It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Space Fleet

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I've said it before, but a "secret space program" doesn't exactly need taxpayer money to operate. There are a lot of ways they can make money -- this is assuming they even need money. They might be mining and using off-world materials, growing and building things they need without the aid of Earth's economies.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Correct.

Our government spends 52.6 BILLION a year on black budget programs. Because they are of "national defense/security" they are not required to say WHAT they are spending it on.

So there you have it.

Classify something as "national security" and spend our money as you wish. We can't prove what they are spending it on, and they are not required to tell us.

ITs as simple as that.

Im sure a few billion spent on the brightest minds with the most advanced technology available could slap together something most of us couldn't even imagine.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

But it goes beyond even that. They might have an entire self-supporting economy outside of the ones that exist on Earth.

They could invest in fake companies they create, developing technology from patents they slowly reveal to the public over time.

There are a lot of ways to skin the "funding" cat.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Correct.

Our government spends 52.6 BILLION a year on black budget programs. Because they are of "national defense/security" they are not required to say WHAT they are spending it on.

The largest chunk of that is NRO---launching, running and building spy satellites is expensive. Next is NSA and CIA and various other IC organizations you haven't heard of as well. Lots of droning and logistics.

I wish they were building a fleet warp drive starships, but I don't think there's enough money left.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The NRO was using space telescopes bigger than the Hubble, before the Hubble. They actually just "gave" NASA some of their old ones.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

I wish they were building a fleet warp drive starships, but I don't think there's enough money left.

Realise you are joking but we don't really need a fleet of warp drive starships do we..?

A more realistic situation might be just having a system (or number of systems) that allows one military faction to covertly access and return from space whilst maintaining an "always on", taskable presence up there.

Would provide a crucial strategic advantage across multiple facets and would be cost justifiable based purely on what we know about spending on terrestrial projects.

I reckon it might be limited to a small number of crafts and I would guess those involved would be in very none Star-Trek Nuke Sub type environments ( i.e cramped, smells of feet, no alien farmers daughters etc) but it would seem more likely than not - unless the rinsing of taxpayers is now the real "black" art.

edit on 28-9-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

originally posted by: mbkennel

Realise you are joking but we don't really need a fleet of warp drive starships do we..?

A more realistic situation might be just having a system (or number of systems) that allows one military faction to covertly access and return from space whilst maintaining an "always on", taskable presence up there.

I don't understand the strategic gain and purpose of having a super expensive supposed space fleet of very advanced craft, and then telling nobody about it. You don't need to tell the details but wouldn't the general knowledge be a major deterrent to potential malefactors and an encouragement to allies?

Otherwise, if most of the regular military and government is unaware of it and plans their activities without its knowledge, what's the point? It's just wasted money and effort.

A good hint about national ability to a certain KGB man of short stature and paranoid temperament might prove quite useful, though unmeasurable, in that you don't know what crap you've deterred.

So if supposedly USA had a great Star Fleet, and revealed it, what would be the consequence? All around the world: "Hey, America's back! Let's be friends with them or at least stop annoying them."
edit on 28-9-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The NRO was using space telescopes bigger than the Hubble, before the Hubble. They actually just "gave" NASA some of their old ones.

Yeah, Perkin Elmer got the contract because they already knew how to build them. And one cause of the initial 'defocusing' screwup was because the procedures and instruments were calibrated to focus the mirror at 200 km (ahem) instead of infinity.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I dont think the discovery or knowledge of a covert military space program changes anything unless you can do something about it!

The Russians knew the US were using Space/HA reconnaissance assets over their territories and it was decided (through a combination of lack of practical solutions and cost) that not a lot could be done about it.

All the nuclear neighbors have top secret, roving, hell deployment platforms so the actual threat is the same however MAD becomes even less attractive for any faction that can't have the definitive "final word" in assured destruction from the highest of grounds (i.e Space).

edit on 29-9-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

A covert program would have advanced technologies that would surprise people. Imagine if some of the "new" discoveries civilian scientists claimed they made were already tried and matured technologies 30+ years old?

That wouldn't go over very well meethinks.

But hey, they've thrown us a few bones...duct tape for one. And velcro, I'm pretty sure velcro. Not Tang though, I looked into it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Jukiodone

A covert program would have advanced technologies that would surprise people. Imagine if some of the "new" discoveries civilian scientists claimed they made were already tried and matured technologies 30+ years old?

That wouldn't go over very well meethinks.

But hey, they've thrown us a few bones...duct tape for one. And velcro, I'm pretty sure velcro. Not Tang though, I looked into it.

Im still waiting on them to give us those jetpacks and flying cars from the 1940's.
The 1% will be able to gain access to alot of the amazing technology.
By the time we get to decent nanotechnology and biotechnology they will have ascended into complete godhood beyond any need for any technology, and we will bow our heads down low in awe of our new corporate godlike masters.

edit on 29-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join