It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

malnourished 2 year old being breastfed by dog rescued

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Chilean police say they have rescued a malnourished 2-year-old boy found being breastfed by a neighbor's dog. The national police says a witness spotted the dog feeding the boy Thursday at a mechanic's workshop on Thursday in the desert port of Arica

Gajardo says the mother showed up at the hospital drunk, but she has not been arrested because there was not physical harm to the child.

im kind of baffled at the last part. i know we are talking about chile and they have different laws but isnt being malnourished physical harm?
if its not i sure dont know what is.

it never ceases to amaze me how #ty people can be.
aren't people wonderful?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

not arrested what nonsense the mother is clearly neglecting her child.

sometimes its hard not to lose faith in humanity
edit on 6 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Please dont condemn the mother yet. Check out the poverty level in Chile. Then research how many children in the US are malnourished.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Pretty sad state of affairs when a dog shows more humanity than a human mother, and the child wasn't removed from the mother, and the mother wasn't arrested for neglect. What's the world coming to?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Please dont condemn the mother yet. Check out the poverty level in Chile. Then research how many children in the US are malnourished.

yeah.
dont condemn the mother that shows up at the hospital drunk.
give me a break
if she has money to buy hooch she can buy food
if she can do 'favors' for hooch she can do them for food
so money/time/willingness to get drunk but not feed the kid.
please dont condemn her

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha
Pretty sad state of affairs when a dog shows more humanity than a human mother, and the child wasn't removed from the mother, and the mother wasn't arrested for neglect. What's the world coming to?

refer to the post above yours.
not the mothers fault...not yet i guess
things are bad in chile so it cant be the mothers fault for leaving the kid to slurp off a dog while she goes out drinking.
nothing is anyones fault ever. always someone else. always something else

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

That dog deserves a T-bone steak for dinner the rest of its days. It pretty much saved that child.

edit on 9/6/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

oh
clearly someone was feeding the dog. it was producing milk.

not enough to go around for the kid i guess

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Here is a point that I think people are missing and the thought of it makes me even sicker to my stomach.

Someone had to go out of their way to teach that poor child to feed from that dog. That is not a human instinct. Feeding from it's own mother is an instinct, not from a freaking dog.

Some people are just appalling.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Here is a point that I think people are missing and the thought of it makes me even sicker to my stomach.

Someone had to go out of their way to teach that poor child to feed from that dog. That is not a human instinct. Feeding from it's own mother is an instinct, not from a freaking dog.

Some people are just appalling.

I was wondering about how the child would feed from a dog, especially at two years old.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Really bizarre story.

Also Chile is a country where divorce is illegal, all abortions are illegal(even incest, rape, life endangerment), and 9/10 of poverty stricken women live in constant domestic violence(meaning that violence is normalized in society). About 18% of children in Chile live in poverty(well, as of the last statistical data available which needs updating). So if you think that if 90% of poverty stricken households normalize spousal abuse that those same women aren't turning around and doing the same to their kids which is how human behavior normally manifests itself then you're crazy.

But this story is just way bizarre. Like, if someone was feeding the dog it would have had to have taught the kid how to feed off the dog. Why not just feed the kid? Unless it wasn't weened yet and this was just a way of procuring milk that could sustain the child.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In US the cops would have Shot the Dog...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
Unless it wasn't weened yet and this was just a way of procuring milk that could sustain the child.

I really hope that's the case. Not to be crude, but nursing is instinctive (for the infant) whether the nipple is from a bottle, woman, or canine. Dogs have an uncanny ability of recognizing needs and nursing across species. But alas, this might be hopeful thinking.

I really don't want to believe the alternate theory offered because it's just horrifyingly sick.

edit on 9/6/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Brings to mind the myth of Romulus and Remus. If there is a grain of truth in it, this isn't the first time a canine has saved the life of a human by nursing them. Tragic in any age..

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So the dog would have had to have a recent litter of
pups in order to have milk available.

I'm glad the the child is alive & can now get the nutrition
& health needed. What a special kid to have survived so
far. The emotional scars will follow later.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Not necessarily true, this wouldn't be the 1st time an animal, especially dogs, have started lactating simply because there was a need.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hi TinySickTears,

Yes the human race is beyond comprehension how we survived thus far is an anomaly.

Since you don't have an Intro I will have to go off topic here (punish me Mods, please)
If your Avatar is a self portrait I do hope you were pursuing some sort of artistic endeavor, applying red paint with a sword, kind of like playing around with paint filled balloons.
If not I don't want to know.

Welcome Aboard have a safe ride.
WIS

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
has anyone mentioned romulus and remus yet?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

OK tell me how that happens...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: lonegurkha

That dog deserves a T-bone steak for dinner the rest of its days. It pretty much saved that child.

They should adopt that dog if it ever becomes a stray.
It took better care of the child than the mom.
edit on 6-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join