "suitable".

Whether you realize it or not, you're proving my point about the direction you want to take this.

That is not what America is about. THAT is anti-american.
edit on 6-9-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We can't just stick our head in the ground and scream the system works. It doesn't and we have been shown that.

The only reason the system isn't working is because the law is selectively being enforced.

Here's another little factoid.

There have been 7 'attempts' to fix the 'problem' over the past 40 years.

And ALL failed.

The Seven Amnesties Passed by Congress

There was an 8th attempt, but was snip blocked by his critics.

en.wikipedia.org...

Again NO reform is needed.

Create a law. Enforce the law.

Or just don't write them in the first place.

The entire immigration 'issue' undermines the very foundation of the legislative bodies.

It's like what the hell do we even have them for.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is simply amazing to me that many of those in this thread that are in favor of everyone having to "show their papers" self-identify as "conservatives".

True conservatives demand minimal intrusion by the government into a citizen's day to day life.

This has a definite whiff of fascism to it. And we all know that fascism is far left wing, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Ya we seem to be getting really close to the meme of if you don't like it you can get out...

I feel like this could be Trumps campaign moto and his numbers would go up.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
It is simply amazing to me that many of those in this thread that are in favor of everyone having to "show their papers" self-identify as "conservatives".

True conservatives demand minimal intrusion by the government into a citizen's day to day life.

This has a definite whiff of fascism to it. And we all know that fascism is far left wing, right?

And there isn't 'nothing' fascist about having to show our papers everywhere else in modern day life.

Especially purchasing firearms.

Why yes nothing FASCIST about that at all!

Of course that came from the so called 'liberals'.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That is why Trump is so popular. He is saying the things that many certain people wish they could say, and it is even empowering them and encouraging them to open-up and openly admit their inner thoughts/feelings.

They have become a parody of themselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Populist candidates never seem to get elected but they do stir the pot.

Perot comes to mind.

edit on 9/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And there isn't 'nothing' fascist about having to show our papers everywhere else in modern day life.

Which is confusing rights with privileges.

The gun issue is a right agreed.
Think there is more to that tho, as in routes to go that you don't have to show your ID every time but this isn't the thread for that.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ya he seems to just attract those that want to go around offending anyone they can on a massive scale.

Great leadership trait... should work very well when dealing with other nations.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: yuppa

If you are here illegally you should have no more rights than the right to a speedy trial and deportation and basic human rights to avoid abuse.

A speedy trial, huh?
There's only 450,000 of them lined up. How many immigration courts are there? How many cases a day can each go through.
So, you agree that their rights are being violated?
trac.syr.edu...

Currently our "great leader" chooses to not enforce this law
I'm sorry...what? If the law is not being enforced, why is the backlog growing?

Actually speedy trials can be 3-5 mins a peice if its just th judge deciding. Since they are not legal citizens summary trials like i propose will work much better. NExt. you crossed illegally yes? yes sir. why? fo r my family. No excuse deport. NEXT! Just like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Unless you snuck across an International Border.

You have nothing to worry about.

Breaking a law then expecting a Nation to welcome you with open arms, That's crazy.

Some of you go right ahead and self loath. America must of rejected you.

Boo Hoo, I didn't get rich. So now I will demand everthing be given to me.

What kind of life is it to watch for the Mailman to see if I got my free money.

Some of you bleeding hearts are so cowardly it's actually pathetic.

200 years ago....My ancestors would of got a rope.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Since they are not legal citizens summary trials like i propose will work much better.

Due process only applies to those who look and talk like you?
Guilty until proven innocent? Good idea.

edit on 9/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

200 years ago....My ancestors would of got a rope.

Keep it up, man. Tell us how you really feel. We need people like you to speak out so we have someone to illustrate what America should not be or become.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Fine lets go back to the laws before and see how you like it.

Fine by me my lineage dates back to the 1700s before there ever was a US.

But until we do some serious reform to the system people are going to do it. Building big walls and passing more laws, which I know you are ever so fond of, isn't going to do anything.

There doesn't need to be 'reform'. What needs to be done is laws ENFORCED.

The entire idea behind immigration law in the first place is to slow immigration to a trickle, and let the country absorb what it has. To make sure there are enough RESOURCES to go around.

In case people missed it. There's not enough to go around. This country doesn't need more people until it sorts out what it already has.

Here is one of the infamous 1% that has orchestrated and implemented open borders!

All the screaming about the 1% and the evil bankers?

Check out who those are supporting amnesty are supporting!

Peter Sutherland is chairman of Goldman Sachs International (1995–current). He is former chairman of BP plc (1997–December 2009). He was appointed chairman of the London School of Economics in 2008. In addition to his chairmanships listed above, he is a member of the Supervisory Board of Allianz and the Advisory Board of Eli Lilly. He is currently UN special representative for migration and development. Before these appointments he was the founding director-general of the World Trade Organization. He had previously served as director-general of GATT since July 1993 and was instrumental in concluding the Uruguay GATT Round Negotiations. Prior to this position, he was chairman of Allied Irish Banks from 1989 to 1993 and chairman of the Board of Governors of the European Institute of Public Administration (Maastricht) from 1991 to 1996. Educated at Gonzaga College, University College Dublin, and at the Honorable Society of King’s Inns, from 1969 to 1871, Mr. Sutherland was a tutor in law at University College Dublin. From 1981 until early 1982, he was attorney general of Ireland and was a member of the Council of State. He was reappointed in 1982 and served until 1984 when he was nominated by the Government of Ireland as a member of the Commission of the European Communities in charge of competition policy. During his first year at the Commission he was also responsible for social affairs, health and education, and thereafter for relations with the European Parliament. He is associated with the following organizations: World Economic Forum, Foundation Board member; The Federal Trust, president; European Policy Centre Advisory Council, member; goodwill ambassador to the United Nations Industrial Development Organization; and consultor for the Administration of the Patrimony of the Holy See. His publications include the book Premier Janvier 1993: Ce qui va changer en Europe (1989) and numerous articles in law journals. He chaired the committee that reported to the EEC Commission on the functioning of the internal market after 1992 (The Sutherland Report) and was presented with the Robert Schuman Medal for his work on European integration, and the David Rockefeller Award of the Trilateral Commission. Mr. Sutherland was a Trilateral Commission author of 21st Century Strategies of the Trilateral Countries: In Concert or Conflict (1999, with Robert B. Zoellick and Hisashi Owada) and was elected European chairman of the Commission for three terms (2001-2010). He has been decorated by the United Kingdom (honorary knighthood), France, Belgium, Brazil, the Vatican, Portugal, Spain, and New Zealand, and he has fifteen honorary degrees.

Notice where the link is from!

Trilateral Commission

It gets better from an interview in 2012!

Peter Sutherland told peers the future prosperity of many EU states depended on them becoming multicultural.

He also suggested the UK government's immigration policy had no basis in international law.

He was being quizzed by the Lords EU home affairs sub-committee which is investigating global migration.

Mr Sutherland, who is non-executive chairman of Goldman Sachs International and a former chairman of oil giant BP, heads the Global Forum on Migration and Development , which brings together representatives of 160 nations to share policy ideas.

He told the House of Lords committee migration was a "crucial dynamic for economic growth" in some EU nations "however difficult it may be to explain this to the citizens of those states".

EU should 'undermine national homogeneity' says UN migration chief

Now look at the EU and the farce in the US with our free pass immigrant problem and not holding them to the rule of law our own citizens are bound to abide by!

Talk about using peoples emotions to as Peter puts it,'undermine national homogeneity'?

There is one of the puppet masters and 1%ers right there!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Well makes sense why you are not a judge, as that isn't how things work.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Who is talking about open borders?

You can assume that is what I want all you want but doesn't make it true.

We don't have a free pass immigration, not even close.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What kind of life is it to watch for the Mailman to see if I got my free money.

I love that it always goes to here, that if someone pushes social programs that means all they want to do is do nothing and collect a check...

Generalization much?

Who would of gave your ancestors the rope btw?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just annex Central America already, cut the chase.

I'm sure Cocaine/Smack prices would drop and then the CEOs of Google wouldn't have to pay so much.

Not to mention all that delicious food.

Vote yes on prop 3794287498279
edit on 6-9-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well makes sense why you are not a judge, as that isn't how things work.

It makes sense because according to our laws they are to be deported. They have no legal rights because the criminality od crossing the border without permission. its tresspassing. If they do not have documents showing they are legal citizens and cannot speak english they should be immediatly deported after they are checked out to be healthy for the return trip.

@phage. No its nto cause they look different its because they broke th e law getting here. same for any nationality should be applied if here illegally.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't get it, what is the big deal about showing identification?

I live in Ga and when the police stop me in my car that is the first thing they ask, that is why we have driver licenses, birth certificates, voting IDs, I even have my armed forces identification as a military wife.

I show all those identifications all the time depending what transactions I am doing in public.

So again what is the big deal?

Oh, I got it, it can target illegals Hispanics. Got it.

Guess what I am an American born citizen, but I am also Hispanic, and doesn't bother me at all to show identification I guess because I know I am not an illegal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join